Vero 29 build

rosswaa

Would that mean if I ran 2 cobs on the 150w driver they would be running at 700ma each? Then 3 would be around 450ma

Would that be a better option than running them at 1.4a each in a smaller space

I'd only be looking at running 2 for now

LEDs in this case are a constant current device and as such needs a constant current power supply;

the LED driver I mentioned will always output the same current providing you adhere to the maximum stated output voltage.

For example, MW LPC 150 1400 - the Max Vo is 108V. it will deliver 1.4A between 54 -108V. beyond that range it will probably just shut down.

Its not recommenced to run cobs in parallel; and few people do in practice.

1 driver for each cob is okay, but the wiring gets messy, its even more kit to set up, and likely less efficient to boot.

I'm running 4 cobs @ 0.7A in series from 1 recom 100W driver, by box is 1.5 x 1.5 ft -

Edited by Badders

if you have a look in the thread I started there are some pictures in there, Lean Mcsheen and kytaez also have pics of their builds.

If i got a MW CEN-100-42

Would it run 2 vero29s? I know it'll run the one and it's adjustable which would be handy I could just dial it down to suit

Actually if there is an equivalent recom driver it would be easier for me to get one of them. I could get it all from one place

Edited by rosswaa

MW CEN 100-42. ==== Max Output Voltage = 42v

Vero 29 Voltage = 38V. * 2 = 76V.

that driver will not operate 2 vero 29's. (unless you run them in parallel)

You need a driver which can supply min 76V

from recom you could go for

-- RACD 150 - 1400 / 1050 / 700

hope that helps dude!

Edited by Badders

if I was was your I would do it like this;

2 x vero 29

1 x recom racd 150 1050 (150w)

2 x AC a11 heatsinks

5v ac - dc power supply for cpu fan.

only thing with recoms is they need a 0-10v signal to dim them, most MW's allow for a pot which is cheaper and simpler to implement.

Think I'm going with 2 vero29s

2 of these drivers

Input Voltage: AC: 110-265V 50/60Hz

Output Voltage: DC: 20-39V

Output Current: DC: 1500MA±5%

Output Power: 50W Max

Water Proof: IP66

And whatever heatsinks I find

What driver would you recommend for the CPU fans? Only want something cheap

Needs to be a budget build lol

phone chargers normally output about 5V, check the casing for the details. I used one for a few months no problems

I've picked up 2x Arctic 11 pros. And a wardrobe.

I've started a grow with an Arcadia small led lamp and a 2700k cfl which will be changed next week when IV got the veros set up.

From there I'll work on the wardrobe to get it stealthy etc should give me more headroom when needed

I've picked up 2x Arctic 11 pros. And a wardrobe.

I've started a grow with an Arcadia small led lamp and a 2700k cfl which will be changed next week when IV got the veros set up.

From there I'll work on the wardrobe to get it stealthy etc should give me more headroom when needed

• 8 months later...

Sorryto but in chaps but do any of u know of a supplier of vero 29 or high quality COBs in general that does not charge crippling p and p on small orders pease?