DVLA cut off level for urine test

Purgamentum

Hi,

I was a heavy smoker. I recently had my license revoked because my doctor told the dvla that I used cannabis. On this basis they revoked my license saying that I can only reapply after 6 months of abstinence. I have nearly done my 6 months and reapplied for my license. They have sent me a letter saying that I have to take a urine test.

My question is does anyone know what the cut off level/threshold is for the test? Even after nearly 6 months abstinence I'm passing a home test (just) with a faint line on a 25ng test. I'm worried that the threshold will be lower than this and I won't get my license back despite not smoking for 6 months. Does anyone know what the limit is that they will test me on?

Thanks

I'm sure cannabis should be completely gone out your pee in 3 months. I passed a hair test after 4 months. They found tiny amount that was classed as passive. If you fail just tell them one of your friends you visit smokes it alot. Bit harsh having your licence revoked.. I accidently told doctor I smoked it aswel when I was quitting fags, he look at me funny the twat.

E2a he ask me if I wanted to go to drug addiction clinic aswel lol

Edited by nl5

There is no doctor confidentiality anymore pal that was sailed off down yonder a year or so ago your medical notes are no longer private company's can ask to have your records. Welcome to big fookin brother

TS

The whole thing is a joke. It all happened because I renewed my license and they asked about any medical conditions and so wrote to my doctor. I'm so pissed at him because he told them as like you say it's a breach of patient confidentiality. I need to book my test Monday and I'm going to be even more annoyed if I don't pass it despite not smoking. I can't find out what they use as a cut off level any where so I thought it would be worth a shot asking you guys.

Honesty is never the best policy. I wish I had never even notified them that I had changed address as all I would have got is a fine and none of this would have happened.

As I say I'm passing a 25ng urine test with a faint line so I'm worried that if the cut off is less than that I won't pass

The limit used to be zero before they introduced these new drug testing laws. I hope it has increased in line with the new guidelines.

Edited by Bird

There is no doctor confidentiality anymore pal that was sailed off down yonder a year or so ago your medical notes are no longer private company's can ask to have your records. Welcome to big fookin brother

TS

I thought he was an immoral two faced bastard but that just makes him a regular two faced bastard. lol.

• Like 1

So let me get this right , if you tell your doctor you use cannabis for whatever reason then they are free to share this information with the DVLA who can revoke your driving licence ?

• Like 4

There are even comments online about people traveling to places where cannabis is totally legal the DVLA finding out and revoking their license.

the DVLA must give the doctors a cut for each person they squeel on .. you have to pay the DVLA all the admin fee's when you reapply. I swear its a profit making organisation, like the way they auction off the best number plates to the rich twats :wanker:

:shock: Fuuuckk dude! Unbelievable

I'm shocked man, can't help with your situation but hope you get some answers mate and get through this test

I accidently told doctor I smoked it aswel when I was quitting fags, he look at me funny the twat.

I was asked that the other day when I went in for the same reason. I answered No, bloody glad I did now!