Will Cannabis Be Legal In The UK Anytime

charliepotatoe

Lots of noise about cannabis, medical marijuana, legalisation, but don’t hold ya breath, talk is cheap.

The day will come when we’ll be able to grow what and where we want, maybe tho, we should play the game their way

and move away from naming strains with tags such as: Psychosis, Psycho Sister, Amnesia, Wreckage, Chronic, Poison.

No chance of acceptance when the term ‘Skunk’ means harmful to young teenage brains.

If, if, if weed is accepted, the likes of us lot will remain outside the Law, as the authorities will want to control everything - strength, taxation, distribution.

We’ll be like the moonshine distillers of old - hidden, incognito and guerilla, same old same old, history repeats, so don’t hang up your boots yet.
Just my 2p.

Mcgarret :smokin:

• Like 7

Yep!

It'll be legalized once the infrastructure is in place for our governing body to monopolize on it.

I had dreams of a little family business but it's a pipe dream I reckon. If it's possible there'll be so much red tape it'll be hard to turn over or even start without massive capitol.

I'm pretty sure I want our government completely rebuilt before we start down the road of legalisation. If not then we have no hope of a reasonable system regardless of public opinion. 

It's all too messy.

Would be nice in a perfect world though eh?

On 24/08/2017 at 3:05 PM, Mcgarret said:

If, if, if weed is accepted, the likes of us lot will remain outside the Law, as the authorities will want to control everything - strength, taxation, distribution.

We’ll be like the moonshine distillers of old - hidden, incognito and guerilla, same old same old, history repeats, so don’t hang up your boots yet.
Just my 2p.

Mcgarret :smokin:

and like the moonshiners of old, fuck em and their law! :yep:

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Theres a new petition to sign/spread around if anyone's interested:

Legalise cannabis for medical and recreational use https://petition.parliament.uk/petitions/200021

Only at 1900 signatures but it's got until March next year. I doubt it will get anywhere with the tories protecting UK/US pharma. The last big one got over 125,000 and got a debate but didn't get anywhere.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

FYI please don't sign that petition I found. I don't agree with cannabis ginetics being controlled and not being allowed to grow your own at home.

Decriminalisation please and let people enjoy their lives in peace.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 10/2/2016 at 2:01 AM, stummer said:

I get where he's coming from, its frustrating the same old question when it looks like the cunts at the top don't give a shit let alone a willingness to change things. Sure that will all change when they've finally decided how to cash in on it. And I doubt growers and people with a passion will last like some seem to think n they'll grow for a living when legal. It'll be run by the big boys like Branson and before you know it normal people who've done it out of love for years will be offered jobs to trim buds for minimum wage lol.

The who gives a fuck is my attitude but its a selfish one. I would be lying if I said my heart didn't sink a bit when I read people being banged up for growing. I would see it as just a waste of time and hate the system even more. Not everyone is in my situation or shares my attitude though and I feel sorry for those who are away from their kids ect. And not to forget those who it could help but they are too worried to risk being arrested over it so in turn don't receive the help they need. Did I mention I hate the system?

Yes I think so....if you were referring to the bunch of out of date victorian ignorant psychopaths using a defunkt unfit political system to lie day in day out for their own financial gain. The whole lot of the lazy bastards need ousting and and get rid of the scrounging bastard Lords as well, oh and the leaching sax- coberg crowd.... I think it will come down to quality in the end whatever happens, I was reading that folks are returning weed bought from medicinal dispensaries in the states because of the pippy fems and rustic autos being banged out for profit...so it's started.

What we should be doing is to follow some models that are successful elsewhere.  Like the Spanish model.  Cannabis is not legal but there's clubs everywhere.  Clubs run as a collective would be a good start to get the ball rolling.  Clubs with all members equally responsible and culpable for its existence.  Yep sorry plod but there's three hundred and seventy members and we are all equally to blame.  Bust the feckin lot of us.  Over grow them f*ckers.  If enough clubs/co operatives sprung up and they themselves were loosely connected then it's getting a little bit hard to find someone responsible as everybody accepts equal responsibility.

So in the case of one club getting busted they had twenty thousand folks putting their hand up and saying "it was me, fair cop".  Support could be lent to any club getting hassle by satellite clubs and members supporting them en mass.

I think plod would be spun right out. I know this is pie in the sky stuff but it's at least leaving those who enjoy cannabis steering the boat as opposed to hanging around and waiting for some hideous compromise.  Just remember that a machine can't make hand made jewellery.  Nor can a controlled supply from licensed corporations satisfy the needs or wants of every cannabis consumer.

In a collective non growers or those not able could request a strain suitable for them grown for as long as they like and processed as necessary. That's never going to happen if corporate cunts take the reigns.

I'd be wary also of using the medical acceptance as a bridge or spearhead for recreational use.  I don't see it working that way really.

It's an idealogical together we stand but divided we fall concept.  I accept that.

The only way to keep the ball in our court is to just start doing it en mass.

Deep in the background five beans will be hitting the dirt in my home today.

F*ck  em.  Keep on keeping on.

The government should be our humble servants, legislating our wants and needs.  Not a pack of sexually deviant, power hungry,  egotistical cunts hell bent on petty self interest, profit and amounting to none other than a dictatorship. 

The fear of punishment keeps us isolated from each other as growers.  We are posting here to remain incognito.

I'm very grateful that we can communicate with each other incognito here on the site.  But as a collective group we have no gravitas as such.

What's the weather like in Uraguay?

Meh. Rant over. No booze and no smoke so a little wound up of late.

• Like 7

were all dirty low down criminals who should on mass hand ourselves in at police stations across the country on a chosen day at a chosen time .

take cameras with and let the press know. start a facebook group for starters. now this is one we all can do no?>

• Like 2

I love that idea @catfish April 20th 4.20 am.!!! If we could all bring a letter, of a similar template something to really twist their heads........

And have a couple of friends and family members prepared to dig their oar in....

Who knows what would happen?

Shit heaps of community service I'd imagine.  Be fun though.

:)

• Like 1

I can't see any main stream political party sticking their necks out to legalise weed, mass civil disobedience is probably be the way forward. 

• Like 1