24yrs of self-sufficiency...Mokkas Marihuana Methods

mokka

Drying.

I dry my weed in the dark, temps 15 to 25, rh 50 to 55. A couple of pc fans provide a bit of air circulation and a dehumidifyer keeps the rh constant. Drying takes between 7 and 10 days.

Last year I stood my buds up right to dry them, here´s a pic

large.58ee949b9cedd_dryingrackjpg.jpg

I dunno, I blame Think Different, I liked the fact that not one bud fell down onto a dusty floor. The buds dried more open and evenly. When they went in the jars they didn´t sweat very much / at all. I´m not sure if this is good or bad. The leaves didn´t dry round the buds so the glands were not so protected. It was easier to stand the bud then hang it generally.

Tbh this year I think I´ll be hanging again but it´ll have to be with new drying racks.

Curing / Boveda 62´s

Curing is in glass jars. Last year I got some of the B62´s but tbh I´m not at all impressed. I find 62 to wet and some bags didn´t seem to work at all. The weed definately smells better though, it just ain´t properly dry and I wouldn´t rely on it for long term storage.

• Like 7

Storage.

Glass jars, pitch black, 0 to 10 degrees, how long can you store weed for in these conditions? I´ve got 3 yr old weed that still tastes and works fine, I hear 5 yrs is possible..

large.58ee949379816_pipesandjars.jpg

sorted

Atb Mokka

• Like 6

Ooo you cheeky little devil, got me reaching str8 for the bong m8 :yes:

Personally if I were keeping that long I'd have to hash the lot, it only gets better with time, I'll jump on your boat and say 3 yes for greenery :yep:

• Like 3

Hey @mokka

Looking good for 17, just love your set up. Be sure to stake the Serious 6, It's got Seriously lol weak lower branches that struggle to take the weight of the flowers. If you have room maybe pull the lower branches away from the main stem to increase light and then stake them well. I didn't stake these branches and relied on the string, this moved too much and they broke causing the plant to topple over. gallery_95176_13707_219591.jpeg

Luckily I visited on the same day and harvested. This was the later mid October pheno. All the end of September plants were not a problem. gallery_95176_11616_206324.jpeg  

gallery_95176_11616_243420.jpeg

Edited by Lea Valley
  • Like 9

@Lea Valley cheers for the tips.

I get pretty strong winds here so even though the S6 is protected from wind on 3 sides it might still be worth growing it up through a scrog net. I really like the idea of putting a net under the tom roof so I can support and evenly space out the KK buds...

I´m gonna have to delay my start due to work, so I´ve decided as I´ll have to wait till the 12th/14th June I should start under 24hr light in a new starter box. Good news is, is I don´t think I´ve got any more work which will take me away from the garden for this season.

So the starter box will be located in the shed (cheers @Bud Wiser for the idea), 1.6m long 40cm wide and 75cm high. Light source will be two 1.5m long flouescents, pc fans for ventillation, heating mats if needed (I´ll be keeping the soil at 25 to 30 degrees). I´ll start the autos and the S6 and KK and keep them in there for upto 3 weeks before planting out. That should get them off to a good start.

Atb Mokka

Edited by mokka
  • Like 6

@mokka Well sorted mate, everything is well organised. Respect :yep:

Good food for thought about slugs and other predators attacking plants if they're up and running before others get established. I've always stuck to mid May though after the last frosts and surrounding veg has greened up nicely. Loving the picking tray, great idea :)

• Like 3

Hi folks, just a quick little update from the gh.

So it´s been fucking feezing , literally, nearly lost one or two tom plants but they pulled through (I hadn´t switched the gas heater on  oops). Potatoes were fine. Outside the first early asparagus shoots died.

Here´s some pics from the 14th of my tom plants.

First up are some which have been put into a lighted box ( 11W Led bulb 3000 kelvin 1000 lumen in a 1 footsquare box ) in the evening and came back into the sunlight every morning. btw Tom seeds were sown 20th March, started sprouting from the 27th and the seedlings went into the box on the 31st.

large.58fd01022212d_nolightnjpg.jpg

This pic was taken then after 2 weeks of "24hr" light. A lot of the leaves showed some discolouation / yellowing but growth was definately accelerated...

• Like 3

Next up is the controll (ie no extra led light), these stayed on the shelf on the back wall above the black water heat stores. The trays sit on heated mats which come on in the evening and go off in the morning.

large_led.jpg

these also look a bit yellow but it´s the sunlight. These will be going under the tom roof to hide the KK.

And finally a group shot of all the toms, from left to right, crappy toms for parent and inlaws (in the nft tray), not heated at all and it is always a bit colder on the gh floor. In the middle are 3 of the best from the 6 under the led light. on the right 3 of the best which had no extra light for 2 weeks.

large.58fd010513421_tomgroup.jpg

After 2 weeks of the led I stopped using it as I didn´t like what was happening to the leaves and I repotted my toms into 9 litr pots. The shitty ones I should get round to repotting this week.

I´ll take some pics tomorrow to show what´s been happening since..

Atb Mokka

• Like 3

Hi Folks,

So first up is a pic of Gardeners Delight (Irish version). This was the worst affected by the light treatment and in the end I kept only one (the one in the middle) of the 2 I put in the box. I should say that the two GD´s either side came up a few days before the other toms, but they never got the light treatment.

large.58fe4cbacfde0_GD24.4.jpg

Next up is "Big Orange" , here it´s the two plants on either end that had the treatment. They had the least leaf discolouration.

large.58fe4cb8131b9_BO24.4.jpg

It´ll be interesting to see how / if these plants catch up with each other. But it´s clear to me the benefits of 24hr light (of the right sort) has on early seedling development.

I´ve been starting my toms off now for a few years under 24hr flourescent light, I can fully reccomend it. This year`s test was more to try and reduce the energy by using led light of 11W instead of two 5 foot flourescents (2 x 60W??). 

It should also be said that in previous year´s the tom seedlings stayed just under the lights, so it could well be that the leaf discolouration is from the daily change of led light to sunlight, and it was pretty sunny then.

Needless to say I´ll be using the flourescents for my weed (with new tubes, lets do this proper) and I´ll keep them under lights for the first week gradually introducing them to real sunlight in the 2nd and 3rd weeks. 

I like my toms, they´re a good practice plant for getting your weed starting techniques sorted as they require similar conditions I feel. And they stop me from growing my weed to early.

These are the pots I´ll be sowing my seeds into and will then be going into the new starter box.

Btw as day time temps are only just reaching double figures I´ve got the gh doors shut, windows are on auto and an oscillating fan is on guring the day to provide air movement. The gas heater´s on and has a little pilot flame. It seems my toms have got a nice "added co2" green about them. It may be my imagination or just rising (soil) temps (my gh bed is now at 10 degrees 5cm below the soil surface).

Atb Mokka

Edited by mokka
  • Like 4

That cactus looks like a birthday cake lol

Also I agree about toms preventing starting weed too early and you get a nice snack later in the year when tending to the weed :)

Edited by beezee
  • Like 5

On 24/04/2017 at 9:16 PM, mokka said:

and finally another unrelated weed pic but I find its very pretty..

large.58fe4cbd318ca_M_sp24.4.jpg

That's a beautiful cactus mate and I must say you do have a garden that 99% of us would love to have access to :)

Thank you for adding some none cannabis shots it goes to show that if you have a nice bit of land you can become fully selfsuficient and hide a pot plant or 5 inbetween those other lovely plants :yep:

Great garden and thank you for sharing :)

Until the next one :bong:

All the best 

Mark. 

• Like 2

No matter how big your greenhouse is it´s never quite big enough..

Here´s a pic from inside. 1st May

large.5908c3328d115_gh1.4.jpg

From left to right, peas growing up through the string, they are just about starting to flower, some more peas sowed in pots for outside, tom plants (mine at the back). In the middle bed is potatos and cabbage, cabbage is flowering so we eating green sprouting some looks like it might be heading up. The bed on the far right has beetroot and chard which is all starting to flower so will get removed soon and lettuce. Just as a reminder here´s how the gh looked on the 1st April.

large_gh.jpg

Although inside the gh air temps are hitting 30 degrees soil temps are still only 12, too cold imo for toms , weed etc.

My toms will be staying in their pots till the soil is at least 15 hopefully 20. It all depends on if they get too big for their pots. This is my first year of keeping an eye on soil temps so I´ve no real idea when the soil will warm up properly. Obviously by mid/end of July when the weed will get planted out soil temps will be fine (20 to 25).

Jobs for May, build my starter box, and sort out where my auto´s are going. I had planned on giving them a bit of a veg bed but I need the space really for veg. They should all get at least 1m square growing space, I´d like to give them 1.25.

I´ll get something sorted.

Atb Mokka

Oh and I´ll be talking shit about my dinapassion autos later next week.

• Like 11

This is the greenhouse of my dreams! Looking forward to seeing all the action unfold! I'm enjoying the tomato teaser!

• Like 3