Vero 29 build

rosswaa

Waiting on the vero 2's, been told a few weeks till they're out so no point rushing for them.

Nice one mate would appreciate it

is the datasheet on the bridgelux website for the current series on the new series?

also philips have announced some big reveal on the 15th april for their new cob, quite interested to see what they have come up with, there last installment was early 2014..

What are your thoughts on the CXB range? any reason you decided vero?

Tried to PM you, will do as soon as you can accept.

The subject of chlorophyll absorption is a prickly one, you try telling someone who uses HID about spectral dis. graphs hahahaha - ( l nearly broke the forum a few weeks ago, people were pretty mad at me for making suggestions against the opinion of the vanguard; witch hunt springs to mind) Anyway, I digress.

No witch hunt, people calling you out on bullshit which you couldn't substantiate

Start of it: http://www.uk420.com/boards/index.php?showtopic=354990&page=9

And it kept going: http://www.uk420.com/boards/index.php?showtopic=355082

No witch hunt, just you not accepting that you're bigging a product, without having any to reference it to; sure you claim to have never grown

Edited by Superdedupity
  • Like 1

Badders still talking bollocks, what a surprise, why don't you stick to the other forum you keep harping on about ffs.

• Like 2

Nah not found the second series sheets yet all I know is a 5-10% efficiency increase, should be interesting to see what Phillips have coming then but would have to be something special

Cxbs should be really good if the cxas are anything to go by, only going with the veros on price point and they have awesome things being said about them.

Go hijack some other thread if you have no input please guys

Yea the CXB datsheets look great, as you point out, a plus being the lower Vf for same drive current compared to the CXA's.

I've done a few (basic) sums on the sizing of semi passive heatsinks so I'll post that up with a price later and a link, (just waiting on price and some calculation confirmation...). I'd hate to see a burnt out cxb 3070 because my shitty 5V adapter died :P

my plan know is to run 100W light in my 47 x 45cm box. (~ 40W per sq foot)

I'm gonna make that up with 4 x 700mA cxb 3070 or vero_2/29. I can't really decide,

cree have better eff when driven softer,

brigelux have more individual emitters in there cob so each junction has a propotionally smaller amount of heat to dissipate. They're also a doodle to fit.

hmm... I'm pretty satisfied atm with 2x vero 29's @ 1.4A & 1.2A.

I just wanna stick more cobs down haha

Edited by Badders

Not to shabby, what sort of price would a pair of 80ws be? I'll take a proper look when I'm not working but I'm thinking 2 vero_2 29s at 1400, could just go to town and run them at 3.1 and get some liquid coolers lol

Nah not found the second series sheets yet all I know is a 5-10% efficiency increase, should be interesting to see what Phillips have coming then but would have to be something special

Cxbs should be really good if the cxas are anything to go by, only going with the veros on price point and they have awesome things being said about them.

Go hijack some other thread if you have no input please guys

None of this has been directed at you, @@Badders has been the king of thread hijackers, too often without any knowledge to back it up.

Take what he says with a pinch of salt, and any information he gives you make sure you verify with a trusted source, sorry for butting in on your thread @@rosswaa

None of this has been directed at you, @@Badders has been the king of thread hijackers, too often without any knowledge to back it up.

Take what he says with a pinch of salt, and any information he gives you make sure you verify with a trusted source, sorry for butting in on your thread @@rosswaa

Its cool, I didn't come here for the drama though just some sources that sell the stuff at good prices but from what iv seen badders is pretty clued up. Dunno what he's said that's pissed a few people off but he seems legit

Just read back through the threads if you want rosswaa. there enittled

1) http://www.uk420.com/boards/index.php?showtopic=354990 --

2) http://www.uk420.com/boards/index.php?showtopic=355082 --

I'm afraid there quite long - Ill Leave it up to you to decide who de railed the threads......

digikey are good for cobs. LSDpower emailed me back yesterday wit some broken english haha, might take a bit of back and forth

• Like 1

hey guys,

I've also been looking for some reliable drivers which don't cost the earth. @@Badders I'll be interested on how you get on with LSD, but i' guessing you could be up for a trippie {GROAN} email exchange... enough with the puns. I've been looking on fleebay and came across these

Led Driver

The 600mA is £4.95, 900mA is £8.45 and the 1.5A is £11.95. I was just about to order 3 x 1.5a was wondering if anyone has had any experience of these cheep drivers.

Indecently if you search for Waterprood Led driver transformer power supply 48v not much else comes up.

I might get some see how they are...

ATB Ole

The only thing iv seen about the cheap drivers is they won't power a vero, but will a cxa as its out of vf and the veros are more picky. But that could be wrong. Iv not seen anyone actually trying

Iv been busy with my chameleon as the marine shop messed up the water and he's now in a bad way but I'm getting round to taking a peek at some other possibilities

@@olesmokie - I just had a fast tech driver die on me, cost £10 for 1A (measured @ 750mA) - If I were you, I would shell out a bit extra and get a meanwell or recom, typically they will have PF correction and be >90% efficient. + dimmable if you pay a little more. For 1 cob have a look at the mean lpc 60 1400. good starter until you get the bug :P

Whats your total power alllowance?

@@rosswaa, its the Vf (forward voltage) of the COB that determines whether a driver will power it or not,

e.g

Vero 29 @ 700mA - 37V

cree cxa3070 @ 700mA 36V

v29@2000mA ~ 40V

(off top of my head, datasheets are there if you want accurate )

IF you get a driver with a Vo of say 75V that could just run 2 V29's@ 700mA (37*2=74V) but it wouldn't drive 2 V29's@ 2000mA. (2*40=80V) (it might drive it but not at the rated current)

Hope that makes sense.

B

Edited by Badders

@@Badders total power 150w, 3 x 50w. 3x cxa3070 AB running at 1.4A. Mouser have them for £13.32 each and if I get 4 I'll get free deliver but they won't have stock until 6/4/2015. Which I guess isn't that long now.

I have thought about running 2 cobs of one driver and one of another but haven't found any with either enough power or voltage depending on parallel or series wiring. Do you know of any?

Do you have reliable suppliers in the UK who are reasonably priced?

Cheer. Ole