No-till thread

muffintop

It's how plants should be grown in my opinion, no more bottled nutrients in this house at all now. I moved to no-till from coco and it's the perfect fit for me, very low maintenance.

• Like 10

I've always used PM Granules. Was wondering what I could replace them with when I start NTG. I know that TNC do a range of different myco's but wasn't too sure what was best. I'd seen some recommendations around the forums for certain ones but just today heard something interesting on youtube I thought was worth mentioning here...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z0ZNvJIcRSs&t=46m25s

I'm not sure if the video will start at the right point, so it's 46mins 25 seconds in that you want to look :)

Edited by SkyRider
  • Like 3

I've always used PM Granules. Was wondering what I could replace them with when I start NTG. I know that TNC do a range of different myco's but wasn't too sure what was best. I'd seen some recommendations around the forums for certain ones but just today heard something interesting on youtube I thought was worth mentioning here...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z0ZNvJIcRSs&t=46m25s

I'm not sure if the video will start at the right point, so it's 46mins 25 seconds in that you want to look :)

ta mate i watched that video before and could never find it again,

• Like 1

Hi people just a quick one i have bought some fish blood and bone from wilko it says to put 70g per square foot and to retreat every six weeks but how mych should i use per 10 l of soil ect as im a noob to this no till stuff lol

bless

chuck in half a handful dude

what ever happens its going to be better than not chucking it in

and if you put a little in first and your plants cool with it you could top dress

a little later on maybe..

what else are you putting in.?

• Like 2

1 part soil

1 part coco

1 part well rotted tree stump

and then fbb and not shore what else was thinking some rock dust and some worm castings

whats your thoughts @@twigs ?

Bless

1 part soil

1 part coco

1 part well rotted tree stump

and then fbb and not shore what else was thinking some rock dust and some worm castings

whats your thoughts @@twigs ?

Bless

why the tree stump mate, do you know that decomposing wood can remove nitrogen from your soil? iirc

Edited by Jimboo

@@Jimboo because i have it to use and its already decomposted fully its fluffy like coco ect and i riddled it through but thanks for the advice will it be ok to use then ?

Bless

• Like 2

@@Jimboo because i have it to use and its already decomposted fully its fluffy like coco ect and i riddled it through but thanks for the advice will it be ok to use then ?

Bless

i dont know mate never heard of anyone using it before,It sounds like basically sawdust What benefit does it bring to your mix?

Wouldn't it take a long time to break down and release anything?

Edited by muffintop

Well this is the thing its bin rotting for 2 and a half years the last year its been in a bin with a 100 odd beatle larve and beatles and its now been riddeld and is a fine coco like consistance and my idea was it would be good like a forest floor in a sence ?

But as i said im a noob to this organic stuff lol

i do also have some autos that i have used a simler mix for a few autos ive started and all is going well so far lol

bless

• Like 3

Well this is the thing its bin rotting for 2 and a half years the last year its been in a bin with a 100 odd beatle larve and beatles and its now been riddeld and is a fine coco like consistance and my idea was it would be good like a forest floor in a sence ?

bless

Got you now mate its got a high % of beetle frass in it ....... homemade Ecothrive Charge

Edited by Jimboo
  • Like 1

Nice one! You learn something new all the time in this hobby. I would stick it in the freezer for 24 hours to remove any eggs though, I do this with my mealworm bin frass.

Edited by muffintop
  • Like 2

Nice one! You learn something new all the time in this hobby. I would stick it in the freezer for 24 hours to remove any eggs though, I do this with my mealworm bin frass.

how big is your bin mate? and what % frass do you add to your mix ?

Edited by Jimboo

Only a small plastic critter carrier, I use them to feed the birds. I use a couple of screens to filter, so it is quite fine. I follow the ecothrive instructions as it is the same:

foliar:

half a teapsoon to 1 teapsoon in 1 litre of water, stir for 1 min, leave for 15 mins, stir for 1 min, leave for 15 mins, strain and apply.

watering in:

Add 10-20ml per litre of water

Stir thoroughly for one minute. Water the pot well until run-off occurs. Repeat every two to four weeks or as the crop needs.

top dress:

1 tablespoon.

Edited by muffintop
  • Like 3