how do you make the shiny dark chocolate coloured hash balls ?

little willie

hello,

i am very new to hash > tried making some (only dry sift 120micron single pass), but it either comes out a little green and sticky (eventually set very.hard) or pale and crumbly, that never sets (when broken it is crumbly) (?) (obviously don't really know what doing...)

i only have a cheap-o aluminium cylindrical hash press though, no money for further investments for the time being.

can anybody tells me how to make these things (presuming dry sift ?) like i say i can only seemingly pick between green or pale ? > these look delicious !!!

thanks for any help.

thefugitive cream of crop nov. 2004:

gallery_2_3_84099.jpg

thanks

Edited by little willie
  • Like 1

I do a lot of playing with extracts. If I wanted to make something like that I'd mix dry sift with oil and roll it into a ball between my palms. I might work the oil with a pin beforehand to make it stiffer and less sticky too.

It's probably do-able with dry sift but would need some heating up. Like that method where you wrap dry sift tight and put it in your shoe... so it binds and changes into a block.. then roll it around between your palms ;)

In those photos you can see some heat has been used on the ball they've chopped in half. That looks like dry sift which has been worked in the hands... you can see around the outer edge of the ball which is in half.. where heat has binded it.

Edited by Blayz'd
  • Like 2

That pic is bubblehash which always tends to have a darker colour due to having typically less plant matter than dry sift and so is of a higher purity.

You can get dry sift nice and dark and sticky but need to make it very gently without bashing impurities through the screen. :yep:

• Like 5

Real Moroccan hash looks similar once its sat out for a while. The original hash makers had fuck equipment and the hash was amazing before commercial hash making techniques took over...

You can mix the last 3 grades of your bubble bags and get similar results by hand rolling. But the resulting ball will be lighter in color which I like personally.. The dark hash looks familiar to us and so we like its dark shine, but IMO for the wrong reasons..

Commercial Hash was blonde on the inside but dark on the outside because it's sealed with a blowtorch when the bars are made.

I much prefer the blonde magic that comes from real bubble hash balls.

e2a:

@@KingBlueRizla has this topic http://www.uk420.com/boards/index.php?showtopic=315880&page=7

@@Shogun really knows his extracts too.

Edited by GreenVision
  • Like 3

@@charas that looks juicy bro :yep:

@@little willie the picture u have is bubble hash pressed and rolled a few times ..sometimes I leave my bubble as it comes out of the bag but sum bits once their dry then I'll press and roll it just using the heat from my hands until it's just a round ball like in your pic ..always dark in colour on the outside ranging from walnutty brown to black ..I find the better grade of bubble I use to make the ball the lighter in colour the inside is .

By rolling and pressing like this ur apparently popping and crushing the tricromes giving it a stronger hashier taste ..

• Like 2

@@2bad. Cheers man :bong:

I find it gets a little darker as it ages too,

As 2bad said when pressed some trich's get busted which increases the Hashiness ( not a real word sadly.)

It keeps better unpressed sealed, air tight & cool ime.

C

• Like 3

I like to make hash gently. I find the less work I put in, the better the hash. So don't shake/mix your trim as vigorously or for as long will help.

Also, make sure you have a way to remove any contaminants, they really reduce the appeal of hash. I found just using a tea strainer removed all of these contaminants from some hash. You can use other screens to clean the hash though.

Contaminants.JPG

Typically for bubble, anything above 160μ is trash, 120μ gives average hash. I find the best hash comes from 73μ or 90μ, occasionally the 45μ. Keep the 25μ separate, as it is just broken glands, which lowers the overall quality of the hash if mixed in or left in.

Pressing is also important. If you're using a Piecemaker type press, it probably won't press well. I always press any hash by hand, I find it to be better. Pressing hash needs some heat, enough comes from my hands. :D

• Like 5

Yeah same as above, I do gentle bubble bag runs then dry out what I've got of the good stuff, then keep squashing it in my hands and then roll it into a ball and let it oxidise a little in a small tub or jar. It's mega

• Like 1

thanks!!! >

so it's just aesthetic ? really ? like little souuvenir balls of "exported hashish" ?

is there any benefit, to the outside trichomes being "damaged" ? > will it serve as a protective barrier etc ? or is say doing so, when you don't have to, a bit "pointless" (say for someone like me ?)

> does it store better like that, vs say a single pressn then left alone ? < if anyone please ?

thanks for the help!!!

My avatar is bubble hash, hand worked, i think it just needs to oxide and hand working does that. The crap underneath the hash man is dry sift. Saying that I found a plastic box the other day while trying to find out why an outhouse stunk of weed and it had a layer of trichs on the bottom from storing several oz of outdoor, they had all turned brown and it was damp but made an excellant nugget of slightly damp hash

• Like 1

I read somewhere that working it and oxidising it helps the thc in there turn to cbd and cbn during the cure and thats why it's such a pleasant stone. Not sure if it's true but It's what I read

Edited by VikingDee
  • Like 1

that would make sense, as THC-A degrades into CBN i think (?), but CBN i think is potentially negative (contributes to "couchlock / non-psychoactive", and CBD is genetic propensity (but alot of hash strains produce CBD (as selected for trichome propensity / yield i think (...no access to chromotography...)).

but i think the less processing the better, for preserving terpenes, oils (?) what not ? (i have some 2 year old flowers, that are now still very potent, but very much flavourless/rubbish as example (obviously oxidized goodness)

you know like how they say to "sear meat" prior to long cooking >

will a oxidised layer be of benefit AIMING to preserve the middle (set against > "destroying" the outer layer of trichomes) ?

or better to not destroy the outer ? do you guys think ?

thanks!!

Edited by little willie

My avatar is bubble hash,

So it is lol I never noticed that, a fine example of both hash and tiny man making imo.

I agree, hand working bubble is the best way for me.

I like to add a bit of extra heat to the outside but I hand press.

med_gallery_15439_7570_100445.jpg

Edited by iamafunkimunki
  • Like 13