Growers Ark Coco Schedule

ELO

• 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...

As a fairly new grower is was debating what nutrients to use. This is a really awesome thread with a ton of great information about growing in coco. I'll be placing an order at GA for sure. 

Cheers guys all the best :skin_up:

Edited by CustardVape

1 hour ago, Shumroom said:

@CustardVape it might be worthwhile getting a water test done by GA :D

Atb 

:yinyang:

Yeah I saw that they offered that service and that's pretty helpful. 

My water supply states 115.2 Ca mg/l which is hard so was going to go for their hard water range. I don't think ill be needing calmag with those ratios (or will I ?)

Would need to know the amount of Magnesium too :)

Not all areas water reports show the Magnesium, 

but if you find your values for it, 

you'd be looking for around 3:1 ratio of Calcium to Magnesium. 

Atb 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Shumroom said:

Would need to know the amount of Magnesium too :)

Not all areas water reports show the Magnesium, 

but if you find your values for it, 

you'd be looking for around 3:1 ratio of Calcium to Magnesium. 

Atb 

Thanks for your help buddy. Looking at my water report it says -  MANGANESE  ugMn/l   0.81233 - 1.05 

So thats 115.2 Ca mg/l  and  MANGANESE  ugMn/l   0.81233 - 1.05   fuck knows what that means :unsure:

• 2 weeks later...
On 29/10/2016 at 11:15 AM, twoscoops said:

Hello folks,

Decided to get some custom 5L coco nutrients made up because my tap water is hard and some ratios are not right.

Just using my standard hard water nutes though before I get chance to give them a bash :)

Picked up some more root tonic, traces and boost too. My car boot was fully loaded lol

The guys at GA are most helpful and a good laugh too, top bananas :)

twoscoops

I have the same water, cal:mag is 19:1, very hard, background EC is .8. How did the custom nutes work out?

I'm adding mono mg at the moment but I'm trying to simplify my feeding, Growers Ark seems like the best alternative to Vitalink for my next purchase. I'm wondering if I can just buy the hard water grow and save £30 water test cost.. :D

Just now, Slippy One said:

I'm wondering if I can just buy the hard water grow and save £30 water test cost.. :D

I couldn't say for sure, but I know their standard hard water food is popular in London as it works as standard.. if thats any help?

• Like 4

@GSZZIn that case, I'll be trying my luck with the hard water version for my London water to save the testing fee. 

@twoscoopsThanks for the info, glad the custom nutes worked out for you, great to know they offer this service should I have problems. 

Are we still advised to adjust the ph with these hard water nutes?

Cheers. :yep:

• Like 1