Inspirations Offering - Jack47(fv), Sweet Cheese(fv), Sweet Skunk(fv)

Inspiration101

11 hours ago, Fragg said:

Great updates and videos too, looks like a helluva lot of work from where I'm sitting. :yep:

Top job dude hope you do well from all your efforts :)

Thanks, in the beginning I spent a handful of evenings working out how to create a timeless using free software, now I have it down to 10 minutes from camera to created and uploaded.  I spend most of the time deleting the 12h of darkness lol

I have just changed the camera settings to a higher quality and also black n white as the red bulbs give off a bit too much red for my liking so let's see what next week brings ! ;)

9 hours ago, botanics said:

Oh man these are looking good now, you're gonna be playing baseball with these and those timelapse I love em dude, the tune and the plants with their leaves just all waving up and down, it's cool bud and I find strange how all the plants do it in synchronicity with each other given the variations in genetics:v:

Yea the buds are really starting to take big round shape. It is wicked the way they all move together, it's all in how well watered they are - plus the light ;)

17 minutes ago, rabthegrower said:

Looking sweet mate, your going to have some massive colas to play with lol Your just going to make the finishing time, you worked that out well bro ;) Hope you get a prize for your videos mate, they have been most enjoyable :) all the best

Yea the timing is pretty immaculate, well it will be if they are finished on time haha.  I have seen a couple of other movies in the competition thread which are really good so I don't hold my hopes high for a prize win - But I will make a final movie, from seed to chop, on the 19th or 20th May from scratch using all my original photos - So I can end it with a new fresh movie :)

It looks like Sweet Cheese 1 is a keeper so I feel I have already won by finding (hopefully subject to flavour) a vigorous fast flowering mother of my favourite breed/flavour.

Edited by Inspiration101
  • Like 6

Congrats on the nomination this month my friend, great work in each page of this diary ;)

Best of luck my friend!

jaypp

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Sweet Seeds -Jaypp said:

Congrats on the nomination this month my friend, great work in each page of this diary ;)

Best of luck my friend!

jaypp

Thanks, just seen, shall see if I can up my game by the end of the month ! :)

• Like 4

Love your videos (and ladies ofc), I do the same but they are pretty bad in comparison, mostly due to white balance issues. I find it an awesome way to monitor plant health, you learn how they behave each day, their ups and downs, what they do after watering and can help isolate the temp limits they are comfy with. You notice when something is off.

Keep up the good work. :D

• Like 3

Love your videos and can't wait for the final ones they will be spectacular:) 

Congratulations on a very well deserved nominations 

• Like 4

Hey'sup @Inspiration101

Sorry if i missed it already but can i ask how you go about taking/rooting your clones?

I have this bad juju on my shoulders it seems when taking cuts of late lol

Yours look to have taken well and look at them gals in bud!

Cracking specimens your hands have conjured up man :yep:

Congrat's on the nom this month too

Peace:hippy:

1 hour ago, mygreenmojo said:

Hey'sup @Inspiration101

Sorry if i missed it already but can i ask how you go about taking/rooting your clones?

I have this bad juju on my shoulders it seems when taking cuts of late lol

Yours look to have taken well and look at them gals in bud!

Cracking specimens your hands have conjured up man :yep:

Congrat's on the nom this month too

Peace:hippy:

Hiya, sure thing, let me share, this is what I do : 

I spray the cuttings with Root It! 

Transplant into a Root Riot

I cut around the plastic to separate them into batches of 2 as I took 2 cuttings from each mother and didn't want to mix them up.  Funnily enough this 2 x 1 fit well into what will be their first pot.

The first pot, with the cuttings in Root Riot's is then covered with a pukka plastic freezer bag

The seal on the bags allows me to loosely fasten it around the pot so I have my el-cheapo propagator which allows for some open space to ensure not too much humidity.  My project room humidity is bouncing between 40-65.

I use a 5 mil pipette to water the cuttings every 2 or 3 days, have to make sure the Root Riot stays moist, I also take the opportunity to spray them with Root It! A damn good damping of it, and make sure the Root Riot gets to soak up some of that lovely gel like liquid too.

The cuttings have been kept under 125w CFL, overshadowed by the Sweet Trainwreck Auto (which got the chop 3 days ago haha, should mention this is all taking place in the 40 x 40 x 140 tent) so they were a good 24 inches away from the CFL for these first 14 days.

Last night I potted them up and things go well, I let them sleep for 4 hours and now the plan is for them to stay 24/7, only ever getting a sleep for 4h when I water them.  Having just taken a peek at them (no photos until I can get the camera out of the flower tent but they sleep until 8pm) I can see all 6 cuttings have shown movement towards the 125w CFL which is now only 6 inches away.

Temperatures throughout have been good, 19-28 due 125w CFL heat, and 800w heat from flower tent not fully exhausted out of the project room as can only have the big window open so much.

That sums it up in as much as a nutshell as I can make it.  I shall be posting a photo of the 6 happy clones during my update, most likely this evening.  If I missed something - Let me know ;)

Edited by Inspiration101
  • Like 2

17 hours ago, m99 said:

Your doing a fine job in here mate I was certain your name would be up for nom keep it up bro :yep: 

Thanks, I wasn't ;)  Will plug away at my project :D

16 hours ago, Fragg said:

Good to see your hard work recognised this month mate, a well deserved nomination! :)

Best of luck I agree with @m99 :lucky:

Thanks a lot, shall double up on the work as being nominated can motivate you like that ! ;)

11 hours ago, SelfHealer said:

Love your videos (and ladies ofc), I do the same but they are pretty bad in comparison, mostly due to white balance issues. I find it an awesome way to monitor plant health, you learn how they behave each day, their ups and downs, what they do after watering and can help isolate the temp limits they are comfy with. You notice when something is off.

Keep up the good work. :D

Yep, totally there with you.  The timelapse really does show those growth spurts, there is definitely a way there to identify the goldilocks zone for environment.  The white balance issue is a right pain, I purchased a stack of colour filters for my camera but have not tried them out (had 2 weeks now), will pull them out tonight and see what things look like with a filter on it, may post a few pictures up if they look ok.  Cost £20 off amazon for 5 or 6 different colours.

A friend told me that we can adjust the colour balance and all sorts using photoshop so I had a little go with the software that came with this Nikon D3300 and you really can manipulate the image to get a better result.

10 hours ago, Highburyway said:

Love your videos and can't wait for the final ones they will be spectacular:) 

Congratulations on a very well deserved nominations 

Thanks a lot, am looking forwards to seeing the very final complete seed2chop timelapse.  Due to being nominated in this months competition I am going to put in a little extra effort and next week will be a Week 1 - Week 14, leaving just two weeks until chop day, this is timetabled due to boosting to the sun for a holiday ;)

52 minutes ago, Arthur Mix said:

They are all filling out well, nice healthy looking clones...:oldtoker:

Thanks, yea it worked out well, am so glad the Sweet Cheese ones came through first, vigorous things :)

Edited by Inspiration101
  • Like 4

Weekly update, going to break this into two posts, this one with a stack of photos, the next with the timelapse.

The week has gone really well, all of the ladies are continuing to fatten up, they are certainly on schedule for the chop in three weeks time.  I have had to place additional bamboo poles in the pots to help keep the branches up - Those buds are getting heavy !

Sweet Cheese 1 & Jack47 3 have shown to be the bigger performers in terms of larger buds grown faster than the rest, am overjoyed I have two clones from the cheese but gutted I did not identify Jack47 3 as a winning specimen.

Watering has just continued as 5mil Fishmix, 5mil Biobizz Bloom, 2mil Canna Trace.  Keeping it simple certainly seems to be doing the trick as you can see below : 

Sweet Cheese 1

large.58fbb53d740f7_SweetCheese1.JPG.545

A closer look at her top : 

large.58fbbb685472d_SweetCheese1top.JPG.

Here is Sweet Cheese 2, doing fantastic also, really cooking now as we near the final 3 weeks :

large.58fbb55bf0df6_SweetCheese2.JPG

And some bud shots of Sweet Cheese 2 : 

large.58fbb5521b0a9_SweetCheese2buds.JPGlarge.58fbb5487429f_SweetCheese2bud.JPG

Moving on to Sweek Skunk 1, these I think may end up being the latest of all plants to finish : 

large.58fbb56fd2cb1_SweetSkunk1.JPG

Sweet Skunk 1 top : 

large.58fbb565debd4_SweetSkunk1topbud.JPG

Here is Sweet Skunk 2, she is not shabby either, really piling on those flowers and frosting : 

large.58fbb579a3fe6_SweetSkunk2(2).JPG

Here is Jack47 1 She is heavily loaded with more branches of buds than any of the others, hurray for having two good clones of her : 

large.58fbb4f90caf7_Jack471.JPG

Here is Jack47 2 she is very white : 

large.58fbb50c270c7_Jack472.JPG

And a closer look : 

large.58fbb50274ca0_Jack472anotherbud.JPG

And the final plant in the tent, Jack47 3 - She really is doing so well it is unfortunate I have no cuttings from her, never mind, she looks great : 

large.58fbb4f90caf7_Jack471.JPG

And two more shots of other buds, they are pretty monstrous :

large.58fbb515c04c5_Jack473bigbuds.JPGlarge.58fbb5205f7f1_Jack473bud.JPGlarge.58fbb52a507fa_Jack473.JPG

And there we have it, all the ladies in the tent showing magnificent progress this past week.

Here is their group shot : 

large.58fbb4eed977b_GroupShotWeek13.JPG

Finally, here is a shot of the successfully rooted clones in their first pots : 

large.Clones.JPG.425a291a3e8e411ac313774

Been at this for 2h straight, taking a break before doing the time lapse movie for the week.  If I dont make it back tonight then it's a job for tomorrow morning ;)

• Like 6

sorry im late ..best of luck with this months competition nomination chap ..and some lovely lovely pics and plants in there ..

• Like 1