Is there an afterlife?

TheStoneDuk

Is there an afterlife or is death just a cessation of life. If there is an afterlife are you an autonomous being conscious of self of just part of an energy field and lose all sense of self?

Cocorosie - Afterlife Party

Just wonderin' like :unsure:

When I had my road accident I had a NDE on the operating table. Not highly significant but I heard the doctors talking about my readings from a distance of perhaps 4 or 5 feet left of my body and a 3 or 4 feet higher. One doctor said, "It shouldn't be doing that should it" there was a brief pause whilst the second doctor came to look at reading and then he replied, "No, no it shouldn't."

• Like 8

Is that not the gap inbetween though?

My solution is simple, i lost my mother young, if there was any way she could get through, any way all mothers in history could, then they would.

They don't, can't. So once yer dead yer dead.

• Like 5

That may just mean that the divide between the living and dead is impenetrable. It doesn't mean that your basic primal energy doesn't exist anymore :unsure:

• Like 5

Aye i get that. But i'd rather not think about that, purgetry and limbo and such, fuck that, yer dead, then your dead. and there's no point fucking with your head until youhave to.

• Like 1

you can go down the lines that yes your dead to earth, to all that knows you, and some whispy spirit/thought still exists in the ether, but it even sounds absurd as i typr it.

Edited by ANCB

Each to their own and all that but once your dead thats the end, one go only as far as I am concerned...........I may be pleasantly surprised one day but if not then I aint going to know so big cheeps!

:yinyang:

• Like 4

I dunno, but a hell of a lot of people believe in reincarnation.

There are reports of young children remembering parts of past lives, but who knows.

• Like 2

I firmly believe there is. Had a number of personal experiences that have left me in no doubt. But then I've always held this belief, so perhaps that's just confirmation bias some might say :g:

Decided to put my exploration into this aside some years ago as it was becoming quite an obsession, and not a healthy one.

Nowadays, I just think we'll all have the answer in a few short years anyway, so why dwell on the next stage of the journey.

• Like 6

@@wu-tang-sam

Any interest in sharing the experiences that have shaped your beliefs bud? Always interests me.

Anyone else with spiritual experiences always really fascinate me so would love any details.

@@Hir NDEs like that have happened to many. Out of body experiences are a fascinating but definitely real phenomenon. Had my first OoBE just meditating on weed. That blew my brain like nothing else...

For me it has only ever been psychedelics that have given me glimpses at what death may feel like. Or maybe even afterwards.

One time I remember fighting so hard, I could feel my ego being stripped away, it felt like my entire existence dieing. But when the loss of identity had happened. And I was just an empty body. I was filled with everything the universe ever was, is and can be. Eternity in a moment.

Another time when letting go at peaks and meditating into peak moments was less scary to me. I remember being in a place where I could feel my loved ones. Specifically my dead gran, the only living person I've been really personally effected by their death. I was told not to fear death. And a bit deep and personal here, but I was deep in suicidal ideation at the time. I was also told not to crave it. It was okay to just let life play out and death was just the next part of it.

The final part. Well, I really don't know. I've had periods of believing in an infinitely complex universal consciousness with the idea we return to it. But for now I'm happy not knowing.

My instinct still wants to say we rot, and any NDE and perceptions of afterlife are your brains way of dealing with death and just a hallucination, like much the rest of your life I suppose. Maybe your consciousness never ends though.

Maybe those last seconds of life, your brain releases enough chemicals to leave your consciousness feeling endless. Left in an ever lasting peak moment. Memories can be relived, dead relatives respoke to. Maybe.

• Like 15

My afterlife will involve rotting away and maggots eating me.

Then il become npk and maybe some macro and micro.

and your future ancestors will TokeItUp....

• Like 2