GreenVision's Sweet Seeds Competition Diary.

GreenVision

Hi all. :thumsup: .

So its time for me to get this Diary underway and I have already been busy working up the magic for the last week. Firstly I have to thank Sweet Seeds for such generosity, and also @@Sweet Seeds-tommy and @@Sweet Seeds -Jaypp for taking the time to run the comp and read all the diaries.

My chosen seeds are very much me, a fan of the Indica's. I went for Black Jack, Sweet Afghani Delicious S1 & Cream Caramel, all in Photoperiod.

gallery_85992_8963_289266.jpg

I wanted to go photoperiod to give me the chance to take a little time and train the crop, plus the strains all being in the 9 week flowering bracket I hope to have a very equal flowering period.

I started the grow off as always by soaking my seeds in tepid water water for 6 hours.

gallery_85992_8963_183148.jpg

gallery_85992_8963_134278.jpg

Once in the water they were put into the small propagator an placed just inside my airing cupboard that keeps them at a nice stable 23C.

After 6 hours I remove the seeds to avoid drowning them and was pleasantly surprised to find a few of them had already started to show signs they were ready for action.

gallery_85992_8963_16068.jpg

I always use the kitchen / paper towel method to germinate seeds, I find it always seems to work for me. So the seeds were placed into 3 separate pieces of kitchen towel.

gallery_85992_8963_161775.jpg

And then placed back into the prop for 24 hours.

gallery_85992_8963_4183.jpg

Once again the seeds went into the airing cupboard. Its dark and has a very stable temperature so its perfect for the job at hand.

After 24 hours I took the seeds out to have a check and they had all germinated lovely.

gallery_85992_8963_202606.jpg

So from here I had to work a little magic and the seeds went into their first pots of my favorite soil.

med_gallery_85992_8963_397.jpg

They were then put into their first real home. A D90 under a 2ft 4 tube T5 and left alone there for a further 24 hours. I then got a glimpse of how the germination had gone.

gallery_85992_8963_157124.jpg

All 9 seeds had continued to sprout and broke the surface of the soil completely. A few had even broken their shell.....

gallery_85992_8963_107121.jpggallery_85992_8963_71998.jpg

They were given their first dose of Hesi Root Complex at 25% the stated dosage just to help them through the next few days. And after 4 days of waiting and checking they were all on their way...

gallery_85992_8963_116367.jpg

gallery_85992_8963_42253.jpg

So as of today they are 5 days from breaking the soil and absolutely loving life. They will stay under the T5 in the D90 until ready to leave the nest and take their place as the first plants in my new 3.6m X 2.4m garage build. Very very exciting times in the house of GreenVision.

I would also like to wish everyone the best of luck in this competition, and I sincerely mean that. Going to be lots of fun this one.

Take it easy all and see you there.

ATB.

GV.

• Like 27

Your tent looks clinically clean mate :yep: Some greats snaps & nice strain choice atb with the comp :)

Edited by HEMPFRUIT
  • Like 4

@@GreenVision off to a cracking start mate those babies are looking great and some really class pics in here too. :yep: I like your choices too I've gone for the autos of Black Jack and Cream Caramel and was sorely tempted by the SAD but decided on the Blow Mind as it has SAD parentage anyway :)

Top stuff fella crack on :oldtoker:

• Like 3

Nice one GV, Atb with it man.

E2a: I'm going to have to seriously up my game for these comps.

Edited by tom68
  • Like 3

Great start mate and I love some good quality close photography.Will be ducking into see how your doing.

Wish you all the best with your grow and good luck in the competition as to all entrants.

• Like 4

Cheers mate!

Welcome to the competition :yep:

That's an amazing first post... and the girls also seem to be enjoying it :D

All the best with the diary and sweet smokes!

tommy

• Like 4

Sweet start. Not done any of those 3 breeds so looking forwards to how you get on.

Propagators really rock as you are proving, fast moving seeds !

Are you running them 24/7 at the moment ? Will you give them some darkness when watering ?

• Like 2

@@GreenVision

Nice choices man, good luck with this competition grow GV, all seems dandy so far :lucky:

Cheers bud. Been a little manic at the moment but things are smoothing out now, and some nice heavy Indica's are a more than welcome addition to the jars. I could do with a little RnR in the new year. :oldtoker:

@@Inspiration101 Yes matey, 24 solid at the moment. I will eventually turn that down to 18/6. But for the first week when I do seedlings I don't run extraction, instead I just use the little D90 as a giant propagator, hence all the condensation in one of the pics. Then once they are about a week old I will up the light a bit and work them in by adding a fresh air supply. Got a little baby Rhino Pro standing by ready to go for just the job.

Seems really funny actually, after having the 250mm X 1000mm Mountain Air the diddy rhino pro looks little more than a mini moto air filter.. lol

• Like 2