Sam Crow's Blue Widow & Critical Jack Auto Diary

Sam_crow

OK think I've got this picture lark sorted, here we go.....

large.IMG_1657.jpg

Plot #1

large.IMG_1658.jpg

All caged up and ready to go

large.IMG_1660.jpg

Cages stashed until plant out

large.IMG_1665.jpg

Plot #2 - A lot of work has gone into this one clearing out brambles

large.IMG_1668.jpg

Cages made up and ready to go

large.IMG_1669.jpg

Just some of the brambles I had to clear out....

So I'm ready to go with these two plots. The blue widow will be germed in about a week, ten days time ready for an early May plant out. Critial jack autos a few weeks later. Wish me luck!

• Like 9

Firstly thank you for taking the time to document your grow on uk420 :) , secondly great looking plot and finally best of luck this season :yep:

We will be watching with interest :)

All the best 

Mark. 

Edited by Dinafem-Mark
  • Like 2

Thanks @Blunt_Wit, best of luck to you this year mate.

So some good and bad developments. Managed to persuade the mrs to let me have a mini greenhouse out the way in the corner of the garden to keep the seedlings in for a few weeks prior to plant out :yep:

Bad news is that we're going away for five days in a couple of weeks, and I really want to germ now and plant out early may. If I give the seedlings a good watering before I go, will they survive unnattended for five days until I'm back?

Thanks fella's

• Like 2

Probably....kind of hard to say for sure.    They should be pretty established in a couple of weeks and you will know if the greenhouse blows away before then at a guess.... ;)  GL just try to plan for the randomness and hope for the best :yep:

Third plot prepped. Haven't decided what strains are going where yet so not all these plots will feature in this diary

large.IMG_1687.jpg

Found a single piece of pottery in one of the holes. Anyone else ever dug up anything of interest? 

large.IMG_1689.jpg 

ITS ON. Planted today and should be in the ground by May 1st :punk:

large.IMG_1696.jpg

• Like 9

On 07/04/2017 at 10:16 AM, Sam_crow said:

Thanks @Blunt_Wit, best of luck to you this year mate.

So some good and bad developments. Managed to persuade the mrs to let me have a mini greenhouse out the way in the corner of the garden to keep the seedlings in for a few weeks prior to plant out :yep:

Bad news is that we're going away for five days in a couple of weeks, and I really want to germ now and plant out early may. If I give the seedlings a good watering before I go, will they survive unnattended for five days until I'm back?

Thanks fella's

I would think if they are well developed with a good watering and not direct sunlight then 5 days you should get away with :)

Now onto plot 3 which looks great and nice to see so many seedlings joining the party. This is definitely going to be a great thread to watch and happy to be along for the ride :yep:

Great looking plots and prep is well underway and nearly ready for some plants :)

Thank you for the plot and seedling update very much appreciated!

Until the next one :oldtoker:

All the best

Mark.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

Apologies for the lack of updates but things not going so well at the moment! Planted twelve seedlings out a while ago and returned a few weeks later to find only three survivors and just one blue widow. Think the fallen suffered from the dry conditions we'd been having until recently. Didn't even think they would need watering in April :wallbash:

At least one bw survived! Doing ok at the moment

large.IMG_1802.JPG

Four of the five critical jack autos (one dud) germinated and are currently in the mini greenhouse toughening up before going out next week. Never done autos before let alone outdoors, should I be using bottomless pots to restrict the root space or just let em grow wild like the photos?

Blue skies everyone

• Like 4

Do not restrict the roots of autos mate, they need to be left to get on with it. I go from small pots for 2 weeks straight into the final home (big pot or ground) :yep:

• Like 4

On 2017-5-14 at 9:11 PM, Sam_crow said:

Apologies for the lack of updates but things not going so well at the moment! Planted twelve seedlings out a while ago and returned a few weeks later to find only three survivors and just one blue widow. Think the fallen suffered from the dry conditions we'd been having until recently. Didn't even think they would need watering in April :wallbash:

At least one bw survived! Doing ok at the moment

large.IMG_1802.JPG

Four of the five critical jack autos (one dud) germinated and are currently in the mini greenhouse toughening up before going out next week. Never done autos before let alone outdoors, should I be using bottomless pots to restrict the root space or just let em grow wild like the photos?

Blue skies everyone

Firstly mate sorry about the 75% loss of seedlings this is never good but apart of the outdoor grow season. With the autos as said the idea is to not restrict the root zone. Most growers start in jiffy7s or similar and as soon as a few roots are showing then into your finish pots :yep:

No need to pot up in stages with autos best to get them into the biggest pot you have 10-25l and let them do there thing :)

Again sorry about the loss let's hope the remaining 3 do well and I'm sure the autos will also perform great :yep:

Until the next update :bong:

All the best 

Mark..

• Like 2

On 2017-5-15 at 7:43 AM, Moobman said:

@Sam_crow I think the idea of bottomless pots is not to restrict the root space 

:yep: bang on mate! The less restriction to the roots the better :)

All the best 

Mark....

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Apologies for the lack of updates guys. Visited the plot yesterday, pleased with the growth / smell but seem to have what I think is a pest problem? Can anyone diagnose? 

large.IMG_1972.JPGlarge.IMG_1973.JPGlarge.IMG_1974.JPG

Small holes in leaves, not sure what's causing it? 

Smelling vey nice by the way, proper weedy scent if you give it a smell, not getting this from any of my other strains at the moment.

BTW I managed to fry all my critics jack autos Ina mini greenhouse :wanker:

However I do have a single critical + auto that was planted a few weeks ago at a different plot, photos to follow when I visit this week.

Blue skies everyone...

• Like 3

It looks like slugs mate but could be wrong, maybe that vegetation behind isn't helping and needs cutting back, I reckon slugs will get onto your plants easy if your plants are touching or are too near the original grounds vegetation. Just a thought. Somebody with the experience will give you a more solid answer :). E2a: maybe ask the guys in the GG section? I also have a critical auto too mate, it will be going out in a few days and is the +2.0 one.

Edited by indicatoker420
  • Like 2