The White Widow Experiment

mborza

ok so a little update. the first 4 that went to soil never got to their full potential as my environment was not 100% correct. I had heat issues due to the location in the tent of these 4 plants and as a result they didnt fatten up as much as i would have hoped. I did chop one plant 4 nights ago and the crop is currently drying out for me. I did sample some of the harvest so far and boy its stoney. The other 3 plants of the first batch will be chopped this weekend.

The other plants however is a completely different story... these ladies have been beside a 400w heater since they began to flower and as a result they are piling on weight with another 2 weeks left at least maybe more.

This is a huge lesson for me and my grows in the winter months and the difficulty around growing with outside temps of the tent getting to 5 degrees at the worst times. I am building a purpose built enclosure which will allow me to run more plants and another lamp (possibly). Aswel as that i have invested in a heater setup and thermostat for next winter as i wont need that in a week or two id say anyway, i may post up pictures of the build.

Pictures of the fatter buds to follow in a few minutes i need to upload them.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

so a little update, i have switched over from a magnetic ballast to a digital one and i have began working on expanding my grow area. I will post pictures of the grow room construction in due corse

harvest update:

Plant 1 - 2.75oz dry

Plant 2 - 3.45oz dry

Plant 3 - Harvested today will report numbers asap

Plant 4 - Harvested today will report numbers asap

Plant 5 - Will harvest next weekend

Plant 6 - Will harvest next weekend

Plant 7 - Will harvest next weekend

Plant 8 - Will harvest next weekend

Plant 9 - Will harvest next weekend

I have also put some new seeds to soil recently so i will begin another grow journal shortly too

gallery_93582_12137_117552.jpg

gallery_93582_12137_254796.jpg

gallery_93582_12137_81177.jpg

gallery_93582_12137_365305.jpg

gallery_93582_12137_342233.jpg

gallery_93582_12137_79647.jpg

• Like 4

• 4 weeks later...

harvest update:

Plant 1 - 2.75oz dry

Plant 2 - 3.45oz dry

Plant 3 - 3.15oz dry

Plant 4 - 3.55oz dry

Plant 5 - 2.90oz dry

Plant 6 - 4.05oz dry

Plant 7 - 3.65oz dry

Plant 8 - 3.55oz dry

Plant 9 - 3.25oz dry

all in all this was a tricky grow but not down to the strain more my environment. during the warmer months my grow area is fantastic and dialled in perfectly

but the winter months through this plan right out the window. it was a nice learning curve thats for sure so i will know for next winter.

This strain does kick ass, as promised on the tin (well almost) its super strong definitly the strongest strain ive grown. It does not produce huge buds like

other strains ive grown in the DP range but dont let that put you off they are far more potent. When harvesting extra time is needed to trim down but trust me

its worth the wait. I do get the feeling that potentially if i grew this strain during the summer months the grow would have taken a shorter time and the buds

might have been slightly bigger but for over 30oz you will not hear me complain for a very long time to come :D

• Like 2

• 6 months later...

You know what, that's the reason why I love White Widow. I have so good memories of this strain.

I remember it to be rather sedative and relaxing....maybe strong but not incapacitating like newer Indica/Sativa hybrids.

I love this strain, I really do.

And man did the Autopot run nicely pfeeww very nice job on this one. But I suggest you try smaller plants, and wider if you're concerned about plant counts

Greetz from France

• Like 1