No-till thread

muffintop

@@Jimboo we are a large family and eat a lot of fruit & veg daily so I am going to get a few going I think. Was the B&Q bins the bets deal you found? We have this B&M store here that sells that stuff really cheap.

How many worms did you use per 50L bin?

• Like 1

@@Jimboo we are a large family and eat a lot of fruit & veg daily so I am going to get a few going I think. Was the B&Q bins the bets deal you found? We have this B&M store here that sells that stuff really cheap.

How many worms did you use per 50L bin?

no mate i just went to the closest shop for me and ,I cant remember how many worms i think it was 250g

Edited by Jimboo
  • Like 1

Guest OutOfAfrica81

I'm in the same boat as you @@Ogami-itto . I don't want to send to much on additives as I only grow outdoor and greenhouse . Once you have a good look around you can find things that you can use to make tea . Ewc are always good to have around to make tea , you can add anything from comfrey to chicken manure pellets from the £ shop .

• Like 2

nettles mate busting with traces elements and minerals, nuke them in the microwave to wilt them and kill any creepys same with any dead leaves from the garden

Edited by Jimboo
  • Like 6

bag of oatmeal mate 80p worms love oatmeal

to make a tea? what do you do with it?

also while I am here, what does "bubbling" mean - like it you bubble something for 24 hrs?

@@Jimboo yep I was reading about nettles last night - got thousands of the mofos in my field so wont be short.

B&M only had clear tubbies so it was B&Q in the end - they have some nice big ones too.

• Like 1

Read up on Actively Aerated Compost Tea (AACT). I also suggest getting hold of a copy of: Teaming With Microbes - The Organic Gardeners Guide to the Soil Food Web, a must read in my opinion.

• Like 10

to make a tea? what do you do with it?

also while I am here, what does "bubbling" mean - like it you bubble something for 24 hrs?

@@Jimboo yep I was reading about nettles last night - got thousands of the mofos in my field so wont be short.

B&M only had clear tubbies so it was B&Q in the end - they have some nice big ones too.

Mix the oatmeal with your worm food mate, and i normally mix my compost in a 50lt tub ,i will sprinkle a layer over the surface then dig it in

Edited by Jimboo
  • Like 2

I've actually used it in my ACTs as a carbohydrate source for the microbes. So I would use fresh ewc, molasses, seaweed and oatmeal and bubble that up for 24/48 hours

HTH :oldtoker:

• Like 4

Read up on Actively Aerated Compost Tea (AACT). I also suggest getting hold of a copy of: Teaming With Microbes - The Organic Gardeners Guide to the Soil Food Web, a must read in my opinion.

thanks just managed to download a nice copy. Does it also cover AACT?

• Like 1

thanks just managed to download a nice copy. Does it also cover AACT?

Yes, It has a whole chapter on it.

Also, buy the book mate and show your support to the author. It's only a couple quid.. :yes:

• Like 4