The passion of the BWit

• 1 month later...

Cheers Gravy :) Going to be doing a few DP strains again this coming season thanks to DutchPasionTony.      Decided to go for a couple of different strains but i was very tempted by the Durban.  GL 

@Blunt_Witwhat else are you going For? Frizzy are dead certs but I don't go crazy for the smoke. Passion  is strong but a bit airy and racy I found. Forest dream is nice! But a bit late.

I'm only running Durban from dp this year

in my head i was going to try those two strains, would like to try them.....but when i offered i asked for Think Fast and Forrest Dream.    Too many choices too few holes ;) Honestly so much choice for the gg'er i feel lucky :)

Edited by Blunt_Wit
OCD

• 1 month later...

Slight change of plans and ended up just running Passion Number One from DP this season :yep:      So far i have soaked two beans and both have popped up as expected.

Not sure if i will run a full on diary or just drop some pics in here as things progress.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Hi @Blunt_Wit, just wondering how this grow is going, specifically with regard to your Passion #1? I have one out currently, which was going nicely at last visit two weeks ago and had started to flower, and I'm hoping to visit tomorrow and check on it. Anyway, just looking around for others growing the P#1 to see how they're progressing, or to pick up any insights into when they finished in past years...

Cheers.

2 hours ago, Blunt_Wit said:

Hey up @Spliffman100 mine were flowering about 25/08 so i'm thinking 20-something October finish.        Mine are doing ok, bit small as they were planted in small unprepared holes but look healthy enough.

Good to hear they're doing well. Bit disappointing to hear a projected finish date of 20th October! That seems so late, even if they're supposed to be very mould resistant.

In the course of my original research I saw quite a few ppl reporting early October or even end of September finishing for the Passion #1, and all the available info out there suggests they have a short, 6 week flowering period (as unlikely as that seems), so I was hoping mine might be done within a month...

Guess I'll carry on hoping that version of events is correct, but probably good to have this reality check...

Cheers.

;) I remember going to take a pic last time and getting stung by nettles in the face checking the tag.   @Spliffman100  I will get a pic up as the P#1 seems to be doing the best out of a few similar plants that i tried doing with minimal prep.   They haven't needed any real attention in fairness to them & seem to be slotting in to a staggered harvest.

I don't know on the expected finish time to be honest, 1st time trying them and didn't do any specific research just the strain has been on my radar for outdoors & i got a couple of beans gifted.

I was expecting October though.     I would say mine had just started flowering last time i saw them so added 8 weeks as the pencil finish date.   Will be happy if its earlier.  6 weeks would be very nice :yep:

I have a couple of other diaries in other breeders forums here so won't link them.    Good luck with yours by the way. 

camera battery was failing but grabbed a pic.    Think i have another one out....i'm just rolling with it now it will turn up :)

large.59b15d34741e4_PassionNo1a.JPG.ac7a

large.59b15d3a421a1_PassionNo1b.JPG.8912

I basically just skimmed the grass off last season's walkway and planted in hole about a spade square.    So pretty happy how they are doing.      

8 hours ago, Blunt_Wit said:

camera battery was failing but grabbed a pic.    Think i have another one out....i'm just rolling with it now it will turn up :)

large.59b15d34741e4_PassionNo1a.JPG.ac7a

large.59b15d3a421a1_PassionNo1b.JPG.8912

I basically just skimmed the grass off last season's walkway and planted in hole about a spade square.    So pretty happy how they are doing.      

Looking good. Your bud's prob a bit ahead of mine and a few colas there to fatten up.

Size wise, I reckon it's worth it even if I get 1/2oz, so nothing to worry about there.