Chester's Cheese Is a Critical Must

Chester Copperpot

After finally getting back up and running I've sorted out a new RDWC system with 3 Dinafem Critical Cheese clones about a foot tall so far. Growing conditions are OK and apart from the house being upside down and them sufferring a slight nutrient deficiency they seem to be doing well. This has been a major ball ache to sort out and I haven't thought this through lol but, as things progress it'll all have to be juggled about and if it don't fit I'll make it fit :angry:

To cut a long story short I've had to strip everything down and move the tent into a different room, easier said than done! There's stuff everywhere even still, its just a nightmare lol The tent is now kinda squashed into the corner of its new room in an attempt to hide it away, and now I'm realising as I'm adding the fans, filter, ducting and all the rest of it there isn't proper room for it all... I am determined though, this will happen.

This is a must grow now, supplies are running low and as @Dinafem-Mark sent me the seeds I'll do my best to do them justice. Thanks for the chance to grow these out :yep:

Tent is 120 x 120 x 200 hydrolab. There are 2 x dimmable 250w - 660w available to use with basic euro reflectors, at the moment there's just the one being used with a 400w. RDWC system with 2 x 80 litre tubs, very basic but it's working, the plan is to scrog the 3 clones but with working space limited that might have to change.

So here we go, one way or the other I'll be growing these out. Pics to follow, they speak a thousand words, and seeing as I'm no scientist with clever graphs and equations, the pics will be doing the talking.

• Like 3

On 05/02/2017 at 0:25 AM, Chester Copperpot said:

After finally getting back up and running I've sorted out a new RDWC system with 3 Dinafem Critical Cheese clones about a foot tall so far. Growing conditions are OK and apart from the house being upside down and them sufferring a slight nutrient deficiency they seem to be doing well. This has been a major ball ache to sort out and I haven't thought this through lol but, as things progress it'll all have to be juggled about and if it don't fit I'll make it fit :angry:

To cut a long story short I've had to strip everything down and move the tent into a different room, easier said than done! There's stuff everywhere even still, its just a nightmare lol The tent is now kinda squashed into the corner of its new room in an attempt to hide it away, and now I'm realising as I'm adding the fans, filter, ducting and all the rest of it there isn't proper room for it all... I am determined though, this will happen.

This is a must grow now, supplies are running low and as @Dinafem-Mark sent me the seeds I'll do my best to do them justice. Thanks for the chance to grow these out :yep:

Tent is 120 x 120 x 200 hydrolab. There are 2 x dimmable 250w - 660w available to use with basic euro reflectors, at the moment there's just the one being used with a 400w. RDWC system with 2 x 80 litre tubs, very basic but it's working, the plan is to scrog the 3 clones but with working space limited that might have to change.

So here we go, one way or the other I'll be growing these out. Pics to follow, they speak a thousand words, and seeing as I'm no scientist with clever graphs and equations, the pics will be doing the talking.

Thank you mate for getting this grow diary going :) and the first in the new 2017 indoor section :)

You have plenty of power for the grow space and I think the critical cheese clones are going to do very well in this environment :)

2 x 80l pots this is going to produce 2 huge plants and I do suggest with our critical cheese that you grow big and scrogg them. She reacts very well to the scrogg tech and I think this would be a great move :)

I'll definitely be watching this with interest and until the picture update :oldtoker: Thanks for starting the thread :)

All the best 

Mark. 

• Like 1

On 06/02/2017 at 9:58 PM, MeanGreenScouseMachine said:

Look forward to watching mate 

These are going to be big plants mate :) I'm watching with interest ;)

All the best 

Mark. 

• Like 2

Cheers mark :yep: Meangreenscousemachine :yep: feel free to chip in make yourselves at home.

So about time for an update. A new camera that took time arriving, then didn't work, moving the tent a third time for more space, and trying to work this new version of the site has kept me busy from updating this, but here it is eventually. Ambient tent temps are steady at 21°C light on, light off drops to 19°C. Light schedule is 23/1. Reservoir temps are a steady 23°C with an aquarium heater on its lowest setting. I know this isn't ideal but I have a plan for dealing with this. EC 1.3, pH 5.8 - 6.

Under the net. There's 3 clones here. The mother never got grown out so this is a bit of a blind grow, but they're all the same so at least that's a level. These are chronologically about 2 months old, pistils everywhere they will be ready to take off when the time is right!

large.rps20170215_183740.jpg

Top shot. A bit of discolouration but still happy considering what these have been through already.

large.rps20170215_184126.jpg

Side shot. You can see how this works. Two tubs, one in the tent one outside, connected by that grey return pipe. Pumped from outside by maxijet and garden hose. Simples.

large.rps20170215_184000.jpg

Control tub outside the tent from a different angle, with the lid off for this pic. This is where I'll be doing the checks and top ups.

large.rps20170215_184223.jpg

So far so good. Still a bit of a mess but its a work in progress. You know that feeling where you had a right day of it (all fcuking day!) and all you wanna do is grab a can out the fridge and roll one? That's where I'm at about now :yep: Atb happy growing.

Edited by Chester Copperpot
  • Like 3

On 15/02/2017 at 8:06 PM, Chester Copperpot said:

Cheers mark :yep: Meangreenscousemachine :yep: feel free to chip in make yourselves at home.

So about time for an update. A new camera that took time arriving, then didn't work, moving the tent a third time for more space, and trying to work this new version of the site has kept me busy from updating this, but here it is eventually. Ambient tent temps are steady at 21°C light on, light off drops to 19°C. Light schedule is 23/1. Reservoir temps are a steady 23°C with an aquarium heater on its lowest setting. I know this isn't ideal but I have a plan for dealing with this. EC 1.3, pH 5.8 - 6.

Under the net. There's 3 clones here. The mother never got grown out so this is a bit of a blind grow, but they're all the same so at least that's a level. These are chronologically about 2 months old, pistils everywhere they will be ready to take off when the time is right!

large.rps20170215_183740.jpg

Top shot. A bit of discolouration but still happy considering what these have been through already.

large.rps20170215_184126.jpg

Side shot. You can see how this works. Two tubs, one in the tent one outside, connected by that grey return pipe. Pumped from outside by maxijet and garden hose. Simples.

large.rps20170215_184000.jpg

Control tub outside the tent from a different angle, with the lid off for this pic. This is where I'll be doing the checks and top ups.

large.rps20170215_184223.jpg

So far so good. Still a bit of a mess but its a work in progress. You know that feeling where you had a right day of it (all fcuking day!) and all you wanna do is grab a can out the fridge and roll one? That's where I'm at about now :yep: Atb happy growing.

Very nice looking set up mate :) All grow rooms are a work in progress. You can always do more or perfect a technique and I personally think the set up looks great :)

I'll be watching with interest. Thank you for the added shots of the set up mate much appreciated. 

Until the next one :oldtoker:

All the best 

Mark. 

• Like 1

@Dinafem-Mark how much stretch are these likely to have? Just wondering how full the net needs to be before flipping these into flower. Looking at the leaves there seems to be a bit more sativa than what I'm normally used to so I'm guessing a net 50% full? I need to tidy the underneath soon too and get more growth at the tops.

Edited by Chester Copperpot
Speling
  • Like 1

You are going to get about a 2x stretch I have seen 2.5x pheno depending :)

@ANTHONY13 what would you say mate as you have grown this lady with the same scrogg tech :)

All the best 

Mark. 

• Like 1

Hi!

first weeks she is just getting ready for big growth:)

i was tieing and bendig till end of week 2

i would say keep an eye on the as she will slow down around week 3

good luck with ur grow

• Like 2

Cheers  @ANTHONY13thanks for the input. I might play this one safe and flip a bit earlier. They're ready for it already but to make the most of the light I'll let them go a bit longer yet, within the next 2 weeks possibly sooner :yep:

• Like 2

large.rps20170301_194138.jpglarge.rps20170301_194218.jpgBit of an update. Probably another week before I flip these and add a second bulb, these are spread out under a 600w now. Kept the EC lower than I have in the past at 1.2 and they seem happy with that. Temps have been sound, res is only varying by a degree, 19°C light on, 18°C light off. Gonna have to chop a bit more from underneath but I'm debating with myself weather to do it now or later when they get tidied up after flip :unsure:

Happy with these now something's happening, new shoots need tucking every 2 days. Not getting this 'explosive growth' I hear about with DWC, but ticking along nicely. Got to remember there's only 3 under a 600w, with a euro reflector in a 120 x 120 tent, so that might have something to do with it lol might even get the second bulb in before actually....

• Like 1

large.rps20170301_194248.jpgUnder the net. Should I trim a bit off now or wait till the big trim after the stretch in flower has stopped? :unsure:

• Like 1

On 01/03/2017 at 8:22 PM, Chester Copperpot said:

large.rps20170301_194248.jpgUnder the net. Should I trim a bit off now or wait till the big trim after the stretch in flower has stopped? :unsure:

I would get some of those lower sucker stems/branches of now mate. Then after/during the stretch strip all of the undercarriage :yep:

Looking good so far mate and thank you for the continued picture updates very much appreciated :oldtoker:

Until the next one :)

All the best 

Mark. 

• Like 1