my trial run of dutch passion autos

vince noir rock n roll star

Hi,Vince m8,I'm currently doing dutch-passion auto-colorado-cookies currently at 7wks the smells are amazing will. Upload pics to my gallery,all the best chris

• Like 2

Looking good.

Using Fytocell to aid germination looks interesting. I grow in 100% Fytocell but use a 50/50 perlite vermiculite mix for starting them. Will have to play around with some freebies as starting them in what I use to grow them in seems logical.

it holds moisture and air and thats all they need to get going

just been checking the plants and something occurred to me ..ive read in many a catalogue before that some strains will autoflower at the 21 day mark ..now ive always taken that with a pinch of salt ,but last time i grew starryders thats exactly what they did ..day 21 a preflower was present ..same goes with these babies ..if you need to control height then use 12/12 from seed with autos until flowering is reached then go full on 24hrs on ..which i shall be doing soon when the other plants are chopped ..then the tent will solely be dutch passion autos except for the one disco biscuit .

21 days ,got to love uniformity .i have every confidence the buds on starryders will be fat frosty and fuckin lovely to smoke too .

• Like 7

If I give autos a try I was thinking of 18/6 until the buds are formed, then 24/0 for the last few weeks to keep the temps/humidity constant to lessen the chance of mould in my damp cellar.

• Like 1

whatever your grow style you cant go wrong with the starryder ..ever ..

anyhoo ..sunday and its all starting to look like its gonna be a very quick turnaround on some of these girls ..so pleased with them so far ,all theyve had is a bit of nitrozyme ..ive sat the newer plants on other pots again ,so all of them will be pot restricted until the roots grow through to the next pot..yeah seems counterproductive but so far ive seen bigger buds on plants done this way .so lets have a lookie .

gallery_20433_12503_55273.jpeg[/url]

all of them showing preflowers now ..so from next sunday theyll go into 24hour mode ,by alternating leds and cfl over the course of the day .

gallery_20433_12503_209474.jpeg[/url]

gallery_20433_12503_201262.jpeg[/url]

gallery_20433_12503_164493.jpeg[/url]

gallery_20433_12503_319400.jpeg[/url]

sometime today they will be given a very mild bit of oldtimer bloom ..nothing extravagant because most are sat on old flowered plant pots ..so the soil should still have plenty of goodness in

• Like 9

So the idea then Vince is to allow the roots to run through to the big pots like you can do with tomatoes to up the yield ?

• Like 1

sunday time ..well things have been moving along behind my back it seems ,not fed or watered anything this week ,so just before i took these snaps i gave them 4ml oldtimer bloom ..nowt else ..apart from the water it was mixed with ..

the blackberry kush auto is definately the tallest and the colorado cookies the shortest ,im a big fan of short plants ,they can provide meds for those without large spaces to grow in and are vitaly important when the plant is illegal ,easier to hide ..

all look reasonably happy ,they get led for the most part of the day and a warming blast of cfl added for the evening ..seems to be doing ok ,they are all into flowering now at week 4 ..which is fast .

i chopped up the root ball of another plant and mixed it with a bit of jacks magic and have planted two more colorado cookies and a bbka ..

gallery_20433_12503_268580.jpeg[/url]

covered with a bit of fytocell as that seems to keep them warm and moist .

the 2nd wave of starryders have gone a bit bendy but a touch of silicon will sort that so no worries

gallery_20433_12503_319968.jpeg[/url]

gallery_20433_12503_5617.jpeg[/url]

gallery_20433_12503_8278.jpeg[/url]

gallery_20433_12503_184620.jpeg[/url]

gallery_20433_12503_231935.jpeg[/url]

gallery_20433_12503_171721.jpeg[/url]

gallery_20433_12503_194953.jpeg[/url]

all happy so far ,and pleased with the speed of them .

• Like 7

had the urge to check the plants before bedtime last night and noticed the auto colorado cookie acting up ,droopy leaves ,was it cold ? was it hungry ? was it something else ..so i gave it a drink or warmish water before bed then today it got a good litre of nice room temp water with a touch of nitrozyme and a good 7 ml of oldtimer bloom with a dash of added silicon ..

gallery_20433_12503_139778.jpeg[/url]

last night ^

today

gallery_20433_12503_232037.jpeg[/url]

gallery_20433_12503_203033.jpeg[/url]

gallery_20433_12503_179998.jpeg[/url]

gallery_20433_12503_161745.jpeg[/url]

so far ive not had to do bugger all with this lot of autos ,they are starting to show a bit of yellowing in some fan leaves but hey ,thats what fan leaves are for ,..theyve had a nice feed today so nothing to worry about ,the 3rd wave of seeds in the tent are two colorado cookies ,one of which has basically died on its arse as soon as it got started so ive propped it on some fytocell to see if it can reabsorb and get the helmet off itself ,the blackberry kushes are fine though up n running 36 hours ..

gonna really push the feed up this week and ease off ..as they are in small pots they should suck that shit up real quick ..some would argue its a stupid thing to do ,but a one time hit of the good stuff then ease right off seems to give the buds a massive boost under led ..

til next week when ill get them all out the tent for a fiddle about

• Like 5

sadly one colorado cookie never made it ..so in goes another blackberry kush auto in its place .god bless all who sail in her ..