Glueberry OG - first time grow diary

Bucketboi

Greeting all,

Thought I would have a go at doing a grow diary and what a better way to demonstrate new genetics but to illustrate how not to do things.

Firstly some genetic details

Glueberry 0G

Gorilla Glue x OG x Blueberry

Indica/Sativa

Photoperiod

Feminised

High Yield

1.5-2.0 m

Indoors

8 Weeks

Taste - Blueberry, Diesel, Sweet

system - 2 tent system ( veg 1.2 x .3m .1.2 and flower 2.4 x 1.2 x 2.1)

Lighting Veg 4 x T5 Flower 400 + 600 HPS

Grow medium clay balls and vermiculite ( layer of balls on top and the bottom of all pots with vermiculite in the middle)

Pots 200 mm which sit in trays

Why I do it this way.

Basically I use vermiculite so I have to water once a day as I work 12 hour days so only get the morning before I go to work.

I hand water till the runoff reaches a certain level then let them sit in the runoff

i use a nutrient cycle of 

N N N Water N Water Flush

The cycle I have adjusted over time as I have had nutrient burn quite often on previous grows as I multistrain grow so the balance between the nutrient requirements is a bit of a juggle.

I use AN nutrients with Sensi Veg (ph adjusting one) and jungle juice bloom

i also use final flush for 8 - 12 days

i do the majority of the maintenance stuff early sat mornings and also have a green head torch to do stuff I need to do with the lights out.

so that's some background,

i got these girls the day before Xmas so they started the life on the 24/12/16

The first pic is the obligatory proof of packaging ect

large.IMG_2226.JPG

I will post up the next pic tomorrow as it's now been about 4 weeks and have not taken another one as this is a spontaneous decision to go ahead with the diary.

i did top the biggest one of the two today at the 5th node.

anyhows thanks for taking the time to stop in and have a look.

i make no promises but I usually aim for only one major fuckup per grow cycle but you never know as am always still learning

cheers

BB

• Like 3

large.IMG_2228.JPG

The latest pic taken today.

They are a couple of days shy of being 6 weeks old (I count it from the day I dropped them into the shot glass with springwater

ill do an update once a week unless something serious happens.

Have a good weekend all

• Like 1

This should be interesting :) sounds like you got a nice set up and know what your doing. look forward to seeing how you get on with this grow mate, all the best

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Bucketboi said:

large.IMG_2228.JPG

The latest pic taken today.

They are a couple of days shy of being 6 weeks old (I count it from the day I dropped them into the shot glass with springwater

ill do an update once a week unless something serious happens.

Have a good weekend all

As I said before, ageing starts from the day when the tap root hits the medium. For example, you can't have a seed soaking for 120 days and claim that "this is day 120 of my experiment" 

23 minutes ago, rabthegrower said:

This should be interesting :) sounds like you got a nice set up and know what your doing. look forward to seeing how you get on with this grow mate, all the best

I would say I have learned from the mistakes I have made and have tried to emulate the systems on here which seem logical/practical, to me.

i envisage making many more mistakes on my travels through the green sphere.

thanks rabthegrower for dropping in. I'll give it a whirl and if it all goes Pete Tong, then at least I can make the case of how not to do it

25 minutes ago, Green Lion said:

As I said before, ageing starts from the day when the tap root hits the medium. For example, you can't have a seed soaking for 120 days and claim that "this is day 120 of my experiment" 

Now each to their own methods of madness Green Lion( thanks for dropping in btw) They spent about 2 days out of a medium so me being a person who has short term memory problems, and easily loses track of where different strains are in my pepertual grow, it's easier to go off the date of the pic.

i am yet to still come up with a suitable record keeping system that incorporates the 2 weekly increments in my flower tent

ill explain some more details in the next few posts

Have a cracker weekend all

• Like 2

BB, alrgt mate, glue twins looking nice man............ defo two pheno's straight out the shells........... as there is no nute in medium choice BB. Was wondering what ec you run on these at 6' tall etc seedlings........

Would you run ph 5.8 veg ?/ and 6.3 in flower in vermicy BB ??...... the small pheno has to be more sativa's, as there is a micro tip burn on her, and not on the taller pheno.......  showing nute strength must be bang on the money BB.......   

The cappilliary power of the medium, would work well with the wicks, up into medium, and suspend pot over water. So o2 can get into lower root ??............... i use raised pots with wicks (Cuts of cappilliary matting) into soil raised above the autopot res on auto valves......

means they take only what they need, water wise, which is good, as they all drink differently. So the wick, allows em to get it. Without sitting in water 24/7 etc.......... for me means no hand watering, but o2 into root, right under !!............ i dont need to go in the space, but usually sneak in to keep an eye, but not to water !! wierd, after watering 4yonks !! 

Good growing fingers to ya BB............ subbed for the glue bro...........AM

• Like 2

1 hour ago, AutoMaster said:

BB, alrgt mate, glue twins looking nice man............ defo two pheno's straight out the shells........... as there is no nute in medium choice BB. Was wondering what ec you run on these at 6' tall etc seedlings........

Would you run ph 5.8 veg ?/ and 6.3 in flower in vermicy BB ??...... the small pheno has to be more sativa's, as there is a micro tip burn on her, and not on the taller pheno.......  showing nute strength must be bang on the money BB.......   

The cappilliary power of the medium, would work well with the wicks, up into medium, and suspend pot over water. So o2 can get into lower root ??............... i use raised pots with wicks (Cuts of cappilliary matting) into soil raised above the autopot res on auto valves......

means they take only what they need, water wise, which is good, as they all drink differently. So the wick, allows em to get it. Without sitting in water 24/7 etc.......... for me means no hand watering, but o2 into root, right under !!............ i dont need to go in the space, but usually sneak in to keep an eye, but not to water !! wierd, after watering 4yonks !! 

Good growing fingers to ya BB............ subbed for the glue bro...........AM

@AutoMaster

Thank for dropping in and saying hello.

So to answer your questions and thanks for the nutrient level prompt as I have made no mention of it yet and apparently it's important haha.

As I run a few strains at the same time, my dial up for the nutes is a general rule of thumb. I use a solution of 2 mls per liter (both in grow and bloom) as the recommended levels cook the hell out of everything. This is used on bigger plants (anything over about 5 or 6 nodes).

For any smaller plants, I use either quarter or half strength of the main solution.

E.C. Is usually 1.2 -1.4 ( both in Grow and Bloom)

P.H. Is 6.0 for all phases.

So good spot on the leaf deficiency. My take on it is that I actually was too slow in getting nutrients to them initially as sometimes work gets in the way. Both plants went a little pale and yellow and they were only on Springwater.I added some qtr Str Veg solution and they picked up and have not looked back. I know next time to get them some food a bit earlier in their life.

I will keep an eye on the phenos and document any differences in this diary.

Thanks for the heads up on the system you employ. It has give me something else to research on this goldmine of a site. The biggest issue I have is the pots sitting in enough solution so they have enough feed to last most of the day. If I don't do the nutrient regime mentioned in first post, the buildup and toxicity gets out of control.

N N N water N Water Flush

i also change the trays every weekend and I make enough nutrient to last nearly a week then water and flush till the end of the week. The resovoirs have bubblers in them for extra oxygenation.

so the idea of a wick styled system seems very very interesting. I also believe in the plant drawing up as much as it needs as it seems to keep the root system strong and healthy.

Well that is it for now.

The next couple of pics will show the two twins in the Veg tent and will fill in anymore details which I have forgottten

Cheers all

May the force be with you all

• Like 2

Time for the weekly update

in a nutshell, this weeks growth involved mostly lateral growth as I tipped both of the either late last week or early this week.

large.IMG_2239.JPGlarge.IMG_2238.JPGlarge.IMG_2237.JPG

There is still the slight tip burn in the bottom set of leaves on both plants but apart from that, everything seems to be chugging along.

It has been extremely hot and humid here the last few weeks so it's been a bit of a battle keeping the temps and rh down.

i foliar feed once a week and it is made up of a half Str grow solution.

As a point of interest, I have to do a complete pack up in about 2 and a bit weeks so have been nursing a bit of stock in my veg tent till I can start my two weekly increments again in the flower room.

i have tipped the hell out of other plants I have in this tent and as well have delayed potting them up. This is to keep the size of them down so I can keep as many as I can in there at different sizes.

so before the next update the plan will be, to pot these up into the next size pots and hopefully not tip them again. Depends on the room again as got a few clones that also need potting up so space is at a premium.

Thanks to those that have dropped in for a gander.

BB

ps I will take the plants out of the tent next time when I take the pics

I also meant to mention in the weekly update is the differences between the two plants.

The biggest one (GBOG01) is one node further into its grow cycle compared to the smaller one (GBOG02). It's about twice the height of the second one.

The other small difference is number 02 had a 7 pronged leaf at the node I tipped at. Number 01 had a 5 tip set and then have thrown off a 3 tip set of leaves after the tip. The second has kept to a 5 tip leaf pattern after the tip.

I stare to much at green things

It's that time again

not really much to report for this weeks update. It has been hot so temps/rh have been a major issue for the whole country and not just in my own private Idaho.

The planned shutdown has escalated to a full blown move so have not up sized the pots on the two little rascals. I am trying to obviously limit their size as have quite a few to move  so it's going to be interesting.

large.IMG_2253.JPGlarge.IMG_2254.JPGlarge.IMG_2255.JPGlarge.IMG_2256.JPG

The size difference is starting to really stand out. I have also had to start watering twice a day as they are both hot as fuck and are starting to become root bound.

take it easy all and not sure what happened to the first few pics but will look into it.

• Like 6

Just a bit of an infomercial update.

i have just spent the last few days moving house accumulating in a nervous relocation mission. I am on the rebuild in the next few days so once it's partly up and going, I'll put up a few pics to chart the two travelers progress.

Have a good one all

• Like 3

8 hours ago, newagegenetics said:

very interesting strain!

@newagegenetics

i stumbled over it whilst spending way to much time studying different strains on a particular seed selling website.

i have never tried 2 of the 3 strains that make up the cross ( GG or OG ) plus being a newly released strain, seemed only fair to give them a run.

I feel that a few circumstances out of my control, have contributed to a situation where I know the 2 rascals have not had the optimal care I had planned for them. In fact it includes all the plants I have going Atm.

This has lead to a period of about 7 days where they have only been feed tap water and the whole veg tent suffered some stress.

Anyhows, enough of the excuses, thanks for dropping in and hopefully have enough set up so will have some pics for the thread.

either that or I'll take some real pics of them sitting in a corner of an empty bedroom.

I make a good light timer, 

all your plants are Glueberry OGs?

GG4 is very easy growing strain, don't worry... OG is sometimes lanky but in this cross I don't think it will be too lanky, however gg4 also like to stretch a lot, but not lanky.