I need to destroy these thrips.

Guest Default Attribute

1 minute ago, bearukc said:

thanks is that for Dr Schimmels? That's what i did with the provado and bug clear. New 5 ltr pump sprayer sprayed plants at lights off with half strength solution and when i used full strength it left alot of residue which badly burned my ladies. I'll see how well this Schimmels works but i was hoping it didn't just work on contact only

• Like 1

On 05/22/2017 at 7:50 PM, MD84 said:

thanks is that for Dr Schimmels? That's what i did with the provado and bug clear. New 5 ltr pump sprayer sprayed plants at lights off with half strength solution and when i used full strength it left alot of residue which badly burned my ladies. I'll see how well this Schimmels works but i was hoping it didn't just work on contact only

Dr shcimmels works wonders. Just spray under low light as it will burn them if you don't. You will never see those thrips again though! If you can spray at lights off that's ideal. Make sure you get in everywhere under leaves and bushy foliage. You'll be sorted.

Edited by Snowziff

1 minute ago, Snowziff said:

Dr shcimmels works wonders. Just spray under low light as it will burn them if you don't. You will never see those thrips again though!

That's wat i keep hearing. I was just wondering how it actually works as they only make enough in one bottle for a single treatment. I've actually just bought some predators too though as i will not be using the Dr Schimmels just yet. Thanks for the help

It is really hard to find info I know. I looked too. I guess due to it's legal standing and wot not they keep it close to their chest.

I nuked my serious infestation with Amblyseius. Purchased 10 sachets - one for each small plant - to make sure they were eradicated. Worked a treat. 

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, Lord Steppington said:

I nuked my serious infestation with Amblyseius. Purchased 10 sachets - one for each small plant - to make sure they were eradicated. Worked a treat. 

that's good to know, i oredered some of them yesterday. 10 sachets for a tenner which i thought was great compared to growshop prices. i was worried they would hang around too long though as i only have about 3 weeks left until harvest i decided to only use them on the seedlings as a preventative

• 6 years later...

@GSZZ  will Dr Schimmel Spider Mite Terminator kill thrips as well? Only avaliable product at shop,I was about to flip tomorrow and today noticed them,so don't have 3 weeks to fck about with neem as plant will overgrow my room

Do you spray under leaves as with neem or am just good to shower them?

32 minutes ago, Herbal Kint said:

@GSZZ  will Dr Schimmel Spider Mite Terminator kill thrips as well?

The Thrip and Spidermite stuff were exactly the same stuff, just the thrip was more concentrated but you used it as the same dilution. It regularly burnt plants to bits - they don't sell it anymore.

The post I made in this thread I am confident was the last time I used anything schimmel related, and provado too for that matter -  I've heard enough from growers in the shop now to know that its not as effective as it used to be, with it being more of a knock down rather than a complete eradication - what I said still stands, switching up products is your best bet. I regularly am asked for Floramite along side schimmels, but I can't in good conscience recommend you do that, nor recommend a rotation.

If you can be arsed, I'd recommend Sticky traps, Evoponic Force Field, Tanlin and Skram. Use Force Field and Tanlin (watch out for FF though, it will tank your pH so you will have to keep an eye on it if applicable to you) with every feed, doubling the dose of tanlin to 1 drop per 1L and then spray with Skram once a day for 3 days, dropping down to once every 3 days, and then once every 10 days until you're not comfortable. Replace the sticky traps once a week so you have can get a handle of how much you're knocking the infestation.

Thrips live in the soil and the aerial parts of the plants, so its super important that you continually treat the soil as well as the foliage otherwise they will keep coming back.

• Like 2

Seems am up for 2 more weeks of veg then,can't get the stuff above so neem oil will have to do. What cause of burn with schimmels,have you tried lower % of it? Was supposed to be natural

Cheers for reply

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, ratdog said:

what about uv bug killers? anyone tried them?

Do they give off light which could affect plants during 12/12?

I'll sound like a rep but who cares:bong:

BAC vitality plus * I need to go upstairs and check that name. I know it has a similar name to a previous product that was rubbished by a different company....couldnt tell you which. People here will know more on that matter, nasty stuff afaik

Used it twice as per the recommendation, never had them again. No detriment to the quality of smoke/clonability/vigour. The original plants it happened to looked bloody awesome after as I never foliar spray usually.

Atb Anarchycamp

36 minutes ago, Herbal Kint said:

Was supposed to be natural

Nah theres nothing natural about dr schimmels lollol its  an "under the counter" product, it contains a banned insecticide - infact, its actually well illegal.

Just now, Banarchylamp said:

I'll sound like a rep but who cares:bong:

BAC vitality plus * I need to go upstairs and check that name. I know it has a similar name to a previous product that was rubbished by a different company....couldnt tell you which. People here will know more on that matter, nasty stuff afaik

Used it twice as per the recommendation, never had them again. No detriment to the quality of smoke/clonability/vigour. The original plants it happened to looked bloody awesome after as I never foliar spray usually.

Atb Anarchycamp

My guess is that it contains Abamectin (regardless of how the product description reads), like the old good plant vitality plus and killermite does/did. Abamectin readily degrades in light, and is broken down by soil flora, takes up to about a month but thats "in the field" and not under artificial lighting, so I'm not sure if thats neccesarily applicable to us indoor growers.

• Like 1

@GSZZ In all honesty I do remember masking/gloving up to do it so could well be. Good shi*

I've got some clones just potted up, one or two are looking crap so they're getting some,why not:bong: