Glueberry OG - first time grow diary

Bucketboi

Greetings and salutatios all.

It has been a bit awhile since my last post and unfortunately I have fallen behind in keeping up with the weekly updates.

All I can say is life has away of monopolising my time lately so something had to give, so upkeeping got the nod?

So without further ado, some pics to kick this instalment off

large.IMG_2454.JPG

The  obligatory pairing shot.

Apart from the 2 weekly interval between the flip date, there is a massive difference in height. It's at least 30 cm difference between GBOG02 and GBOG01. I am sure I explained in a previous update, why I named them 1 & 2 and why 2 is bigger than 1. I believe that there is 2 phenotypes as I abused both girls the same and used the same recovery process.

The bud structure of GBOG02 seems to be more of a chunky nature. The top of the 2 colas have joined but it's just chunks all the way to the bottom.

large.IMG_2455.JPG

The pics don't really do justice to the amount of trichrome coverage on these two. Under the hps, they look  almost dirty. 

large.IMG_2453.JPG

This one is GBOG01 which I meant to take of GBOG02 but I fucked up and got mixed up. Hahahaha

So what else to mention.

Number 02 is on day 11 of flush with just Springwater. I heavily flushed on day 1 and 2 then have feed them nothing but Springwater since. I will end up taken her to about day 60 of flower ( DP recommends 8 weeks) and she is fairly close to their recommendations. So yes maybe Tuesday or Wed this week. Trichrome coverage is mostly cloudy with some amber showing in the last 3 to 4 days. 

I have already started stripping sun leaves as I stated in a previous reply, I found this girl to be always Hungary for nutrient.She was always looking on the threshold of being Hungary even with a big volume of nutrient I feed her. So she started to fade within 3-4 days so she dropped a lot of her leaves early on.

Number 01 is not going to get as tall but the colas will definitely fill out. It has a lot of lower lateral branches. It already has some significant trichrome coverage..

I will take a lot more pics before I chop number 02 down and keep the updates coming since there is still some time to go on number 01.

Then there are the obligatory harvest, cure then smoke reports.

I am actually thinking that when I run these again ( I took cuttings from both) I'll keep the second run in this thread as well to list my improvements.

cheers all

BB

• Like 6

Hey ho neighbourinos,

This weekly update has had a fair bit going on with the chopping down of number 2 and what's cracking with number 1

large.IMG_2471.JPG

So GBOG02 was chopped this week at day 62 of flower. I was fully impressed with her yield ( I did not do a dry weight as I try trim and hang them up straight away) and her smell. I run filters and I have noticed that every time I go into the room it reeks of fruity bubblegum-ish, now that it is up and hanging in the drying closet. I will do a dry weight in a further update. This pheno is 30-40 cm taller than GBOG01.

The pic above is with most of her sun leaves gone 

large.IMG_2472.JPGlarge.IMG_2474.JPG

Left and right cola shots with the lighter in for some size perspective.

Most of the pistils are gone with some of the calyxes also showing some purple colouration. The buds are super frosty that under the HPS 's that they look kinda dirty.

The buds are mostly chunky with only the top of the colas joining. The chunks go all the way down to where I trimmed the bottom.

Time for some trich shots. Apologies for the need for quality improvement in these ones but you will be able to see, sort of hahaha. Yes a camera and not a phone is on my list of things to upgrade.

large.IMG_2475.JPGlarge.IMG_2476.JPGlarge.IMG_2477.JPG

So I had trouble displaying the amber coverage without using a flash. As far as I could tell, the amber percentage is about 20-30 which is what I have read, is about where it's at.

The plant had 15 days of with just Being feed Springwater after it had been flushed every 2nd day in flush to waste situation.

I have to say I am fully impressed with this girl. I did not give her the best start in life and did not really hit any sweet spots in relation to nutrient strength and nutrient volume. The temperatures for the first half of her life were also above what I normally encounter but with the move mid grow, life got the priority for a few critical weeks.

She was super thirsty all the time and I think (mainly Intuition and from experience of my first run with this particular girl) that I will up the ec of the solution from 1.4 to 1.6 and try that for the next run with her. She was always on the yellow side of green but due to my grows constraints, I could not up the nute strength as it may have had an impact on the other 3 or 4 strains I have going at any one time.

I am also doing some research into cal-mag and see if that could benefit what I am doing as I don't use anything but standard A & B solution.

So in all, there are quite a few issues to learn from the first run. Considering the above limitations placed upon her, she still punched out some fantastic sugary,fruity smelling chunks. I can't wait to have another crack at running this one. I have called this particular pheno MYC cut ( mismanaged yet chunky) as a reflection of my mismanaged grow and the strong Dutch Passion genes.Its only in my mind and will be able to update it next run.

I have taken clones from her but due to space limitations I had to put the cuttings into the fridge for 4 weeks ( could have even been 5 and I ever only have ever had clones in the fridge maximum of 2 weeks before that). They did not like the extra 2 weeks and lost most of them ( I have a few other strains going and lost most of those as well). I usually get about 80 to 90 percent strike rate but this one was more like 30 percent. So I have two of GBOG01 and 1 of GBOG02 so a bit worried that I don't fuck it anymore and kill off my one clone from this baby.

I have not had a sample yet as have strains to keep me going till she finishes up.

The plan is to hang it up in the dark, in the drying cupboard. This will be for about 4 or 5 days but depends on weather and RH. Then off into the jars for at least 2 weeks for a cure. Obviously the longer cure the better but will surely be tempted way before then to have a test.

large.IMG_2478.JPG

GBOG01  - still at least 2 weeks away from her harvest, more likely 3.

Still has some yellowing and the leaves are showing nutrient clawback. Well I am hoping that I have diagnosed it correctly.As it's sister, I'll up her ec next time and generally feed her some more volume. 

She starting to fatten up nicely so will start flushing her in about 5 to 6 days.

Ill take some pics of the drying flowers and post them up next update.

Take it easy all and may the green gods keep everyone bountiful.

BB

• Like 6

@Bucketboi

You've taken that plant at peak mate, perfectly done and a cracking diary you've got going on in here ;)  Will be following along for the rest of the show as these look great fair play, you are meticulous about your work and the dividends are certainly coming, shown the genetics in an excellent light too :v:  (I don't come to the DP board much, but I will be more often I reckon as In the past I always rated their gear ;) besides, I promised Tony a diary a bloody good while ago and I'll honour it too..actually, :g: I might just get some beans and run a couple with the SS new kushes I'm planning to do for the crimbo run come to think about it )

Excellent growing bud :smokin:

• Like 2

@ botanics

thanks for the comments. Appreciate them.

Its funny hey. This is my first ever plant grow diary so I did a bit  of reading around her and then jumped in.My original plan was to absorb as much information as I could and then be on my way.

After about a week of poking around here, I knew I would be staying so hence thought I would put up a diary and sort of wing it.

Then stumbled upon your work and immediately thought I need to up my game and become a lot more informative with what I was doing. 

So cudos to your and and your input around here as everyone/thing has nothing but good things about you.

cheers

BB

Have pinched your idea about using wire to help seedlings not flop over. Already used it on some other bits have going

• Like 1

lovely growing, the close up on the buds looks great and most importantly you will have filled a few jars and saved yourself some cash now and in the future too.  Enjoy the buds when the time comes ;-)

• Like 1

Great diary BB. Very informative. I did buy some glueberrys in the end and I have four sprouted and vegging. I know what to expect now, so thanks :)

• Like 2

On 26/05/2017 at 11:43 PM, Geordiejames420 said:

Can't wait to run some of this later on in the year :yep: lovely looking plants mate

@Geordiejames420

All I can say is that despite my best attempts to stress these two fine ladies, the genetics are tip top!

Have taken clones and still have a few beans left, so will be running these again and do a side by side comparison ( a few fuckups vs hopefully less fuckups)

On 30/05/2017 at 9:13 PM, DutchPassionTony said:

lovely growing, the close up on the buds looks great and most importantly you will have filled a few jars and saved yourself some cash now and in the future too.  Enjoy the buds when the time comes ;-)

@DutchPassionTony.    Thanks Tony. The strain is def on the heavier side of yield and she has pungent fruity smell when she is ground up. There will be an update coming with all the relevant tidbits about me surrendering to temptation and having a good old fashion ho down with her.

On 30/05/2017 at 9:54 PM, bearukc said:

Great diary BB. Very informative. I did buy some glueberrys in the end and I have four sprouted and vegging. I know what to expect now, so thanks :)

@bearukc Cheers mate. You won't regret having a play with the ladies as I am going another round in this thread. I would like to see her pushed with some more nutrients and a bit more tlc, less heat/humidity and see how how they go. You know get to know the nuts and bolts of what they like.

If you put something up,I'll def be keen to have a look at how you go. Be good to have some other inputs into fine tuning these girls.

• Like 1

On 04/06/2017 at 6:08 AM, styer556 said:

Looking lovely @Bucketboi have some Auto Glueberry OG that i am going to try soon :thumsup:

Yea nice one. I am very interested in seeing how the auto version goes

On 04/06/2017 at 6:08 AM, styer556 said:

Looking lovely @Bucketboi have some Auto Glueberry OG that i am going to try soon :thumsup:

Yea nice one. I am very interested in seeing how the auto version goes

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hi diddly did did dibble,

I'll cue up the dukes  of hazard on my 1210 and drop it.

I have once again, had to strip down and relocate my hobby under the cover of night. 

So I will apologise for my lack of updates lately.

So, the clone of number 1 is getting bigger and I did top it about a week og. Number 2 seems to be fairly dormant.I will pop the remaining 3 three seeds if the clone of number 2 does not make it.

Thats it for now but will post up the pics of the clone and do a smoke report.

• Like 1

Hi @Bucketboi  congrats on a very nice lookin  grow and diary. I hope your relocation of the grow is set up and running sweet as ever

Great pics and lovely big plants well budded.

I've been trying out the Glueberry  cos I love the Blueberry and Im interested in the Gorilla Glue strains.

These 2 Glubies are at 5 weeks flower and well budded compared to other strains at similar maturity. 10l coco, Canna a + b handwatered, led/hps mix.

Have been feeding 2mils per litre in mixed grow but they would maybe like more feed than the Blueberry s. 

Smells sweet and grapefruity . This should be a good yielding strain .

The plants have grown very well, bushy and vigourous bigger than medium +/-

It looks the the kind of plant I would like to get to know. Hoping for some magic

large.1498639330212.jpg

large.1498639329680.jpg                      large.1498639329945.jpg

Hope you dont mind me crashin in. I was going to post this on a new thread but this diary looks like a good place to be for anyone interested

in this strain

Ive got 3 weeks to go on this. Sure Im not the only one lookin forward to hearing your smoke report. Ive also got some cuts ready to

go if I decide to grow it again. Its likely getting annother run based on great buddage so far.

Good wishes

Hello there fellow earthlings.

Its been a long time promised so without any further preamble;

large.IMG_2522.JPGlarge.IMG_2532.JPGlarge.IMG_2530.JPGlarge.IMG_2527.JPG

Picture 01 

A bit of a comparison shot between the two plants. Number 01 is on the left and number 02 is on the right.

Both plants ended up producing similar structured buds with similar yields(apologies but did not do a weigh) with the main difference being number 02 was a little more acid than citrus in smell with number 01 more citrus than acid.

Pic 02

GlueberryOG 01 

Pic 03

Glueberry OG 02

Pic 04

Whats left after me and my mates have had a good hard testing regime.

ok to the smoke report

I'll do number 02 report in this reply and the other tomorrow.  

I find this one to be my favourite of the two. It has a more acidic aftertaste which upon exhale, quickly fills the lungs. The effect is that after ripping a bong,  it makes me get up and walk away. Off on a mission to do whatever that has popped into my recently vacated head space.

Its a good nighttime smoke when you want to sit down and unwind. The only problem is that with all strains, it takes a few cones so it takes me ages to get to the required number. A dam conundrum

The only drama is the clone I took of this plant is not doing so good and am unsure if it's going to make it. .The number 01 cutting is well powering along.Ill probably pop the remaining 3 seeds and grow the cutting/s as well in a more organic style. I'll keep it all posted in here as I am a big fan of this strain. I have not treated it as well as it deserved so can't wait to see how it goes next round

@autodog

No worries at all mate. Some tasty looking buds in those pics

so I'll post up the next report in the next day or two.

Take it easy all and hopefully your travels on this spinning rock, treat you well.

BB

• Like 3

Enjoy the meds Boi and @autodog and nice looking buds at the end.  Growing her the second time around will let you get the conditions and nutrients nearer the sweet spot, so I hope the results only get better.  

• Like 1