which jars? and from where?

KanedAndUnable

Yeah I was a bit gutted that the Cvault didn't live up to my hopes, really wanted a Kilner alternative. The 3 metal clips weaken with use over time too and are riveted so cannot be tightened and the integral silicone seal in the lids cannot be replaced.

Paper bags will let light through no? You don't have a cupboard you can put them in?

What's a Cvault then ? A very expensive container to store cannabis in ?

• Like 1

That's pretty much it Degsy. The idea is that you use Boveda packs placed in the lid to regulate relative humidity-extra cost and faffing about. I'll be sticking to tried and tested in future. :yep:

• Like 1

Getting myself to Asda tomorrow they do a 3 pack 1ltrz for a £10. (If I remembered right) them flip lid types I call em groslch tops lol

• Like 1

@@dweeeb you can get 3-4ltr ones for that price. the mrs picked some up from a cheapo shop. got almost all of it jarred now :) then time to crack some new beans! :)

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

just got 6 x 3 litre screw top le parfiat jars for 22.95 delivered. Not a big fan of the clip on type

Edited by Subliminal Criminal

Guest Default Attribute

I like the 1l screw top kilners, tried cheap jars but they just leak. Drove up and down the country with a few oz in Kilner jars with zero smell.

Edited by StevieRays

A large mix of kilners for me

Everything from tiny less than 100ml flip tops, perfect for squeezing a couple grams in for a trip to a mates.

To the huge 3l ones even the brickies and joiners can fit their massive hands right in.

Surprised some folk prefer screw lid jars. I hate the things. Don't they lose the smell proof of the ring seal after some time? Thought that was why the whole rubber rings can be bought separately to replace as they only seal properly a few times.

Apart from that they're just more of a pain to open. Screwing vs easy clips. Plus the two piece lids love running away.

Buy em as I come across them on offer, supermarkets. TK max is good, probably loads of good places.

• Like 2

i ordered 6 le parfait jars... for 18 quid

gallery_94326_12077_18107.jpg

1 Litre Le Parfait

gallery_94326_12077_195546.jpg

But somehow managed up with 36!

gallery_94326_12077_144216.jpg

I will wait and see if ASDA call back, but if they dont, i am going to have to upscale my grow, just so i can use all my jars!

Sub Crim

• Like 6

I use screw top 1 litre kilner jars I find they seal better than the clip style, fits just under or over a ounce depending on how dense the bud is.

i've got a mix of ikea, parfait & a few clip on coffee jars & out of them all, the parfait's keep the smell in for longer as the others seals

eventually give up the ghost as theyre made of a cheap plastic, where as the parfaits are made of rubber. i've since replaced all the

cheapo's with parfait rubber seal rings, you can get them in packs of 6 for about £3 delivered.

Edited by Joint hogger
  • Like 1

I find the screw top kilners seal better than the clip tops, zero smell leak compared to a hint with the rubber sealed jobbies, plus the glass chips off where the clasp sits and ends up in your foot.

• 5 years later...

Sorry to drag up an old post but it's 5 years on from then so there may be better options on the market now. 

I have clip top kilners the 2L ones I've never really had smell leaks before. But fuck me this Disco Biscuit is really something else.

Has anything changed in the last 5 years or should I go with some of the suggestions in here.

Thoughts?