DVLA cut off level for urine test

Purgamentum

They dont even actually test you for cannabis like they would for another drug. They test you for a non psychoative by product of it. So it does nothing to you at all and wouldnt impair you in any way. This countries a joke. If you smoke then it's like your sub human and deserve everything you get. If i could afford to live some where else I would.

• Like 2

I'm just thinking aloud here but maybe it would be worth asking a solicitor if there is a breach of confidentiality because that seems inflammatory and discriminatory . Doctors know cannabis can be detected in the body for months after use . No one's proven you've been driving whilst under the influence ,only the presence of the drug in your blood ,which doesn't hold much weight . Then again ,the system's crazy .

I'm sorry to hear :skin_up:

• Like 2

You know what, there comes a time when a man just gotta say 'fuck off' I just can't believe this shit man, this is a piss take of Mammoth proportions and we peeps just bend over and take this crap? :(

• Like 2

If you told the doc you drank alcohol, would he inform the dvla? Cunts :(

My sisters on a high dose of methadone and shit loads of vali's for 10 years they don't revoke her licence..

• Like 3

My sisters on a high dose of methadone and shit loads of vali's for 10 years they don't revoke her licence..

I wonder if you told the doc that you took cocaine recreationally would they report; have they got a duty to report or something, or did this doc do it off his own bat?

• Like 2

I wonder if you told the doc that you took cocaine recreationally would they report; have they got a duty to report or something, or did this doc do it off his own bat?

It's the stigma isn't it ? If you enjoy your illegal drugs you should be kicked in the guts . Quick ,hang him before he harms himself any further .

• Like 3

Duno, if they started punishing recovering drug addicts it'd be in danger push them back underground onto street drugs. Cannabis is the only drug they can detect beyond a few days. It stays in the fat in your body for months..

• Like 2

I still can't get my head around this , does your doctor think you are unfit to drive for some other reason ?

• Like 1

I wonder if this is down to each Doctor's discretion? Mine knows I smoke, but it hasn't caused me any problems as yet (touch wood). It sounds like @@Purgamentum 's Dr is a bit of twat. If it was me, I would be thinking about changing surgeries a.s.a.p.

• Like 2

No they have a legally duty to but my doctor didn't until the DVLA wrote to him. He then said he had to advise them. It was down to him or me I so he chose to inform them. There were new laws bought in last year and that is how this call came about. It gets even more foggy when you look at people who get sativex as they are allowed to drive but anyone else is viewed as misusing it and is liable for the full force of the law. I spoke to loads of solicitors about it and they basically said I'm fucked and it's not worth pursuing. You also can't get legal aid any more so I would have had to pay about 5k to appeal it. If your doctor knows that your using any illegal drugs then they are duty bound by law to report it. This country is fucked. There must be loads of people in the same circumstance is me. I even contacted clear, United patients alliance etc but not one of them got back to me. I passed my driving test whilst under the influence by their laws and passed first time. I have also been driving for 10 years without any points or accidents and I use to drive as much as 1000 miles a week for work. If it's that bad I would be dead by now. I'll probably have a note on my license now despite not even being caught driving. If i don't pass my test then I'm tempted just to sell my car and go back to smoking. As I won't be able to work. I have my own business but apart from that there is nothing else that I would need my license for really. Trouble is I've also been shafted by the benefits people. I appealed this via a tribunal and won but they still haven't coughed up the money as I think they want to appeal my appeal which could take several months. If i hadn't had my own business to fall back on I would be on the street as we speak

• Like 2

Wasn't long ago that it was in the news that DVLA said that GP's have to become more strict about people driving that have medical conditions. Might be a similar case, i wouldn't be surprised.

Edited by indicatoker420

i'm on a meth script (165ml) and i know lots of people who have lost there licence because of it. i didn't know they revoked it because of weed but if it's any CD then there's a chance of losing your licence if your a drug user.

also if you have to go to any addiction services then they report you if your a driver. that's why 99% of drivers park out of site if they are going to appointments to those kind of places.

You have to strip off before they test you otherwise I would. Didn't know that about addiction services. What a stitch up

you don't have to strip off mate, whoever told you that is talking shite, it's your own registered doctor that takes the sample from you, all he does is send you to a toilet with a sample bottle. the only time you get watched is if your on a dtto and that's nothing to do with the dvla or your doctor, it's the courts that order that if you are offending because of a drug habit.

• Like 3