I need to destroy these thrips.

Guest Default Attribute

I use Plagroon neem oil when i cant get Himalayan cold pressed. i can put pictures no problem.

Warm water and wetting agents are the way to go.

I never scorched a single plant with it, but it does have small NPK ratio.To add on last part , i potted last photos in mix of worm castings and bat guano compost and few days latter i sprayed neem , plants are in my UK cheese gallery.

I use neem cake and top dress , mix it in compost. But when i spray neem oil i drench minimum 5-10cm where fuckers hatch. It works flawless indoors, cake and powder we tried out for ants and it worked as well. Ill report back on outdoors when we see how it goes with rain washing it out and all.

I dont measure it just sip it in a bit more if i got borg(around 5ml), for prevention 2-3ml. Old thread about it http://www.uk420.com/boards/index.php?showtopic=199436&page=2

Good luck

• 4 weeks later...
Guest Default Attribute

I managed to get rid of these in the end, I cut my mums right down to bare bones, gave them a good dunk and root drench with pyrethrum 5ec and wiped the whole tent down with the stuff. Havent seen a thrip or any leaf markings since then. I think I was going wrong by not pouring it into the soil, they were just coming back a few days later from the soil i am guessing.

Thanks for all the advice, I am glad they are gone, was doing my head in, I hate things like that.

Provado concentrate works every time for me. Don't bother with Harkers Mectin on thrips, it's a miticide, so while it's great for spider mites, it's not effective on thrips.

I think the key is to get a good quality sprayer. Don't bother with the little quid ones that you pump yourself. Get a decent one with a wand that you can pump the pressure up. They cost about 25 quid but they are so much more effective. The wand enables you to get right in amongst the foliage and give it all a good drenching.

Guest Default Attribute

In the end I just trimmed them down as much as possible, filled a bucket with the pyrethrum solution and just dunked the plant under the water completely then watered with the stuff, no way anything on there was surviving lol, done it again a few days later to make sure.

Guest mrtibbs

Provado concentrate works every time for me. Don't bother with Harkers Mectin on thrips, it's a miticide, so while it's great for spider mites, it's not effective on thrips.

I think the key is to get a good quality sprayer. Don't bother with the little quid ones that you pump yourself. Get a decent one with a wand that you can pump the pressure up. They cost about 25 quid but they are so much more effective. The wand enables you to get right in amongst the foliage and give it all a good drenching.

Harkers is 100% effective on Thrips.

Is that from first hand experience, or if not have you done a bit of research on internet yourself? If you dont mind me asking.

It works. I read various forums, then tried it myself and non seen since.

Maybe it was purely coincidental and they decided to pack their bags and go the day before i sprayed ;)

Edited by mrtibbs

Duno mate that should eradicate them.

I use neem oil and my plants love it, thrips dont. Needs 2-3 applications and plant recovery is great, it has some npk value as well.

Get some as a great preventive, spray once a month at half a dose and you will never have mites again. Small price for peace in garden IMO.

How do you use neem oil mate?

I used Dr Schimmels thrip solution recently after a bout of thrips broke out in a 1.2m tent. Sprayed with the hoselock. Sorted.

I really hope the Dr Schimmels spider mite Terminator is as effective on mites.

I kept cuts that had mosaic virus from thrips ,and I struggled with them as they had become immune to permethrin and pyrethrum ,and a few others for various agri/horti crops . SBPI and the old aluminium bottle of Plant vitality + were real good . Ivermectin ,sheep dip ,works great and is similar to harkers mectin . Any of the ''ectins'' are effective ,and probably deadlier . You shouldn't use in flower .

• 9 months later...

I've had a thrip problem for 2 grows. I used Provado bug killer and bug clear multiple times and the thrips just laughed at it. SBPI did literally nothing and agrothrin dust never seemed to do much either. killed my young cuts by dunking them in a neem/bug clear solution that was too strong so started again from seed. I did try ordering some of that spinosad from the states but U.S customs stopped it from leaving the country :wallbash:. I came across this Dr Schimmels stuff which has great reviews online but i'm struggling to find much info on it. What are the ingredients? How exactly does it work? I got one little bottle for £20 which needs to be mixed up in one go for only 3ltrs. I'm guessing the stuff is systemic?

i rang my local shop to see what they had and the woman said soiltek or something like that. The fact she said it needed re applying to catch the larvae when they hatch put me off though. I wanted something that would kill the larvae immediately lol

Dynamec stays in the leaves for a while but is not systemic 

Edited by Moobman
Fucking auto correct
  • Like 1

that's what i'm wondering about this Dr Schimmels too as it's hard to find info on it. And really doesn't have much on the label

28 minutes ago, MD84 said:

Just make sure you get the mix it yourself bottle not aerosol or readymix. Mix it strong and give the plants a good soaking. it work by a physical action so you have to get it on the thrips. Luckily thrips are very mobile, bombing about your grow, but they bumble into the spray or rsidual droplets. Provado leaves a film on the leaves which they don't like. Give them one good spray especially under the skirts and the underside of the leaves. I give the surface of the soil a good spray as well. Then a repeat spray four or five days later and that should do it. Also make sure you have a good sprayer. A one pound pump action spray from Wilko will not cut it. Get a decent 5 ltr pump up sprayer with a spray wand. The wand really helps getting the spray right into the plant and to the back of the tent.

Edited by bearukc
  • Like 1