Starter set up?

vin p

I am taking the plunge and setting up in my garage too, just for percy, a few cycles through the warmer part of the year, maybe March/April through to September to start me off.

@@Buggster34 did you insulate your setup?

Not at all sexy but bigger fans can 1) Yield more. More fresh air coming in = more bud. A better fan makes a bigger difference than a better ballast. 2) Be quieter for the same airflow as a smaller fan. You only have to slow a fan down to about 80% and the noise is way less. So a slowed down larger fan can give better airflow with less noise than a smaller fan running at 100%. Also, larger diameter ducting is a lot less noisy for the same airflow. 3) Works out cheaper in the long run. You get more carbon per quid with bigger filters.

Don't buy a low power fan with the intention of using a carbon filter with it, High power fans are designed to be used with carbon filters.

• Like 3

@@Buggster34

with a fan that size (4"), you'd be ok running a 250w HPS but would struggle with high temps with a 400w light never mind a 600w,

a 5" ruck fan would cope with a 600w light in the winter but come summer, you'll have high temps & would be better getting a 6" fan & filter,

then you'll run into another problem if stealth is a must & the grow has to be as quiet as possible, you'll need to invest in a decent fan controller

to slow your fan down, it'll also be useful to help you stabilize your grow room temps simply by turning the fan up or down to suit your temps.

as for what nutes to use, i guess you've started started your seeds off in soil ?

if it is, a lot of folk recommend a company called plant magic for their nutes & other grow beneficials, if you want to go down the organic route,

they do a grow (veg) & bloom (flower) called OldTimers but if organic doesn't bother you then they do another range called soil, same again

it comes in grow & bloom but it also comes in either soft water or hard water versions, if you dont know what your waters like at your location,

just do a soft/hard water search & you'll soon find out.

also, if you dont mind me saying, most of here on the site are old cunts & dont always get txt talk lol

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...