GreenVision's Sweet Seeds Competition Diary.

GreenVision

stunning again ..the cream caramel oh man ..just know thats gonna be soo lovely

• Like 2

So its done, the crop is down and dry enough to smoke

It was cut down last week:

large.58f9ae34d87f9_Crop3.jpg.c75b95576a

If you look close enough you can see the CC that I had to chop a piece of mold from, was minimal:

large.58f9ae36240a5_Crop4.jpg.15127a243c

After 9 full days of drying it crumbles up very nicely:

large_CC.jpg.de23cfc4818fb83a65a95eff60b

large.58f9ae3a029b6_Crop1.jpg.1b2dc768b0

In the end I got 860g of dry buds and x amount of fluff. So under a 400 and 600 a nice easy sum comes to 0.86 gpw. Not bad at all for a brand new environment:

large.58f9ae3b5c806_Crop2860g.jpg.4871af

I can say this as of right now, the buds are fantastic in terms of density. The resin goes all the way through as well, I am very impressed with the SAD in particular.

Now they're all dried I can 100% see the Jack in the Black Jack cross. Its light in colour and bubbly in structure, very nice musky / spicy smell.

I will be back with a more detailed smoke report on all 3 strains in a few days. I am going to smoke a strain a day to get a good idea of its smoke.

Hope everyone is well and see ya soon.

GV.

• Like 9

@GreenVision buds look superb mate shame about the bit of mould on the CC and pretty close to a gpw so as you say very impressive for the new place. Class growing as ever from you though mate :oldtoker:

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Badbadger said:

@GreenVision   That's a fair old yield there vision holy moly!

Do you have any plans for your x amount of fluff buddy?

top work mate.

Im a big fan of ye'olde bubble bags mate. I just usually discard everything above 120 and mix the last few bags together. I don't even bother with the trim tbh mate, just all the fluffy stuff straight into the freezer. I have some discobiscuit and scotts OG drying right now, once I chop that up I will bubble has the lot. Last time I wound up with over 8g of bloody prime top shelf hasish. 

I looked like this for a whole week  :mashed:

2 hours ago, Fragg said:

@GreenVision buds look superb mate shame about the bit of mould on the CC and pretty close to a gpw so as you say very impressive for the new place. Class growing as ever from you though mate :oldtoker:

Cheers bud. Yh the CC did well, I just think that because it cola'd up so early it just couldn't hold out. I think by week 3 it already had a fair mass to it, and I waited till week 10 for the Black Jack to catch up, so I just think 6-7 weeks of being a big dense moist bud got the better of it.

I think if I had chopped it at week 8 wouldn't have been a problem. A drawback of multi-strain grow really. Not to worry though. Came through OK. 

Edited by GreenVision
  • Like 5

Looks like quite a nice haul , nice amount of resin on them , now the fun begins , seeing which ones you like the hit and taste of ..Always get confused doing that bit lol :oldtoker:

1 hour ago, Arthur Mix said:

Looks like quite a nice haul , nice amount of resin on them , now the fun begins , seeing which ones you like the hit and taste of ..Always get confused doing that bit lol :oldtoker:

Cheers bud.

Well as of yet I am quite surprised at how heavy hitting the SAD is. I was expecting something on the body, but it has melted me.

• Like 3

:eek: What! Look at all that shwag man, pfft to te lil bit of rot, aint really dented your stash mate, top job in a new room too, commands respect GV, you've done a damn fine job with these bud :yep: 

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...

Just thought I'd come back this morning with a little smoke report on my three strains.

SAD: This is my favourite of the 3 strains I think, its a hard decision to make but if forced this would be the one. Flavour is sweet and sickly with a slight hashy hint for me, very creamy and easy to smoke. The smell is very much a classic "Skunk" smell that really lingers. But the crown in the SAD Jewel is its ability to paralyse you. The SAD is a night time smoke if ever there was one, and I make no attempt to cover up that I like a little couch lock. The Indica in this plant is very dominant, its almost old skool in a way. I was slightly concerned with the SAD when I harvested, I thought it may be slightly mediocre. It isn't... Its a bloody heavy hitting serious piece of Ganja that doesn't get boring what so ever. 

Cream Caramel: Flavour is where this one comes to its own for me. I keep reaching for the Jar, I cant help it as its soo morish. Much like the SAD it has a sweet base but every now and then I get almost a double cream hint, I know how crazy that sounds but I cant help but to describe it as a Dairy taste. I was a HUGE fan of the White Rhino we all loved in the late 90's early 20's, it was another very morish strain and it seems to run through the Cream Caramel. Potency was heavy, possibly even more so than the SAD because it has another level to it. Mind tingler as well as body relaxing. 

Black Jack: This one surprised the shite out of me when I smoked it. I was (as one would expect after the SAD and CC) waiting for something relaxing from the Black Jack, but the first effect was a very nice clear head, one of those that paves the way for a day of music of clearing out the shed that looked like a tip for 3 years... I had two very different phenotypes in the 3 plants, one I know was clearly a Black Domina gene and the other two Jack genes. The B.D plant isn't something I enjoy too much. Its heavy hitting but the flavour is that of a slight savoury and spice variety and I'm personally not a huge fan. But the Jack plants are fantastic.. A well balanced high and nice fresh garden soil flavour, crumbles up very nice as a lovely light green colour. I think there is a few nice plants to be found in Black Jack for those that like the Earthy tasting plants.

As a final note I just wanted to thank Sweet Seeds for giving me these seeds, above and beyond it truly was. Tommy and Jaypp deserve all the praise they get for the effort. Been a tone of fun.

Best of luck to everyone in the finale. 

Take it easy all.

GV.

• Like 4

@GreenVision really class grow mate and the report at the end summed the strains up superbly. :yep: All my choices had SAD parentage for this comp and I ended up running some Cream Caramel by accident anyway so was interested in that...she sounds superb! :smokin: Black Jack I have curing but have tried some and mine isnt as strong on the jack side of things certainly not as much as the Jack 47 I grew anyway, very tasty and powerful though just more body stone ;)

• Like 1