Chester's Cheese Is a Critical Must

Chester Copperpot

4 hours ago, Openairbud said:

Top grow this mate, bet it honks in there! Lots of lovely sticky buddage in the making :hippy:

Nice one :yep: yeah its humming in there. Got a new filter on standby, the one I'm using should be on its way out but its still working up to now so all good.

• Like 2

On 17/04/2017 at 10:07 PM, Chester Copperpot said:

Nice one :yep: yeah its humming in there. Got a new filter on standby, the one I'm using should be on its way out but its still working up to now so all good.

It can not harm having a spare carbon filter around mate :) you never know when your old one will fail and always best to have a replacement on standby :)

All the best 

Mark. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Dinafem-Mark said:

It can not harm having a spare carbon filter around mate :) you never know when your old one will fail and always best to have a replacement on standby :)

All the best 

Mark. 

Yes always handy to have a spare filter. The current one is still working, although it absolutely stinks in there! Lovely skunky smell. Can't even hold the tip of a leaf for even just a second without it leaving it's scent on me! :naughty: 7 weeks tomorrow with a pic update.

• Like 1

So 52 days flowering then and let me tell you, the new filter went on today lol not that the old one wasnt working but I've got to be sure with these. Don't think I've smoked the genuine cut and I know I haven't grown it so I'm not sure how close these are. Going by the smell they'll be just fine. I was planning on making some cream with the trimmings for a friend with a skin complaint, I'll see what he reckons as regards smell beforehand. Not long to go, I guess another week..

large.rps20170427_214312.jpglarge.rps20170427_214335.jpglarge.rps20170427_214524.jpglarge.rps20170427_214249.jpg

These are all clones from the same mother, so should be ready at the same time..Another week?

:smokin:

• Like 4

On 27/04/2017 at 10:22 PM, Chester Copperpot said:

So 52 days flowering then and let me tell you, the new filter went on today lol not that the old one wasnt working but I've got to be sure with these. Don't think I've smoked the genuine cut and I know I haven't grown it so I'm not sure how close these are. Going by the smell they'll be just fine. I was planning on making some cream with the trimmings for a friend with a skin complaint, I'll see what he reckons as regards smell beforehand. Not long to go, I guess another week..

large.rps20170427_214312.jpglarge.rps20170427_214335.jpglarge.rps20170427_214524.jpglarge.rps20170427_214249.jpg

These are all clones from the same mother, so should be ready at the same time..Another week?

:smokin:

These have filled out excellent brother real nice job!

Just going of the shots I would say 7-10 more days and it will be sticky finger time :) also nice to hear that you maybe using the trim for a topical ointment if you need a recipe just ask and I'm sure I can find on from my writing days :) also @nohibitionis very knowledgeable on this subject and I know he would be more than happy to help :yep:

Get lots of plane water though mate to give a good flush and a few more days you will be cropping out :)

I knew they would fill in that screen and I was correct they filled it in great :)

Thank you for the added pictures mate very much appreciated and if you can will you get some pre harvest shots?

Until the next update :bong:

All the best 

Mark..

• Like 1

Yes @Dinafem-Mark they done well haven't they :yes: I could've filled them out a bit more but I didn't know what the stretch would be like, if I had have known I would've got that net 100% filled, but still, I'm more than happy with these.

Well chop day was yesterday, it took me 7 hours to get them trimmed and hung up. It was a tricky job though because I use the net to hang them on and the plants were unmovable lol Something I didn't plan for :doh:

They didn't get a flush per se but the EC was run real low by just topping up with plain water until it dropped to 0.78 by the time they got chopped.

These were took before the clippers got to them:

large.rps20170504_130246.jpglarge.rps20170504_130313.jpglarge.rps20170504_130426.jpglarge.rps20170504_130558.jpg

The middle right was so dense I'm glad I decided to chop them now. There wasn't one bit of bud mould but there could have been in that middle if left any longer. If I need any advice on making some cream I know where to come. So far there's a storage tub full of trimmings and branches, I usually just compost the lot in the garden. We'll see :smokin:

Edited by Chester Copperpot
  • Like 3

nice work cc,  I have been enjoying the critical cheese awhile now think your gonna like it. there is a fruity phenol but I haven't got it yet just some good 50/50s with more of the cheese smell. mine have been really potent as well.

happy harvesting brother, beautiful work

sam

• Like 2

Nice one  @samhigh  kind words. The first hydro grow in a while that's gone close to plan lol These are clones from the same mother (the mother didn't get grown) and the smell is fruity so maybe I got that one. I dunno, I'll see come smoke time. All the cheeses I've grown I've been looking for an actual smell of cheese, aparantly that ain't so. I'm not in the right circles to know what cheese smells or tastes like and I wouldn't trust what I might've been told was cheese in the past. All I can say is that this doesn't smell too different from the 'cheeses' I've grown myself.... If that makes sense. Either way I take the weed on its own merit :yep:

• Like 2

Excellent job mate :) yes maybe you could have filled in the scrogg screen more but I think you did great and got a nice even coverage and not to many gaps :)

It is always great when a grower puts up pre harvest shots this will allow many new growers to get a better feel for the strain and what to expect come harvest :yep:

Now they are down and drying it will not be long until you can try the end product and we at Dinafem are very interested in what you think once fully dry and cured :)

This has been a great grow to follow and with a very pleasing end result. Thank you for the dedication to the diary and thank you for the continued picture updates very much appreciated! 

Until your smoke report. Enjoy that product :bong:

All the best 

Mark..

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

So, after a month of drying/curing this is what it looks likelarge.rps20170710_125501.jpglarge.rps20170710_125432.jpg

The smoke is a dopey night time one, good for sleep, it knocks me out nice enough. Smells very strong and fruity out the bag and very sticky skinning up :skin_up: Hashy fruity taste, quite thick but smooth, almost like the old gold seal hash but less hashy than that, along the same lines taste wise. I've not tried this in the day as I only smoke at night, mainly for sleep reasons and this works a treat. I've been smoking this regularly since it was dry enough to and I'm more than happy with it :) 

I didn't get to make a cream, I looked into it but I think a strain less smelly might be a better option. It wouldn't be for myself and it was agreed that something like a white rhino type plant might be better, in my experience.

Many many thanks to @Dinafem-Mark and all at Dinafem. Next up, OG Kush... For now though its Critical Cheese and toast. :stoned:

Edited by Chester Copperpot
  • Like 2

@Chester CopperpotThank you so much for ending out this thread with a few dry bud shots and the smoke report this is (imo) the best way to end a thread and very much appreciated! 

Nice job brother and thank you for the added pictures very much appreciated!

Until your next Dinafem adventure :yep:

All the best

Mark..

• Like 1