Dinafem purple orange CBD& sweet deep grapefruit led grow with extreme defoliation

MeanGreenScouseMachine

1 hour ago, MeanGreenScouseMachine said:

@Dinafem-Mark cheap cheerful and effective... Wouldn't have it any other way mate :smokin:

I will be going the led route mate. I did a seed swap before Xmas for a SS550 California lightworks panel. It is still stateside but should be with me at some point this year :)

All the best 

Mark. 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Fragg said:

This diary is making me feel so last year lol

Haha @Fragg that was a low blow haha I will be like the 2nd person to do the PO CBD strain haha and it's a couple of months late but a couple of months is better then never haha 

i have two of them big LEDs mate so there's going to be some serious power. 

Im only running one currently until flower

2 hours ago, noddy said:

would like your input , also what about a controller to run with them.

@noddy my models are called sunspect , they are no longer being made as sunspect I found out earlier today. There actually called vipar spectra now and are very effective in all stages of growth. But.... Now that the companies calling them vipar spectra there charging a extra £50 for the 'brand tag' but still the cheapest on the market and work very well indeed , tbh I wouldn't buy anything else there cheaper then everything else and work as good as everything else . Hope that answers your question mate? And a controller? You mean for the colour band it emits? Couldn't tell you mate never bothered with all that I just plug in and play from start to finish

• Like 2

@Fragg ohhhh I get ya hahaha naaaa mate I wouldn't say I'm blazing the trail for 2017 ..... I was supposed to do this grow in 2016 so I'm basically cheating haha

• Like 2

@MeanGreenScouseMachine sorry to be a pain in the arse on your post , when you say the  vipar spectra are these the ones being sold on ebay for £79.99 or should i avoid them and get them elsewhere .

i am really thinking led is the way to go .

stay safe grow well

• Like 2

@noddy your not being a pain mate, yes you can buy them on eBay ...that's where I bought mine but a panel at £79.99 won't be powerful enough unless you have a few of them, the panel you mentioned probably draws around 100w - 180w max always go on actual draw.  Don't get me wrong you will get bud from it but not in great quantities . 

What kind of grow space are you looking to fill? 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, noddy said:

@MeanGreenScouseMachine sorry to be a pain in the arse on your post , when you say the  vipar spectra are these the ones being sold on ebay for £79.99 or should i avoid them and get them elsewhere .

i am really thinking led is the way to go .

stay safe grow well

The best advice when looking for an led panels is the actual draw from the wall.

Let's say a unit is 500w panel. This will be made up of 100 led diodes at 5w each, when actually ran they only use 45-55%. So a 500w panel will only ever draw 225-275w from the wall. This Imo is equivalent to a 400w hps :)

I have seen some very good ones on the market which do have a veg and bloom mode. The veg mode will be less actual draw then when you switch on bloom mode it will be all diodes on and full draw from the wall :)

All the best 

Mark. 

• Like 6

@noddy couldn't agree more with @Dinafem-Mark except I'm skepical with the veg & bloom switches. Yes the veg button will cut power consumption by about half but at the same time I always thought more power equals faster growth....

so although you'd be saving power on a daily lights on in veg IMO veg time would actually take a little longer. 

We all know hps contains more orange and red then anything and that you can also do a grow from start to finish with CFL flowering bulbs .

as a result veg/flower switches isn't something I look for but that doesn't mean there not great I may be completely wrong.

but my thought is I would want two panels in veg mode to speed growth if I was going down the veg/flower switch route

(MAINLY BECAUSE IM INPATIENT) haha 

1 hour ago, Dinafem-Mark said:

Let's say a unit is 500w panel. This will be made up of 100 led diodes at 5w each, when actually ran they only use 45-55%. So a 500w panel will only ever draw 225-275w from the wall. This Imo is equivalent to a 400w hps :)

The above I've quoted from Mark couldn't hit the nail on the head more! I always tell people my 1000w panels (which the actual power draw is 475w) as the same as 700w of hps . And that's far from the 1000w they advertise 300w to be exact but......

i repeat but......

there is a 225w saving and the growth is crazy, bud is the most potent and flavoursome I have ever had and to top it off all my buds are that hard that if you squeeze them with a fair bit of pressure they won't even budge! Not a dent! No more worrying of squashing your bud by sitting on it stoned hahaha

oh and also go for 5w diodes keep clear of 1w diodes and as for 3w they work well but not as good. I like the fact that the 5w diode provide a little warmth

Edited by MeanGreenScouseMachine
  • Like 1

@MeanGreenScouseMachine it is only a cabinet 2ft 6 x 20" x 6ft .i do hope to go larger but that depends on our moving to a 3 bed where i can have 1 bed for the grow room lol , the wife promised .

The one isaw said it is 1200w but as i have never brought leds i think it best to listen to people who have ,so what size draw should i go for if that is ok .

stay safe grow well

i do not know how to link to ebay so here is the item number is this the one or is it a copy or fake 131973390729 ,sorry to ask so much but think it is best to check with people who have used leds

Edited by noddy

@noddy I don't believe  that panel to be anything to do with vipar spectra looks fake to me mate.

a 1200w vipar spectra costs 200-300 not 80 and they look a lot better designed.

also this panel is one of the biggest lies going.... It's not even close to 1200 because it had 10w double chips.

its actual draw is more in the region of 200-300w rather then being half (600w) I've also heard the double chips blow bulbs easier as they over heat due to two chips being close together.... I don't know how true that is like.

your space is very small I don't think you would need that much power but the more light you give the more buds swell.

i will give you a example a light that draws between 450-550 would cover a 1.2 meter sq tent. 

So personally I think buying a bigger panel to begin with in such a small space would take you further away from gpw but still give you more bud then a smaller light. 

so it all depends on what you want to do???? Do you want a little bit of extra bud and have a more powerful light ready for when you get more space or do you want to save on electric and just for fill the plants needs?

you need to make sure the light fits ur cabinet also because I know my panel wouldn't ....

i used a vipar b2x3 that drawn 180w in a similar grow space and it done well but as I said a more powerful light would of done a little better but would of wasted electricity. 

I will post a picture of a 1200w vipar spectra in a minute so u no the difference 

• Like 1

@noddy  here is a 900w vipar spectra ... See the quality difference? The one you showed me looked like a peice of shit compared to this haha . This image is from the same seller I got mine who I believe to be the manufacturers cos it says they have warehouses in the uk amoung other countrys .This panel is priced at £230 mate, ecotachi the companies called mate. Apparently they sell a lot of LEDs for fish tanks as well from what I've read on them. Make sure you don't buy a coral light lollollol 

s-l300.jpg

@noddy the 450w vipar spectra would be ideal for your space right now. 

It's actual draw is 200w, it has a veg and flower switch (if your into that I'm not at the moment but my view may change)

It's £116 and comes with a three year garuntee mate. Hope this helps.... As I say mate the light is exactly the same specs as mine and I've had no issues with the company .large.image.jpeg

• Like 1