Weight slang

cityslang

Just remembered some from the pre digital scale days.

A penny was an eighth as the coin weighs 3.5g

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

Just remembered some from the pre digital scale days.

A penny was an eighth as the coin weighs 3.5g

Actually just over (3.56) so if you weighed an oz with 8 1p coins it would look like it was underweight by half a g. 2p coins are double that at 7.12g. Does mean that my dealers when I was a kid were all giving me slightly heavy deals, which was nice.

• Like 3

Just remembered one that was used a lot when I was at school but that I haven't heard in years - a blim for a joint's worth of hash.

blim for us just meant any small bit, right down to the crumbs you'd end up with in the joint itself after crumbling (just realised the connection between crumb and crumbling/crumbled :doh: ), hence blim burn, the result of a hot rock.

And on that note;

• Like 4

Was just replying to orginal post 👍 sorry for trying to get involved aha 😞

:doh: sorry, missed that. Yeah, no idea what the cockney rhyming slang of Henry is, or how it would relate to an eighth.

Glass of water , quarter

When texting i say tea bag , ten bag

Bag of sand , grand

Box , kilo

Tin of spam . Gram (ok i made that up lol)

Henry is the oldest.

When i got busted i had a text saying ur black mate, talking bout a coloured lad. Some dopey cop cirfled the word black and wrote in a bubble, "street slang for hashish" fukin dimwits aint they

• 2 months later...