Starter set up?

vin p

Hi everyone I'm trying to decide on what I need to start growing.... Going to set up in my garage and would love some ideas and links to what I'll need.. only going to be starting with 4 or 5 plants or so.. thanks in advance ;)

Carbon filter and fan are essential. Work out how much you will smoke and if you want to grow continuously as this will tell you what size fan, filter and light you will need. You will also have to take into consideration how much space you have to use in your garage and how you are going to get rid of the hot, stale air to outside the garage.

Most people seem to use a 600w light, a 6 inch fan and filter and a 1 square meter tent (1m(w) X 1M(D) X 2M(H) and this can produce 20+ oz for an experienced grower in 3-4 months from seed to finish. A first timer should expect about 10 oz but your sucess depends on how much work and learning you are prepared to do. (amongst other things)

• Like 2

I would say the major considerations are, what tent you want, which then relates to what wattage of light you want and then what extraction you will need to keep it cool enough for your plants, im in 1.2/1,2/2m tent i use 6" fan with 8" filter using a 600w light. might need a heater because u dont want ur roots getting too cold. other things to consider are temp/hydro gauge, timers, contactor relay, possibly a controller for your fan for noise reduction (so you can turn it down) pots, medium, nutrients, light hangers! syringes.

hi vin p Welcome to the Brother and Sisterhood of the Light. Keep it simple Try to get cloned plants from a mate if not make sure to take cuttings from each plant you grow even the best seeds sometimes produce something special. Hurry up if you want Juicy bud for Crimbol Good Luck Muddy

Thanks everyone.. I'm liking the keep it simple idea lol.. I won't be smoking any, I want to make oil to help my friends dad who has leukaemia.. ;)

• Like 5

• 3 weeks later...

dont be tempted by cheap grow tent kits. the packages can be at best unsuitable and at worst dangerous.

Its better to choose what you need after a bit of research, then search for the best price online

Edited by juicyfruit

• 4 weeks later...

Yeah heat will be your main issue come winter so growing auto's might be an idea as you can run the light 20/4 or even 24 hours a day which will help a lot with temperature.

Nice thing you are doing :thumsup:

Gumbo.

• 2 months later...

Hi everyone ive just bought a 1.2 x1.2 x 2 metre tent wiv fans n a 600w light and ive germinated 10 big buddha cheese sedds aswell as 4 jack herers cutting its all new to me and i was just wondering whats the best nutrients too start off with can anyone tell me plz