GreenVision's Sweet Seeds Competition Diary.

GreenVision

Welcome to the competition mate, iI've really enjoyed your first post. Clean and very instructive ;)

I can imagine this will be another great diary in the comp.

All the best and sweet smokes!

jaypp

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all.. I hope everyone is well and all the folks already growing in the competition are doing great.

Been a bit of a gap here since my last update. I have been building a new grow room in the garage outdoors, and I wanted this crop to be the first crop in the new grow room.

Here's a link to the grow room build in case anyone was interested in the environment etc:

Grow room part one: https://www.uk420.com/boards/index.php?showtopic=376510

Grow room part two: https://www.uk420.com/boards/index.php?showtopic=376512

The plants are really happy in the room too, the temps have been great so far.. :thumsup:

So the 9 Sweet seeds plants have been doing great, they really have. Healthy as I could wish them to be.

I gave them a trim up just before potting them up into 3 litre pots 4 days ago. I am not a huge fan of lolly popping but I have time on my side here so I though why not.

med_gallery_85992_8963_97272.jpg

med_gallery_85992_8963_265177.jpg

Once I was done I mixed up medium. I am using BioBizz Allmix from here out, which I mix with extra perlite at a ratio of 5:1 soil to perlite. I do this to take the inital edge of the Allmix as I do find it hot, and also the drainage improves as does the time it takes for the soil to dry from the drench.

med_gallery_85992_8963_329575.jpg

As you can see from the pot on the left the Original Allmix isn't too far from the new mix with extra perlite on the right. But it really makes a difference IMO.

med_gallery_85992_8963_83558.jpg

The roots of all 9 plants looked really well and healthy. Here's a shot of some Black Jack roots.

med_gallery_85992_8963_134970.jpg

I sneaked in a few hours after the pot up to get some shots in the dark. They look a little upset at this time as they have just been through a fair bit..

med_gallery_85992_8963_375212.jpg

Trimmed and ready to do some serious vegging...

gallery_85992_8963_177080.jpg

The plants are now under a 600 MH and loving life.

After about 10 days I will inspect the roots and see if they are ready to go into their 6 litre pots. I will be back every couple of days now with updates as the busy season is over and things are almost back to normal in my household.. Just need to get the kids back to bloody school now.. lol.

ATB folks.

GV.

• Like 16

all looking spot on @@GreenVision :yep: , im loving your build mate im well jel lol

coys :smokin:

It was a fair graft and and cost a more than I would have liked but it was well worth the effort. :oldtoker:

• Like 1

Wonderful close up photography on those seeds. Nice and clear diary. Easy to follow education about growing in soil. Something which I've never done much of in the past. This diary comp is really instructive in so many different ways. All the best with the rest.

Aaah ffs another clean healthy professional lookin grow you buggers are gonnae make my grow lok even worse than normal lol

Aw the best GV

• Like 1

The ladies are loving their new grow environment. They have exploded with growth this week.

I have just been out and topped all 9 plants. As usual I sprayed the plants with a weak root stim solution just before the chop. They have a lovely color to them these ladies, not to dark. A nice healthy light green.

med_gallery_85992_8963_116398.jpg

gallery_85992_8963_79406.jpg

And just after being topped:

gallery_85992_8963_38429.jpg

And a quick picture of the ladies under the Parabolic in the new groom.

gallery_85992_8963_324920.jpg

So far all 3 strains have been so great to grow I cant actually pick out a particular best on any front. The black Jack is starting to show its difference in genetics, they stand out from the Cream Caramel and the S.A.D. But all 3 strains have been healthy.

As I have already said I chose my 3 strains because I hoped they would grow equally, and the Black Jack having more Sativa in its makeup is starting to get ahead, but not by far enough to be concerned about.

The ladies will be getting potted up on Monday Tuesday into 6 litre pots. I wanted to give them a chance to get over the shock of being topped before being potted up.

Room temps have been good to me in this new grow room, 26C at canopy and 19C at the roots. Its so warm in there I don't need to keep them off the concrete, the drip tray can go straight down.

Will have a bit of a clean up over the weekend and be back at the start of next week with another update on the pot up.

Until then I really do hope everyone is growing well and getting what they want from their plants so far. :oldtoker:

Take it easy everyone.

GV.

• Like 14