Glueberry OG - first time grow diary

Bucketboi

@DutchPassionTony

I am sure (well actually it's more along the lines of hope)that I can dial her in a bit more on the next round so can't wait to pop the other seeds and see what is revealed.

• Like 1

On 30/05/2017 at 0:13 PM, DutchPassionTony said:

lovely growing, the close up on the buds looks great and most importantly you will have filled a few jars and saved yourself some cash now and in the future too.  Enjoy the buds when the time comes ;-)

You've taken that plant at peak mate, perfectly done and a cracking diary ......... glue looks heavy and danko !!.......... the aroma must be well sweet............. not bad for sat dom, with BB and sour dubb influences, tropical terps !!. Nice work there man, crackerjack danko !! would love to get an olfactory full of them terps man.... great gro, cure ahead !! Automaster

@AutoMaster

thsnks for the kind words as the grow was a roller coaster with juggling all the balls and dropping them a few times. I did enjoy watching the plants response to my inadvertent stress training so will be def have another crack with a cutting or two (depends on if one survives and I am not confident) and another 3 seeds. They are nice and they def do have a tropical smell about them

cheers

BB

What's up fellow green fingers.

I hope you have been well and enjoying your summer.

So I thought I would do another round of GBOG's and see if I can dial it in a bit better than the first run.

I took two clones ( one of each ) as I had very little space and of course, another house/grow move. I am starting to become an expert and that fucking sucks. So of course, the clone of my personal fav of the 2, probably won't make it and the other clone is powering.

large.IMG_2545.JPG

So I have dunked my remaining 3 seeds to further increase the chances of some different phenos.

large.IMG_2542.JPG

large.IMG_2541.JPG

I will be running organic soils and additives this run as well ( on the seed run only and will finish the clone using the previous hydroponic system used in first run) so will also document that in this GD.

So main aims are

1 Keep temperatures and RH within acceptable ranges

2 Keep a more appropriate feeding schedule ( both organic and inorganic )

So fingers crossed it's a better outcome but you never know your luck when the green gods are playing their games.

Take it easy all and another update in 7 (or so ) rotations 

BB

• Like 1

Good luck with this run, BB. I put two large Gogs in my growshed under a 600w. They're a week 12/12 and seem to have survived the change of atmosphere. I'll bear in mind your experience with these and hopefully get them dialled in. 

• Like 1

@bearukc

I am sure you will treat the sisters better than I did. My main aim this time round is to stress them less  and be a bit more in tune with their needs. Give them some more love and be consistent. As I have found out numerous times,consistent attention is the key but family/life are important as well

Be good to see some pics and see what sort of feeds you have been given your girls.

Oh and there is life.

large.IMG_2547.JPG

One day been soaked in a shot glass filled with Springwater.

Already loaded them into the tupaware container for the next 24 hours.

Its an amazing time and one of my favourite stages of the cannabis life cycle.

I am going to have to source a camera for the visual aspect as some of the imaginery around here is quite stunning and awe inspiring and I need to up my game.

• Like 4

BB, the best way to germinate, is straight to soil. Then wet soil with ph6.5. Cover the 5ltr pot top with clingfilm, forming a micro greenhouse effect. Little or no chance of "Damping Off" or tap root rot. As you push the bare tap root into soil, which is a different temperature. daylight is not good on a bare tap root.

germ rates, and survival i find are higher straight to soil. As it would be in the wild. You can put a light over the clingfilm covered pots, to encourage them to the surface, under the clingfilm. Once they throw the 2 cottyladon leaves, harden the seedling up. By removing the clingfilm. I find, with my DP beans, i get 100% germ, and few losses this way. As they are natrually germinated in the soil. Which give the tap 1st feed straight away..........

Seems to give better overall results also, on comparison. To start them of i give them plus start 1st seedling feed, make em strong when realy young hatch-lings........... the cling film condensates the wetting water, back into the soil. Keeping even moisture. And no drying out of upper layer. Important for the hatch. I use no other method now due to better hatch and survival rates. 

Just use an elastic band to keep clingfilm tight to pot top, and leave room for hatch headroom. i let roots show at pot bottom, 3wks, then pot em up, in my case to 15ltr pots.......... is the best start for em i have found. And is set out on the dutch passion site, and in thier catalogues etc.........Automaster

gallery_80973_7265_934.jpg

• Like 2

@AutoMaster

thanks heaps for the detailed reply mate. I have read about the process you mentioned. I am keen to have a crack with it at the next pop of seeds as I have never grown in soil as have been a hydroer for since I began. It should be good to expand my knowledge base

So many new things to learn in this run as well. I'll do a side by side comparison with the clone vs seeds (synthetic feeding versus organic feeding) and see how it pans out.

To any and all uk420ers, I am always open to new ideas/concepts so please feel free to chime in with helpful hints/tricks cause I will consider it all.

cheers BB

• 2 weeks later...

large.IMG_2554.JPG

Hey hey fellow THC purveyors.

I trust you have all been well and your gardens are flourishing.

So to the nitty gritty.

First off, the cutting has been moved into the flower tent as I run a multi strain perpetual grow and it's time was up. It had some vigourous Veg growth prior where I had topped it so it has 4 main branches to it. This pic was taken Day 1 of flower. 

Nutrient wise I will run her on water for a couple of days then flip over to bloom (I don't have that much headroom so I like to limit the amount of nitrogen during the stretch).

Not much else to says except temps are about 26 degrees celcius and RH 60-70 at the max end.

large.IMG_2553.JPG

As to the seedlings, they have been been put into some store bought organic potting mix and have been only given water.

There is already some significant difference in growth between the 3 with number 3 being the most vigourous.

The plan is to see how they go as this is my first time growing in soil so don't want to over mother them with feeding.

So that's about it for now as not much is happening but the ball is starting to roll downhill so once the flowering starts kicking in, then will punch out some more pics and updates.

Take it easy all and be safe.

BB

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

Hello all,

Apologies for the lack of updates in the last month or so.

I have recently switched over to soil as well as running some back up hydro. I am glad I did as I have had a few issues with my watering process and frequency.

So in a nutshell, I have overwatered then underwatered then over then under so everything is still going albeit looking unhappy.

The clone that I have grown hydroponically, is now in the veg tent and is powering. I'll take some pics next week as hope to get things sorted a bit better in the veg tent.

so that's it for now so take it easy all and may your buds smash your pants off

BB

Been wondering where you'd dissapeared too  @Bucketboi it happens mate and I got to be one of world's best at fucking them up early on :yes: I can do it without even thinking about it  :wallbash:   lol 

Aye all learning mate, is what it is and they'll pick up, just take a bit longer on the veg and good to see you're still about :v:

@botanics

Hey mate.

yep it's been awhile. I have been a bit bummed out over my feeling like I am relearning everything.

I thought with some experience (some I said hehe) I would have a couple of dramas but should do ok.

wrong.

i thought I was pretty good st making ladies unhappy but I think I may have upped my game in the last month or so.

i hope you been well and doing your, good work around here.

I miss this madhouse 

BB

• Like 1

@Bucketboi

Mate this game can be a bit like that see...don't worry about it or panic, sometimes the vibes just aint there, distractions in life etc like stress' of modern life and it's controlling bollox...you'll be ok bud, it's all learning and all good as a result :yep:

Myself BB, well in an ok place considering I've no jars full of weed lol not inputing so mcuh about the boards though tbh, about the place like but being summer it's usually quieter and picks up as the nights close in...you keep a level head bud and will be fine with the growing, you're a decent bloke from the words I've read ;)

:yinyang:

• Like 1

@botanics

yep have seriously overloved the soil grown ladies but as you said, it's all part of the learning.

I try not to panic but it has become harder and harder to do as I am getting older and starting to learn I like to sit squarely in my comfort zone.

So hopefully it's an experience for the mind and the soul for which, the end result hopefully, means I become a better plant tenderer.

oh and the empty jars are never fun. Nothing like a good wall climb to reset the cannabinol system.

BB

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

Glad I read this, gotta a freebie on the go now and grown DP blue velvet on and off 7 years, I'm surprised you can't get blue velvet anymore cause it's a solid strain ticks all the boxes, I'm breeding blueberry hashplant with blue velvet,next project. I may get something new for Christmas from them