PS4 or XBONE (or even PC)?

botanics

PS4 or XBONE ?  

63 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

It's not only that, but most console "exclusive" titles end up on PC anyway not to mention the whole modding community around games, I feel sorry for anyone who has only played the eldar scroll games on consoles.

Bloody good point this man, yeah I've seen some of the mods on youtube and the difference between my 360 Skyrim and what I saw on there was massive and just love the scope of being able to extend the game into realms that go way beyond the console option (the limitation of hardware and running off a disc after seeing the mods was evident)

@@botanics you could always try the PNY Tesla 16GB.... They're only £5000... :shutup:

Yeah, that'll teach the missus to say she'd stump up some dough eh mate lol

• Like 1

I just voted , mine went to PS4 due to the fact that the VR looked good.. and sony make all sorts of stuff , tv's, phones , camera's .

both consoles die too easily. and both have done since the ps2 and xbox360 era. ps1 stopped reading discs after a few years.. it must be the heat of all that hardware crammed into a little box. my graphics card fans don't start running unless it gets to 60deg C , and the CPU is watercooled , something that I was really surprised that both companies didn't use. I think my first question regarding ps4 and xbone was .. " is it watercooled? "

• Like 1

@@botanics

Hi mate

I've cheekily added a PC option to your poll. I thought future visitors might like to see how the PC stacks up against the other two.

Really hope you don't mind. Happy to change it if you're not happy. :)

Edited by Twisted Rizla
  • Like 2

@@bongskag

Yeah, I remember with the 'red ring of death' on the 360's and microsoft extending warranties and such, always had the fear about it with mine as my first was one of the earlier ones, never had it though, did buy an extra fan gizmo that went on it whether that helped I don't know, machine eventually died and I bought a cheap one then and still using it after 8 years...it's been in bits though man and the disc drive is noisy because it wasn't reading discs, opened it up, adjusted the laser and sorted like, but you raise a good point with regards to slimline versions.

@@Twisted Rizla

Yeah man that's a good edit there and I'm glad you've done it tbh as I was thinking after comments about the PC option that it should have been in the poll like so thanks mate for changing it :yep:

Edited by botanics
  • Like 1

Nothing wrong with the odd car disappearing through a wall into the matrix.... lol

it goes way beyond the odd car disappearing through a wall lol

some of it is quite entertaining but some of it gets you banned through no real fault of your own lol

• Like 1

I bought Battlefield 1 on PS4 nearly a week ago and still haven't even opened the box yet to play it. The internet and laptop literally dictates my life these days, not the PS4. I don't know what the fuck I would do with myself without laptop or internet access. Just the thought of such a thing sends shivers down my spine :fear:

If money were no object then I'd have voted PC. But I can't afford to spend a grand and more on a PC that I will then have to spend more on every 6 months to upgrade so I'm stick with console gaming :sadwalk:

• Like 1

@@Boojum

I think PC hardware is pretty much reaching its peak, if you drop a grand on a PC today it'll probably run every game that comes out for the next 5 years before you have to start to think about maybe upgrading something to run a new release. Just my 2p.

• Like 4

i have gone down the pc route what with xbox planning to bring a new console out next year thats more based on upgrading the parts than replacing the whole console each time i wouldnt imagine this to be cheep and on the plus side i dont have to pay to play online saving me £40 a year on gold which i can put towards a new gpu when the old one needs updating you can grab pre biult one but its much more fun building your own and its easy as hell putting it all together and the best bit when parts go out of date you can always upgrade to your budget tbh since i have put together my gaming rig ive not even turned on the one my thoughts on the play station the ps2 was about as good at it will ever get i think its time for sony to give up the game and work more on there phiones ect

• Like 1

PC, I usually upgrade mine every 5 years and I don't go for the latest hardware either, I built a decent one a few years back and spent just over a grand, I doubt it'll need much upgrading in another 3 tbh.

• Like 1

@@Boojum

I think PC hardware is pretty much reaching its peak, if you drop a grand on a PC today it'll probably run every game that comes out for the next 5 years before you have to start to think about maybe upgrading something to run a new release. Just my 2p.

Yea I think that's true. Also you can build a PC that is equivalent to a PS4/Xbone for about £400-£500 and the only thing you would ever really need to upgrade for games is the GPU in a couple of years, not the whole PC.

• Like 2

I started on pc's like most of us, Dune II, Day of the Tentacles era myself but I bailed because I was spending too much modding and updating the kit, went apple for work and they are not gaming machines but keep their value more than any other kit, unlike my piles of discarded upgrades when I was playing PC

• Like 1

You could build a PC that will run the latest games with as good looking graphics as (if not better than) the PS4/XBONE easily for around £400 if you go for a decent second hand processor.

My last PC cost about that and lasted me 6 years, the only thing I upgraded in that time was the graphics card which I got second hand from ebay for less than £50 and that was only because my old card didn't support DX10. Of course you have to turn the graphics down a bit as time goes on because PC games are always on the forefront of gaming graphics.

My current PC I put together 18 months or so ago is really just an upgrade of that PC, I got a powerful second hand i5 (using the same motherboard socket) from fleabay for like £90, a decent mid priced graphics card for £130 and a 128gb SSD for £45, scavenged all the other parts (MB, RAM, PSU, Case old HDD etc) from the old one, so for £265 am back being able to play all the latest games again in most cases at maximum or very high settings.

Also games tend to be cheaper on the PC, or free if you :pirate:, which is obviously soo easy on PC (if I'm honest I probably pay for 1 in 5 games lol). So cost of the hardware is offset fairly quickly imo.

Plus a world of mods and customization with a PC.

• Like 3