Will Cannabis Be Legal In The UK Anytime

charliepotatoe

Hey All!

I couldn't find a thread asking this maybe I've been thick if there is one somewhere but just wondering what your opinion is on the UK ever legalising cannabis.

will they ever do it and if so when do you think this is likely to happen ? Share your thoughts?

Personally I believe it will happen within the next 7-10 years ....

It may be legalised/normalised/decriminalised/whatever at some point in the far distant future, it may not.

Ultimately it doesn't really matter as people who wish to consume it will consume it regardless of its legality/illegality, and people will continue to grow it to feed that demand.

Yeah, it's a fucking shame that everyone concerned risks arrest for it at present, but it's hardly stemming the swelling tide.

Just keep on keeping on, ultimately the more folk at it the harder it gets to catch and prosecute any individual. :D

E2A I think 7-10 years is very optimistic. :D

Edited by Guerrillero
  • Like 1

Guest jacks lad

reading my local rag last week, i got to wonder if local areas could start to legalise medicinal cannabis like in the usa.

Legalisation? Not for me, thanks.

Just decriminalise, and be done with it.

Who the fuck wants Government regulated Pot? Not this patient! In any case, how do you legalise a plant?? Are cabbages legal, I wonder? If so, what's the name of the act that legalised them?

There isn't one! Cabbages are just normal part of life.

So, to answer the question: I hope it never will be! Just drop the DDA, and let see what happens.

• Like 9

In the early 90s I wrote a discursive essay on legalisation for standard grade English. I really thought that if people understood the facts then prohibition would end. For a while we moved in the right direction with the move to class B, then after a bit of skunk hysteria even that small bit of progress was reversed.

Now I understand that it is not about facts and logical argument will not overturn these unjust laws. What will change it is money and lobbying, and that is coming.

It will take more than a few states of the US though. But once it is rescheduled by the Feds and growing becomes a legitimate business I think the UK will follow suit after Branson and others start to lobby in earnest.

What is clear from the US example is that legalisation and regulation comes with its own dangers. For example it could be legal to grow if you are in possession of a million pound permit but illegal to grow a few plants as a private individual.

Also if Trump gets in and appoints Christie as attorney general he might roll back the progress that has been made, and then we're back to the dark ages.

I hope things will change in 5 - 10 years, but won't be surprised if I don't see normalisation in my lifetime.

• Like 2

I hope cabbages are leagal mate, if the police boot the door off my fridge I'm fucked!

I've got a red one in my fridge been waiting to be woked with some Chinese 5 spice and a dash of tamari for a week. I better cook that fucker before the plod come!

• Like 3

lol I love the way some peeps here can just rip holes out of the nonsensical argument that is prohibition aye...:v: Fuck the ignorant puppets and the masters that pull their strings and crack on :v:

• Like 3

Millions of patients?

if these so called patients dont have the bollocks to grow there own they cant need it that badly..

i stand by what i said fuck em grow weed,smoke it,and if theres any other stupid laws that stop people doing what they enjoy,(as long as its not evil) :dev: then break em..

my karma is great, im actually advised by my GP to smoke weed. :yes: but ive smoked it just for enjoyment for quite a few years.The amounts i need cannot be purchased under a legalized system as it would cost me to much to buy. decriminalization of homegrowing would make things better, but ill carry on till i die legal or not.