respecting beliefs

Guest bazzad9

You can respect someones right to a belief without actually respecting there belief itself..... No?

Can you partially differentiate something?

I don't see what being able to differentiate something has to do with it Hir and you sound really arrogant, in fact I don't think you know what you are talking about to be honest because theres plenty of stuff thats extremely difficult or impossible to differntiate so its like you are using a gap in someones knowledge to take some sort of high ground

Do you think your more intelligent than Baz because you can differentiate a simple sine

Too many pathetic arguments on these boards these days, some of them have been going on for years, where is the love?

:yinyang:

@@Davey Jones

It's been 35 years/ I could probably do a simple one 4x^3 = 12x^4 yes? (or 12x^2 can't remember if you add or subtract with the power think you add)

How's Bazz going to get close to understanding the Quantum World without calculus @@Davey Jones

Edited by Hir

No Hir

Sorry dude I have no problem with you in general but I have a big problem with arrogant people thinking they better than someone else over their qualifications its an appalling attitude and its a sign of insecurity

in your example theres one variable, x, its a ridiculous example as its clear just by inspection x= 1/3, its not even a differential equation

But what I was saying is that differentiation isn't enough, its quite a basic idea but to model real world problems like you are talking about requires partial differential equations (its in three dimensions), have a look at Laplaces heat equation, or maybe even start on the 1D wave equation, not the easiest topic to try and tackle

Even these models aren't perfect, the real world is too complex so its always just a model, to write off baz from a discussion because he can't differentiate is ridiculous especially when you havent got the required skills either so maybe it is time to draw a line in the sand and stop trolling Baz at every opportunity

Lifes short and its precious theres better things to do

Edited by Davey Jones

No Hir

Sorry dude I have no problem with you in general but I have a big problem with arrogant people thinking they better than someone else over their qualifications its an appalling attitude and its a sign of insecurity

in your example theres one variable, x, its a ridiculous example as its clear just by inspection x= 1/3, its not even a differential equation

But what I was saying is that differentiation isn't enough, its quite a basic idea but to model real world problems like you are talking about requires partial differential equations (its in three dimensions), have a look at Laplaces heat equation, or maybe even start on the 1D wave equation, not the easiest topic to try and tackle

Even these models aren't perfect, the real world is too complex so its always just a model, to write off baz from a discussion because he can't differentiate is ridiculous especially when you havent got the required skills either so maybe it is time to draw a line in the sand and stop trolling Baz at every opportunity

Lifes short and its precious theres better things to do

I don't think I'm better, I wasn't being snide encouraging him to study formally

I'm a fairly poor A level/ Uni student at maths not so much but in the important errors only barely adequate, physics could have done it but I wasn't interested enough at that stage once I realise I would need to work 50 hours plus a week. I don't like physics that much! And as a 'mature' student I was hanging out with sociology and philosophy and arts students so I switched. Zen And The Art Of MotorBike Maintenance styli, I study for me not for a career and did arts because I wanted to understand capitalist society just for me, no other reason.

Edited by Hir

I would also encourage him to study, his reasons for not studying don't make sense to me and in fact I will add that Baz not studying is a waste, he is wasted

the best thing Baz could ever do is take a GCSE in maths, part time distance learning whatever, an A level in maths is IMO the most powerful qualification at that level, it allows you to go onto great things but even on its own it is very very useful

I have been pissed at Baz's attitude to religion before but I know he means no harm, I love science but I love the unexplained too and I don't think Baz gives the unexplained as much credit as it deserves, theres too much unexplained but then who is perfect?, no one is, I believe Baz is one of the good guys on UK420 and its really dissapointing to see arguments all the time

let bygones be bygones mate, its just negative energy, get ya self some DMT if you don't understand this and break through! relish in the unexplained whatever theres just much better things to do than protracted arguments but please still call people cunts from time to time as that is you and thats fine

I declare this internet argument fukin over, it went the distance and its a draw

• Like 10

I would also encourage him to study, his reasons for not studying don't make sense to me and in fact I will add that Baz not studying is a waste, he is wasted

the best thing Baz could ever do is take a GCSE in maths, part time distance learning whatever, an A level in maths is IMO the most powerful qualification at that level, it allows you to go onto great things but even on its own it is very very useful

I have been pissed at Baz's attitude to religion before but I know he means no harm, I love science but I love the unexplained too and I don't think Baz gives the unexplained as much credit as it deserves, theres too much unexplained but then who is perfect?, no one is, I believe Baz is one of the good guys on UK420 and its really dissapointing to see arguments all the time

let bygones be bygones mate, its just negative energy, get ya self some DMT if you don't understand this and break through! relish in the unexplained whatever theres just much better things to do than protracted arguments but please still call people cunts from time to time as that is you and thats fine

I declare this internet argument fukin over, it went the distance and its a draw

Because of the science people were listening to him and he was trying via that kudos to deprive people of a metaphysical dimension to their lives. That is arrogant as he was wrong.

Only reason I took the nasty position I did to get Bazz to shut the fuck up. No offence really meant Bazz.

Edited by Hir
  • Like 1

Guest bazzad9

To be clear regarding maths I have discalculia so all the lessons in the world won't make a difference. Told a few on here but never posted it

Never has stopped me yet though

And I appreciate you don't want to get into the double slit again, we did that and it turned out I had a better grasp. Even without maths.... I rest my case

To be clear regarding maths I have discalculia so all the lessons in the world won't make a difference. Told a few on here but never posted it

Never has stopped me yet though

And I appreciate you don't want to get into the double slit again, we did that and it turned out I had a better grasp. Even without maths.... I rest my case

Unfortunately. I'm English language dyslexic and I got a degree. You have to find coping mechanisms.

Guest bazzad9

Because of the science people were listening to him and he was trying via that kudos to deprive people of a metaphysical dimension to their lives. That is arrogant as he was wrong.

Only reason I took the nasty position I did to get Bazz to shut the fuck up. No offence really meant Bazz.

but again thats not what happens ,i get it suits to paint it that way but i prefer the truth

person X makes claim and i ask them to back it up ,its that simple ....the problem comes when its backed up by nonsense ,again the double slit ,a misunderstanding of it used to point to the other realm and i beleive thats where we got started on it in the first place

so how was i wrong then Hir ? can you show the metaphysical dimension ?

its easy to get me to shut up ...show where im wrong ......looks better than trying any other means to get me to shut up

basicly some have some funny ideas about stuff and think we should accept them and they get shitty when we dont

Guest bazzad9

Unfortunately. I'm English language dyslexic and I got a degree. You have to find coping mechanisms.

and thats exactly what i do Hir as stated in the same post ........

you seem to be judging what i am and am not capable of without any knowledge of it .when i seem to hold my own quite well in understanding stuff

Guest bazzad9

i see the same old pattern

i post something and that gets ignored and the thread becomes about what i do and dont know ,how clever i am or not etc

lets discuss the video for example and we can find out

My English was so poor I got cse 3 and 1 was equivalent of an o level. I had to take English o level, proper o level, twice because you can't get to uni without it. Stop whinging and get on with it man!

(e2a: even if your doing sciences, needed the English o level)

argue for your own limitations and they are sure to be yours Illusions Richard Bach

Edited by Hir