which jars? and from where?

KanedAndUnable

@NezA I’ve always used ball mason jars and they’ve always worked for me with no issues. 
ive just had a look and dunelms are doing x4 945ml wide mouth jars for £16 or they have the blue ones for £3 more.

Whats up with your current kilners?

Edited by Tegridy Farms
  • Like 3

I've got a smell leak @Tegridy Farms I noticed it a few weeks ago and when I checked the rubber seal was slightly perished so I've changed the seal and nope the smell is just intensifying as the weed is maturing in the jar perhaps it's the clip rather than the rubber seal as stated by others earlier in this thread the clip system leaves a bit to be desired on the kilners and screw tops are one option or perhaps a better clip top (I would prefer a clip top personally) but my thinking behind this particular necro, was that the market has changed somewhat over the last 5 years and all kinds of companies are launching all manner of Canna related products so perhaps there's some fancy Canna specific jars on the market. I'm happy to pay a premium for quality but it needs to do it's job better than the kilners I currently have. Perhaps I can look at modifying these ones. 

Didn't fancy creating a new topic for a question that I knew would have been asked before.

There's also the benefit for all the new members we've been getting lately seeing the discussion here. But currently my entire bedroom stinks if I open the cupboard my jar is in it's very strong and if I open my jar then you can smell it out on the street. This is by far the stinkiest weed I've ever laid my hands on. Back in the day cheese level stench but I never had to store those £10 - 20 bags for months it's actually a bit of a security issue. We're very friendly with our neighbors and they all know I smoke so the smell isn't an issue if it's occasional but constant would cause a problem.

Cheers for the reply apologies for the rambling. It's been a merry evening! lol

• Like 3

Sounds like it needs vac packing @NezA

I've never had any bother with my kilners, apart from them going missing or cracking a large chunk out of the top when I close it :doh:

• Like 4

@mikeydoughnut They do also save a lot of space as well as keeping all that stink in. Just maybe label them or you might end up looking for something all over the house which is actually sat right in front of you like I did yesterday. I wasn't even that wasted :blushing:

• Like 3

It is possible to pimp your le parfait/kilner clip top jars with silicone seals which can be bought from the usual online retailers.

It is certainly an upgrade on the rubber seals which do perish over time.

Available in funky colours to boot.

• Like 3

I gave up on clip top Kilners due to smell leaks/moisture leaks and don’t really like using cling film to stop leaking so now I use screw top Kilner jars that have quite a narrow opening or the Bell mason screw top jars that have a wide opening.  Much more reliable closures for curing. :magic:

• Like 3

Kilner screw tops for me , had zero issues and readily available in most supermarkets.   

I also had good results with locke & lock tupper ware style tubs.    

• Like 2

4 Ball Mason 945ml screwtop jars, £17.99 with prime...(other sizes as well)

Trouble is I might be tempted to get a still...default_whistling.gifdefault_lol.gif

• Like 2