how do you make the shiny dark chocolate coloured hash balls ?

little willie

As Blayz'd said

Mines like this till completely mixed, yummy jelly

gallery_4078_4978_142533.jpg

C

I think the caution displayed in the picture is a good idea. It's not a good idea to put it in your ear lol

• Like 4

I like to add a bit of extra heat to the outside but I hand press.

could you advise temperatures ?

the top hash looks like jamaica ginger cake

mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

thankyou

Edited by little willie

could you advise temperatures ?

thankyou

I use dried/cured plant matter to make my bubble hash, so leave it to dry after collection for around 24/48 hours.

I remove excess water immediately using a drying screen and clean lint free absorbent material to squeeze out the water lightly.

I then chop it very finely using a sharp carving knife and spread it out thinly to dry on plain cardboard sat on a bun tray.

When it's dry I throw it in a thick food bag and squish it hard as I possibly can in my hand repeatedly until it's as dense as I like it and to a shape which is fairly uniform.

I then tighten it so the food bag is stuck hard against all surfaces and roll/press it against the side of my freshly boiled metal kettle briefly on all sides until its all oxidised, good quality will do this immediately ime.

It will also make the whole lump malleable so squish it hard again to properly compress it and leave to cool.

What comes out is in the picture.

Edited by iamafunkimunki
  • Like 2

lol you would not believe how many people liken my hash to ginger cake.

There's a mix in of quality in the picture, the ginger cake is 76uM and by far the best, the others took more heat to get the finish and aren't as good in terms of purity.

To be honest other than I find it keeps longer like that it's largely aesthetics, the hash is the same with or without the level of heat I apply to get the polished finish.

Most good quality will do the same from heat and pressure of the hand alone.

e2a:

med_gallery_15439_7570_306899.jpg

This is dry sieved hash pressed the same way. If you look in my hash gallery there is a series of photo's showing me pressing a small quantity.

Edited by iamafunkimunki
  • Like 3

thankyou!

will try the heat and roll next time.

...my yield is not great so will be long time.

-----

in your guys opinion, of both bubble and drysift, when making "harvest and press" hash > for the "block" what is a good consistency ? hard or soft ? (i have no clue), or can you not generalise ?

thanks!

Edited by little willie

thankyou!

will try the heat and roll next time.

...my yield is not great so will be long time.

-----

in your guys opinion, of both bubble and drysift, when making "harvest and press" hash > for the "block" what is a good consistency ? hard or soft ? (i have no clue), or can you not generalise ?

thanks!

I'm not quite sure what you mean by harvest and press hash so you'll have to elaborate?

Hashies come in all types of form, I've had excellent hard and soft hashes with a variety of colourings and textures, the important thing is the smoke.

I like dry sift as it tends to hold flavour, it can be hard or soft. However its harder imo to make the same quantity of dry sieved at a high quality from a given amount of material as it is using the ice hash method, as the latter makes for easier isolation of plant matter from the final product.

I tend to make a very small quantity of dry sift until I start seeing plant matter coming through the screens, then I bubble hash the remains to get a very good quality hash I couldn't achieve had I continued to dry sieve it. The trade off in most cases is a loss of flavour from the original plant, but it's no bad thing imo.

I could and have previously gone on to oil whats left from the ice hash mixing, but it gets very messy re drying it out and tbh I really don't like oil from solvents.

Edited by iamafunkimunki
  • Like 1

Ginger cake hash... nice.

I think the perfect temp to work hash is hand temp. I'd think it's somewhere between 20-30 degrees. With applied pressure this seems to bind it without cooking it.

As far as oil goes.. I've had my best results without using heat. It takes ages to work without heat but I do it with agitation. Some people say this isn't good but I've managed to create magic with this method. Stirring it with a pin for to create a gold hash out of oil. I guess this is probably to much hassle for most people though.

Here's one I was playing with. This oil had an unusually low viscosity though. It never came out like usual oil. To get it to this point usually heat needs to be applied softly at the start and then you just stir it until it hardens. This kept the smell of the bud too.. but I've never been able to replicate this one.

post-20749-1229434990.jpg

Which turned into this

gallery_20749_1273_43191.jpg

And ended up like this, no heat used. Best stuff I've ever made.. ESB x Holyweed oil.

gallery_20749_1273_37607.jpg

Here's some of my favorite hash and oil threads. Some of the info and photos in these threads are gold.

Grobags hash thread - http://www.uk420.com/boards/index.php?showtopic=88702&page=1

Grobags BHO thread - http://www.uk420.com/boards/index.php?showtopic=68676

Tilts thread - http://www.uk420.com/boards/index.php?showtopic=122715

Happy hash making. ;)

Edited by Blayz'd
  • Like 9

I'm not quite sure what you mean by harvest and press hash so you'll have to elaborate?

thanks!!! you answered all, AND THANKYOU for all the content > (you know how great it is, when you are a noob, and open thread, and then you get "bombarded" (positive) with amazing pictures and iformation from someone who obviously knows what they are talking about !!!) (inspiring and informative)

i was just trying to mean "harvest" ("collection of trichomes by any method (water / screen)") and "press" (forming them into a "shape" thereafter for storage), like general noob terms.... don't even know wtf if supposed to be soft or hard... (thanks)

--------------------------

only available "hash" for me, was "dirtblock" (harder to obtain then skunk), and then some "dirtblock" more recently, that people were calling "lebanese".

bit of a luxury item hash for me, for when feeling decadant, oil etc, seems a bit one step toooo far (?).

looks nice though!!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

This video should help you get the desired hash you are looking for.. he uses bubble hash as his starting material but dry sift would work aswel, it's all about the how good/pure the starting material is to how good your end product is & the strain will also have a big impact in end product so experiment with different strains.. hope this helps

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

thanks for the video!, i am going to try the milk bottle / plastic >

can anybody help me re:

can i break up my old hash "coins" that are not very well pressed (crumbly, mostly) and try and ball them together ? or would that be stupid ?

if it is not stupid, would it be an idea, to mix in fresh trichs as "glue" with them ?, or would the whole of the above, just be making a mess / pointless ?

...going to have pea's at this rate.

thankyou for the video though!

regards,

thanks for the video!, i am going to try the milk bottle / plastic >

can anybody help me re:

can i break up my old hash "coins" that are not very well pressed (crumbly, mostly) and try and ball them together ? or would that be stupid ?

if it is not stupid, would it be an idea, to mix in fresh trichs as "glue" with them ?, or would the whole of the above, just be making a mess / pointless ?

...going to have pea's at this rate.

thankyou for the video though!

regards,

This is a good question... I'm sure the end results is based on strain.. I've seen the guy from the video make a hash ball that has melted into a oil consistancy over time & he said it was the strain & terp profile that made it do that. The guy in the video is a master at hash making & his bubble hash he starts with is very clean, If ur hash is crumbling it more than likely has plants matter in it & is not clean enough to get the required consistency.. if ur trying to clean your hash then maybe look into a rosin press

• Like 1

it's probably dirty, just 120 micron single pass, with credit card, but to be fair, it's probably alot cleaner then genuine skin dirt leaf and what not charas etc (??)

i have some from different strain, that is quite hard (can pick bits off with fingernail, but it's not maleable), but my £2 aluminium "pollen press" does not excert anyway near as much pressure as the guy is doing, mashing the trics together ?

i will have ago next time, thankyou!

i always seem to make it, then save it.... indefinately.

• 6 years later...