SharkShockCBD Grow Diary - From Seed to Oil.

Clumsy

Hey All,

Thanks to @@Dinafem-Mark and all at Dinafem, I will be growing SharkShock CBD handwatered in coco and will try and keep a decent enough record. I'm not great with the editor, pictures and smilies but will try and learn as I go, expect a few glitches here and there.

Equipment wise I am changing a few bits around at the moment, so I will update area, light, extraction etc..

Any good stuff that may arise from this has been learnt here, so thanks to Joolz and all the contributors, any bad is my own doing.

Keeping it simple with just the bits below and will see how it goes.

CannaCoco

Ionic Grow and Bloom

GreenFuse Root

Liquid Silicon - Undecided leaning against for this grow.

Started in my cabinet under a 125CFL which I have swapped out for my new T5 and I love. :yes:

So here we go...

Pop

SharkShockCBD

In to soak (24hr)

24hrSoak

In to pots

8Sept

HeadsUp!

9Sept

ManDown:(

LostOne

72Hrs From Planting Day1 V

11Sept Day1 V

Day3 1ml Grow 1ml Root / Litre

13Sept Day3 V

Day6 1ml Grow 1ml Root / Litre

16Sept Day6 V

So that was week one, all but one made it which is pretty good. The one failure was my fault, the fresh seeds really didn't need as long a soak (if at all) and I let the cabinet temps get a little high during the germination with my covered pots.
Top marks for germination numbers and ease so far, thanks again Dinafem. :thumsup:
Be back soon.
C.
  • Like 7

Sitting in for this one if you don't mind?

I was looking at this strain for next year to help the wife with her fibromyalgia.

All looking good so far

• Like 1

All the best with this , will also be keeping an eye on this thread ,I have their CBD Moby Dick to add to the CBD Crew Shark I always do for wifey , be good to see how their Shark comes along , the sugar leaf/trim alone (if not added to you're oil run) will make very good cream ( I can't paste a link not sure why but in the Medicinal Cannabis part of the forum look for Make your own cream started by Danzig , excellent thread) & good medibles , grow on good luck :rockon:

• Like 1

We at dinafem love to see true medicinal grows from seed to finished product :). Thank you for getting this grow up so fast, very much appreciated :)

Ill reserve my seat for this medi grow :)

All the best

D-M..

Hey

@@beezee your more than welcome, a relative of mine also has fibromyalgia, they have found some relief from some prescription meds (amatriptyline) and are quite far away from trying canna, but you never know.

@@ftcarer thank you for the suggestion about the cream, for anyone else here is the link to Danzig's cream http://www.uk420.com/boards/index.php?showtopic=41712.

I have run a few coconut oil extractions and have used them both for (m)edibles and as a salve. :chef:

@@Dinafem-Mark no worries, the seeds have jumped out the pot and hit the road running. Please excuse the lack of details in the set up but I'm waiting for a few bits and bobs to upgrade, I will update when they arrive. In the interest of full disclosure I will have to say that not all of it will make the oil pot, so I will be in the position to give a vape review as well :yep: .

I will give a good run through at the end to show what was made into what, the condition is Chronic Inflammatory Arthritis and this will be the first higher CBD strain I have looked at, so it should be interesting, thanks again to yourself and all at Dinafem.

If anyone has any questions ask away, all the best.

C.

• Like 3

Hey All,

Just a quick update with some pics and a few more details, the ladies are coming along very nicely.

Temperatures are stable at 25C, feed is PH'd to 5.8, I use Nitric Acid in veg (and usually forget and use it in flower as well), :doh:

They are on 24hr at the moment but will be dropped down to 18/6 shortly. I haven't had any problems doing this with other strains.

Bottom feeding.

Day 10

Day10 2ml Grow 1ml Root/Litre

Dinafem SharkShockCBD

Nice low profile.

SideOn

I missed out a picture from my first post so have popped it below, I plant the seed halfway down the pot and then top up when they have sprouted, saves messing around trying to splint them.

Pots top up.

Thanks for stopping by, be back soon.
C.
  • Like 7

Hey All,

Just a quick update with some pics and a few more details, the ladies are coming along very nicely.

Temperatures are stable at 25C, feed is PH'd to 5.8, I use Nitric Acid in veg (and usually forget and use it in flower as well), :doh:

They are on 24hr at the moment but will be dropped down to 18/6 shortly. I haven't had any problems doing this with other strains.

Bottom feeding.

Day10 2ml Grow 1ml Root/Litre

Nice low profile.

I missed out a picture from my first post so have popped it below, I plant the seed halfway down the pot and then top up when they have sprouted, saves messing around trying to splint them.

C.

Im very impressed at how low and uniform you have kept these, nice work :) .

We at Dinafem have sucg respect for the medical community so anything we can do to help we will :bong:. Will be a very interesting grow..

All the best

D-M..

Hey

@@sy100276 Thanks for dropping by, I like your stealth cabinet good luck with your grow.

Thanks Mark, I must say I'm very impressed with the T5 for keeping them short, I've lifted it slightly to bring them up a bit before there first pot up.

C.

• Like 2

Hey All,

First off bad news, two weeks in two down, well not quite down yet, but not very happy. :down:

Same feed as all the others just not getting on. (popped her out and roots are very underdeveloped)

Unhappy Runt

And on to the good ones: :upside:
Day14 3ml Grow 1ml Root/Litre
Tray1 (bottom right a bit hungry)

Day14 SharkShockCBD

Tray2

Day14 SharkShockCBD

And from the side

Side

So that's two weeks from seed, my humidity is a bit low but I should be able to have a change around tomorrow and work something out.

I have a bit of an interruption next week but hopefully after that the ladies will be in their new home and it will be all systems go. :yep:

C.

Edited by Clumsy
  • Like 3

Hey All,

First off bad news, two weeks in two down, well not quite down yet, but not very happy. :down:

Same feed as all the others just not getting on. (popped her out and roots are very underdeveloped)

And on to the good ones: :upside:

Day14 3ml Grow 1ml Root/Litre

Tray1 (bottom right a bit hungry)

Tray2

And from the side

So that's two weeks from seed, my humidity is a bit low but I should be able to have a change around tomorrow and work something out.

I have a bit of an interruption next week but hopefully after that the ladies will be in their new home and it will be all systems go. :yep:

C.

Those t5,s sure are keeping the girls nice and squat :). I've not used t5,s is this common with these lights?

Looking very nice apart from maybe 1 or 2 :) I would still keep around to see if they pick up any :)

All the best

D-M..

I do use t5 lights @@Dinafem-Mark and they can litterally sit within milimeters of the top leaves and keep a fantastic even cannopy

They are also an advantage to growers with limited space and allow for a low rise veg room

I have seen bed boxes converted to these on the inside of the lid and removable staging to raise plants up and down to the tubes

Change the bulbs every 6 months and they last for yonks

Hi @@Clumsy nice job

Love

Arthur

• Like 1

Hi Mark

The T5's are a really nice bit of kit, good coverage and low running costs, although my 125CFL was still running after 4 years.

I'll keep the little one going so I can try and work out what I did to her, but she will get left behind as the others are flying. :yep:

Thanks @@arthur lee it was yourself and LXB's diary that made me get off my backside and put one up, if he can be pulling pots and covers around then the least I can do is put up some pictures :photo: of Dinafem's lovely plants.

With the short flowering time I thought I might just squeeze them in before christmas. :xmas: we'll see.

All the best.

C.

• Like 2

I do use t5 lights @@Dinafem-Mark and they can litterally sit within milimeters of the top leaves and keep a fantastic even cannopy

They are also an advantage to growers with limited space and allow for a low rise veg room

I have seen bed boxes converted to these on the inside of the lid and removable staging to raise plants up and down to the tubes

Change the bulbs every 6 months and they last for yonks

Hi @@Clumsy nice job

Love

Arthur

I think the closest I have personally used are cfls which work great for me. I can just take out my 600w/bulb, disconnect the ballast,stick a kettle/pc plug into my reflector, screw in new cfl and voila :)

Are t5s like a cfl strip light? And can they be got in blue and red spectrum..

All the best

D-M..

• 1 month later...

Hey All,

Apologies for lack of updates, have had a few unwanted distractions and a couple of logistical issues.

They were potted up to 1.5L a few weeks ago

1st Pot Up

and I have had limited access to them since then, which hasn't been ideal.

Anyway, they are now under a 400w HPS, not dual spectrum, (need to try and change this week)

and I am potting up to 5L, topping and trimming this week.

Here are a couple of pics, I'll get some more at the weekend.

SharkShockCBD1

SharkShockCBD2

SharkShockCBD3

All the best
C.
  • Like 2