PS4 or XBONE (or even PC)?

botanics

PS4 or XBONE ?  

63 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

The way I look at it, I'm on the PC most of the day. It holds my music library, my photos, my films, docs etc. No reason not to add games to it. I like the fact that it's an entertainment unit all rolled into one in one.

An Xbox or PS2 would just add unnecessary 'home-ware' which I generally like to keep to a minimum.

Edited by Twisted Rizla

PS4 from me :D

Wont get much out of that pool lol

You pay ps4, games and 50euros a year for membership, could get one decent PC for that cash but if you are into consoles and like to play with a controller go for it.

Have few mates that just cant get their had around using a controller instead of keypad lol

They added few cool features , you can use youtube over it and internet browser.

I've got both and I never play on my Xbone nowadays. The Xbone exclusive titles don't interest me, and for the same game on both systems, the PS4 version invariably looks and runs better. The only thing I'd say the Xbone is better for, at least recently, is the free monthly games you get if you subscribe to Xbox Live gold (they have been much better than the ones you get with PS plus for the last few months). I've also seen folks saying that online gaming on Xbox Live is better than on PS plus, but I've not had any problems with PS plus (though I don't play games like Battlefield etc, I just play Elder Scrolls Online and PES 2017).

Alright Booj, long time no speak. EA Access is also a great XBox One feature - pay EA £20 for the year and get to play slightly aged games eg Fifa 16, UFC 2, Rory McDonald Golf, Mass Effect 3 and loads of other good ones. I haven't bought Fifa 17 as I'm waiting for it to get released on there. You also get to try out games before they're even released.

my two penneth - if you can afford a good gaming rig, go PC. I miss PC gaming, Xbox One just isn't quite as good, but it is damned good as a second choice after PC

Edited by Church

Aye we've all come a fair way from playing The Hobbit on the spectrum lol I've just spent an challenging couple of hours in Skyrim

fighting through dungeons of Draugr and running away from frost Trolls, my archer/mage/thief character is coming along nicely,

even after playing it for years Draugr death lords and Dragon priests still have the ability to make me panic and fumble the controls lol

if I had the option I would go for PC, just for the Skyrim mods alone, some of them are fantastic looking, with the extra followers mod

you could have quite the little army of mages and warriors,

top tip for sneak based character armour is when you start the dark brotherhood quest kill Astrid and rob her gear, complete set of shrouded armour and the blade of woe, you then start the destroy the dark brotherhood quest after reporting Astrids death to an imperial officer, he gives you the password to a sanctuary you go in kill all the assassins and loot the place.

Edited by Hughie Green
  • Like 2

the easiest option is a console for cost but if you want top eye candy & rapid reactions then its got to be a good pc,

my current set up is 3 or 4 yrs old but still does the damage as I only run things on high or ultra @1920x1080.

z77 gigabyte motherboard, i5 3570k, 16gb ram,asus hd7970 directcu ii gfx card, 620 enermax psu,

24" BenQ monitor,128 & 500gb ssd's + a couple of terrabytes of storage.

post-36349-0-64914200-1337090129_thumb.jpg - post-36349-0-87438200-1337716769_thumb.jpg

• Like 4

I've got a PC with over 300 games in my Steam library, and I haven't played on it once since I got my PS4 Pro lol

The exclusive games on the ps4 are great, plus the games are perfectly optimised, unlike PC games where you constantly have to mess around with graphic settings, editing config files and all that bollocks just to get the damn game to work...console games just work straight out the box. Plus I didn't want an ugly desktop in my living room anymore.

• Like 2

PS4 gets my vote - use for everything from streaming films, games, spotify and run it through amp. Like the idea of Pc but don't have the knowledge or patience to build one. I know PS4 pro has come out but Sony tend to keep their consoles out for years before a new system comes out so unlikely that if bought a ps4 it would be outdated to soon. Plus with all the Xmas deals out there you get a good bundle.

Just my 2p.

@@Hughie Green

Get the old archery skills maxed out mate, you never have to worry about those mo fo's ever again, just dance and pin em ;)

Aye, looking at the poll the XBONE is coming in last here :g: A PC rig would be nice, perhaps I could put one together over the course of the year, suppose doesn't have to be all at once after all.,

I'm bored with my 360 now though so fuck it, I'll have a console first (just don't tell the missus like, she wants a ring you know lol ) now some research on title realeases and dev exclusivity comparison

• Like 1

I've been a gamer since the advent of Pong, was hooked on arcade games like Space Invaders, Asteroids and Galaxians when they came out and have been into gaming ever since. I was also an early adopter of online gaming with Quake and then Quake II,Q3 and even Q4 before switching to Quakelive. I helped start a clan that became the top Q2 in the Uk for its day and organized many LANs both in England and also over in Belfast, we took over a rather posh hotel in Chester one time with about 80 of us and our crates of booze, tins of Pringles and Ozs of weed stashed away :)

My nick on this site kinda gives away my FPS roots ;)

Consoles are great for the non techie folks and they simply work outta the box but if you are serious about gaming then it's PC all the way, better control with a kb and mouse plus better hardware under the hood that can easily be upgraded :)

• Like 3

Ah man I miss LAN parties :down: Soo much nerdy fun, dont seem to hear of them these days, I suppose not many games support LAN play anymore, shame.

We used to play mostly Quake 3/CPM and Half-Life 1.5/AG and CS 1.5,.

I was a beast at tau/rocket jumping and bunnyhopping :headbang:

• Like 3

I don't really play games these days but the ones I still tend to like seem to be best played with a keyboard and mouse. For example, I know you can play Skyrim with a controller but it is easier to control with a keyboard and mouse imo. Also Fallout 4 and all those type of games are just more controllable for me with a keyboard and mouse. So, that's a factor for me and might be for others too.

• Like 2

I played a star wars game on the PC, was an absolute nightmare working the mouse and keyboard during a light sabre battle, you needed giant hands and the dexterity and reach of a concert pianist to reach loads of keys.

• Like 1

Ah man I miss LAN parties :down: Soo much nerdy fun,

Starcraft was the game of choice for us... nothing like having a mate glaring at you for a couple of hours because you overran his base 10 minutes in and fucked him out of the game lol

• Like 2

Xbox One and PS4 are essentially the same powered machines. A few specifications are slightly different, but its not enough for most people to notice any real difference. The XBox One S/PS4 Pro are no real improvement either. Just a way for the console makers to rip off pixel counting customers.

The next console improvement will be the Xbox Scorpio, most likely releasing in time for Christmas 2017. Whilst that's an improvement in terms of consoles, its really only a good gaming pc from a few years ago. True 4K gaming for consoles is years off, maybe closer to a decade. :wassnnme:

Get whichever console most of your friends have, as online play can be quite fun. Then being able to lend each other games comes in handy.

The main difference between PS4 and Xbox is the exclusive titles. If you would prefer to play Uncharted, get PS4, if you would rather play Halo, get Xbox.

• Like 2

I've been trying to make this decision as well and have decided on PC. Deciding factor was the price of the games in the long run