DVLA cut off level for urine test

Purgamentum

Surely you can get the test criteria through a freedom of information request as they are a govt department and the info you want does not contain any dpa data?

• Like 2

No they have a legally duty to but my doctor didn't until the DVLA wrote to him. He then said he had to advise them. It was down to him or me I so he chose to inform them. There were new laws bought in last year and that is how this call came about. It gets even more foggy when you look at people who get sativex as they are allowed to drive but anyone else is viewed as misusing it and is liable for the full force of the law. I spoke to loads of solicitors about it and they basically said I'm fucked and it's not worth pursuing. You also can't get legal aid any more so I would have had to pay about 5k to appeal it. If your doctor knows that your using any illegal drugs then they are duty bound by law to report it. This country is fucked. There must be loads of people in the same circumstance is me. I even contacted clear, United patients alliance etc but not one of them got back to me. I passed my driving test whilst under the influence by their laws and passed first time. I have also been driving for 10 years without any points or accidents and I use to drive as much as 1000 miles a week for work. If it's that bad I would be dead by now. I'll probably have a note on my license now despite not even being caught driving. If i don't pass my test then I'm tempted just to sell my car and go back to smoking. As I won't be able to work. I have my own business but apart from that there is nothing else that I would need my license for really. Trouble is I've also been shafted by the benefits people. I appealed this via a tribunal and won but they still haven't coughed up the money as I think they want to appeal my appeal which could take several months. If i hadn't had my own business to fall back on I would be on the street as we speak

Shit news dude. Good luck with it all.

There is a list of the drugs that you need to chat to your doc about if driving.

Sativex is not there. My thoughts are that it did not make the list because GW lobbyists have convinced the relevant authorities that Sativex is not Cannabis but just 'cannabis based' and therefore does not have the same effects as herbal cannabis. This was needed before it was successfully re-scheduled to schedule 4. Legally divorcing it from herbal cannabis as if it is something other than what it really is. Which is of course a load of bollocks.

Plus to have it on the list would do nothing more but to advertise its existence. Something im sure they are keen to not do.

I know quite a few driving Sativex users and non have ever been questioned about any impairment to their driving abilities.

Yet other drivers can have 1 joint and get proper fucked over.

Not fair really, is it?

Edited by bartman
  • Like 3

@@Degsy

Interesting post but creatine isn't illegal in Europe , it's very widely used

I have been so busy I didnt have time to reply

It was about 5 years ago now and at the time I read that the european version didnt work and you had to get it sent from the USA and I had it in my head it was because creatine was illegal in europe

But I have searched and searched and I just cant find anything to explain how I got it in my head (I have posted the same thing on the boards before!), I was sure it was illegal to sell it in the UK and thats why it was only available from USA

So yeah I have been talking shite for years

:doh:

I just wish it was the first time its happened!

• 3 months later...

you don't have to strip off mate, whoever told you that is talking shite, it's your own registered doctor that takes the sample from you, all he does is send you to a toilet with a sample bottle. the only time you get watched is if your on a dtto and that's nothing to do with the dvla or your doctor, it's the courts that order that if you are offending because of a drug habit.

No one can stand over you in a piss test your free to privacy to do the sample and anyone who tries to stand over you and watch you do the piss test is having you over you have the right to privacy.

TS

the doctors a cunt

next time you have a appointment make complaint afterwards that he touched you up and was sexual inapropate and made advances mud sticks see how he likes

som agro then change your doctor

if your test are all negative say he mixed you up with someone else and you never said you smoke and make a complaint

if you can get any concentrated liquid lsd put some all over his car door lol

• Like 2

Surprised the courts and cops don't grass you to the dvla as well?

Surprised the courts and cops don't grass you to the dvla as well?

iv heard of cases where pigs have

• Like 1

the doctors a cunt

next time you have a appointment make complaint afterwards that he touched you up and was sexual inapropate and made advances mud sticks see how he likes

som agro then change your doctor

if your test are all negative say he mixed you up with someone else and you never said you smoke and make a complaint

if you can get any concentrated liquid lsd put some all over his car door lol

This would obviously be a very bad idea

• Like 2

No one can stand over you in a piss test your free to privacy to do the sample and anyone who tries to stand over you and watch you do the piss test is having you over you have the right to privacy.

TS

that's definitely not true, do you even know what a dtto is?

• 3 years later...

I did a piss test and was accompanied into the men’s toilet but was allowed to enter cubicle on my own whilst the doctor stood outside, and turned on the tap to assist the process. Was nerve wracking for sure

• 2 months later...
On 26/02/2020 at 9:06 PM, panoramical said:

I did a piss test and was accompanied into the men’s toilet but was allowed to enter cubicle on my own whilst the doctor stood outside, and turned on the tap to assist the process. Was nerve wracking for sure

I hope it went well bud. 

I had to pass a test years ago for a job and niacin in larger than usual doses works well for detox. I got clean in 6 weeks maybe. You need to dilute as much as possible too as it does help a little. I got to a point where id pass or be borderline depending on fluids. 

I absolutely send my sympathies to you