PS4 or XBONE (or even PC)?

botanics

PS4 or XBONE ?  

63 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

both my lads have Ps4's, the eldest is on his 3rd in as many years

the first one stopped reading discs just before the guarantee ran out, Sony told him to return it for repair, two days after it was collected it was returned back to him, or rather a PS4 was returned but it wasn't the same unit he had sent, it was a bloody refurbished one that lasted two just months

now the 3rd one he bought to replace it is just out of guarantee and giving disk read errors

the ps4 controllers are crap too

Edited by Joolz
  • Like 1

if you have a new telly I'd go with the PS pro... it's on my Chrimbo list but santa has ignored me for the last 35 years so not holding my breath

• Like 4

@@lukio just what I've read and been told by PS4 owning friends.....Xbox live is better for online gaming.

As for exclusives there's only bloodbourne that I'm gutted about not being able to play as I'm a big fan of the dark souls series

Edited by Cainedbutable
  • Like 1

Leave the peasants and join the master race :badass: ..

At first I didn't get this until Golden Syrup's post and it has crossed my mind mate, especially because of watching Elite Dangerous clips on youtube I must add (just really appeals to me the concept and game ) ;)

Aren't both playstation and xbox bringing out new consoles very shortly? Might be better waiting for them mate

I didn't know this man, hmm now this does throw a spanner in the works...that's the trouble see, when I first bought xbox crystal (after swapping from PS2 because the games that were being released just appealed to me more) it was superseeded by the 360 then and well, you know how it goes with new releases and such.

xbox one, but the new one is white so i wont be getting one of those lol

When I was looking earlier online after doing a duck go search for deals Joolz, I noticed the white but that was for S (which from what I've read is a slimline version , but there were colour options on the search filters :unsure: ..perhaps there's skins available ?

I am very confused did I post somthing wrong @ botanics??

:ermm: don't know mate, did you ?

I've got both and I never play on my Xbone nowadays. The Xbone exclusive titles don't interest me, and for the same game on both systems, the PS4 version invariably looks and runs better. The only thing I'd say the Xbone is better for, at least recently, is the free monthly games you get if you subscribe to Xbox Live gold (they have been much better than the ones you get with PS plus for the last few months). I've also seen folks saying that online gaming on Xbox Live is better than on PS plus, but I've not had any problems with PS plus (though I don't play games like Battlefield etc, I just play Elder Scrolls Online and PES 2017).

Now I know you love your gaming Booj and I'm not big into the FPS and COD brigade as I once was, more about stories games are for me too, something to really get your teeth into....running, gunning and knifing takes second for me too man, some more research on titles I think before I jump just yet methinks.

Thanks everybody for the input, it's helped me already and the old inner voice here is saying that it should be the PC route really,,,but costs, building it, time etc, plug and play is a quick fix really....PC build is definately something to consider though especially if they are going to be bringing new boxes out every five mins :g:

Some more consideration here I think, but was chatting with missus earlier and she knows I've been wanting a new console for ages so said she'd chip in some as crimbo pressy for me which is so generous of her like and I've so wanting to get through Fallout 4, would be great to spend shitmas doing something worthwhile like playing that lol

• Like 4

Has to be a PC, it doesn't cost much to spec one up beyond the performance of either console, and if you really want to use a controller (I don't unless using an emulator) either one will work on a pc.

• Like 1

At first I didn't get this until Golden Syrup's post and it has crossed my mind mate, especially because of watching Elite Dangerous clips on youtube I must add (just really appeals to me the concept and game ) ;)

It's not only that, but most console "exclusive" titles end up on PC anyway not to mention the whole modding community around games, I feel sorry for anyone who has only played the eldar scroll games on consoles.

• Like 4

both my lads have Ps4's, the eldest is on his 3rd in as many years

the first one stopped reading discs just before the guarantee ran out, Sony told him to return it for repair, two days after it was collected it was returned back to him, or rather a PS4 was returned but it wasn't the same unit he had sent, it was a bloody refurbished one that lasted two just months

now the 3rd one he bought to replace it is just out of guarantee and giving disk read errors

the ps4 controllers are crap too

That's f**king disgraceful considering the money they charge.

The disc drive in my PC last years, and I do mean years of abuse playing games, burning discs etc. So there is no excuse for Sony there.

Got to be honest and say I haven't brought myself a console since the PS2 and original Xbox days so I don't pretend to be a pro, but i do know how much they cost as the eldest daughter got a PS3 some xmas's ago, and that is not on.

Would have been breathing fire if I got my daughter one at those prices and it flaked out after a year.

Stick to using my PC.

• Like 2

It's not only that, but most console "exclusive" titles end up on PC anyway not to mention the whole modding community around games, I feel sorry for anyone who has only played the eldar scroll games on consoles.

bloody modders on gtav made it unplayable on the pc lol

• Like 2

@@botanics The PC build isn't too expensive mate, depending on what you want to do with it.

Start by looking at the PC versions of the games you might want to play. They will list a Minimum and Recommended system requirements.

From there you can get an idea of how good a GPU / Graphics Card you need. And dont forget that the PC versions of games have very good graphic detail options, so if you Graphics card cant handle the game in full spec you can dull down the graphics to make the game run like clockwork.

You can also get really good deals on second hand cards mate, you get folks that buy £500 worth of GPU then 2 moths later a new one comes out so they sell it for £160.00.

If you need any real details on it mate you know how to find me. My neck of the woods all this stuff.. :yep:

• Like 1

bloody modders on gtav made it unplayable on the pc lol

Nothing wrong with the odd car disappearing through a wall into the matrix.... lol

• Like 1