Is there an afterlife?

TheStoneDuk

Cheers for sharing Sam, liked reading it.

Was a very interesting read. My reaction not too many years ago would be one of ridicule and calling you insane or something.

But I've read enough stories like your own to atleast not dismiss it off hand.

It's the very nature of this topic. It's so personal. To me the more different outlooks I hear just fascinates me what human consciousness can conceive and believe. The multitude of experiences bringing one to a truth...

• Like 2

My little stories seem so blunt compared to the metaphysical and abstract turn this thread's taken, not to mention completely absurd to all the scientific minds here lol

Not blunt at all mate, I find it interesting. My auntie and uncle have a lot of similar stories.

• Like 3

One thing which I've been taught over the years through my experience is we all create our own little worlds, photographically. Some people don't have this ability but most of us have to some degree.

Personally I think that these worlds we 'create' are just as real as the worlds we experience. Think of it like the entire world, or the entirety of concious species doing the same thing and they are creating a reality of their own.

I think this reality that they're creating exists. It's really confusing, utterly confusing. Maybe we might get some insights into it in the future who knows, some people think we might do by taking certain drugs and studying their effects.

I do think though that there's a lot more to reality than this because over the years I've experienced 'reality' in many different ways.

Edited by soto
  • Like 4

If there isn't something after,it seems such a waste to hae had all the experiences of life to have created such consciousness to have gained such knowledge for it all to just go into nothing.

eta or is that just my ego and it really doesn't mean anything and there is nothing and dead is dead ?

so then I ask whats the point, and then I remember my kids, who I have burdened with this quest, destined to ask the same questions, so I ask again whats the point?

fuck knows and no one knows and never will, so just live love and be happy :)

Edited by chronic1
  • Like 5

It's head-baffling but quite fascinating. Could go onto there's no real beginning and no real ending, like say space and time doesn't exist because there's no beginning and no ending so therefore it's just infinite. Sorry for going slightly off topic, going more on the lines of existence as a whole here, not an individuals life. My belief is that it's all spiritual, don't need to be religious to see it like that. Maybe Noel Edmonds has the answer :g:

• Like 1

Some religions and some people who claim to recall past lives describe meeting guides on the other side, something also claimed by people doing the stronger hallucinogenics such as DMT or ayahuasca. Perhaps then death and tripping are similar states,the guides are your consciousness's way of mediating what's going on, which I think sits well with holographic universe theory. Death is just a different holographic state imposing itself on our consciousnesses, which are not concretely located in this physical realm anyway - ( check out Karl Pribram and holonomics).

Another mediumship story for y'all to either love or hate. At the end of May I lost my longest running friend in this town, he had many mates and one who had known him since childhood went to see a clairvoyant. He didn't tell her anything, she told him who was on the other side wanting to speak to him and it was inded our departed friend. Apparently he was OK and enjoying the company of all his deceased friends, she then went on to name all the friends he and her customer had in common over their 40 years of knowing each other. It was a lot of names and she couldn't possibly have known any of them.

The friend who told me this is in the spiritualist church and has had some remarkable experiences involving recently pased loved ones. It isn't all wilful imagination and charlatanry, people on the other side/ different hologram/dimension whatever really can communicate with some people here.

• Like 2

What we make of death is the same as what we make of life, it's all an individuals perspective through experience. Isn't it said that the brain must come to a conclusion to everything (whether the conclusion is true or not) when we think about any one specific thing or the brain would just fault..?!?! :unsure: Just remember reading something about that., coping mechanism..?!?! :unsure:

When I do think about it I come up with different conclusions all the time, I guess it's just how my mind set is at that time. There are so many things we do not understand.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

It's always interesting to read other people's views on the afterlife etc

Pretty sure I've never had a NDE but am not in a hurry to find out what happens if anything lol

IMO, No

NDE is just your body has nearly shut down completely but the body keeps the brain going as the last chance, So you might be a little bit concious, OBE is probably just your brain trippin.

I have a long way until I die of old age but when it gets closer i will probably believe that there is an afterlife, when there isn't.

This afterlife, Would it only be for humans, who have the brain capacity to think of these things? Or for animals and maybe even plants too, who have never questioned what happens when they die?

The debate about OBE is a good one because whether it's the soul leaving the body momentarily, or, just the mind acting in strange ways when the physical body is in actual danger of dying? And it's just a dream of sorts. I don't know.

But my guess is its probably the brains way of shutting down, kind of like with the old TVs, when you used to switch them off and you'd get that little static dot in the middle of the screen for a few seconds lol

Life could be a hologram for all we know..

Plenty reports of OoBEs on a variety of psychedelics and other dissociatives.

Just a strange brain state rather than glimpse at afterlife.

Experienced it myself a couple times.

If there is what are you supposed to for all eternity? With no books, tv, drugs or the internet it's going to get bloody boring real quick.

If there is what are you supposed to for all eternity? With no books, tv, drugs or the internet it's going to get bloody boring real quick.

Bathe in the gloopy make up of the universe as you realise time has no relevance anymore. And just let it all gooooooo

Guest jacks lad

if we had access to 100% of our brain we would have no need for the body, as the body dies the mind prepares to leave the body behind, we would then enter a new dimention with no gateways behind us.