Vero 29 build

rosswaa

I'm looking at building a pair of vero 29s but struggling to find a decent priced driver for them anyone got any ideas in cheapest/ best ones to drive with the lpc-60-1400 are pretty expensive over here compared to america :(

• Like 1

I ordered my lpc-60-1400 from the USA and had them shipped over

There is a European site that sells them for £11.76, i'd drop a link but i don't think it's allowed

:oldtoker:

Dam, I can't even use the messaging system yet :(

Did you have to pay customs?

Edited by rosswaa

I found tme, they're 35.99 for a pair delivered

i can't remember if thats good or not lol. I'm not sure if i had to pay customs either, Jameco may have paid it for me i can't remember

:oldtoker:

Jameco looked like a good option but when I try and fill in shipping details it doesn't let me put a state/province in so can't go any further lol

Are you running one driver per COB?

some things you might consider;

1) Do you want dimming functionality or not?

2) what flavour are you getting? 3000 / 4000 / 5000 ?

3) Are you passive or active cooling? (heatinks)

4) What is your desired power output from the system

5) lots of drivers on rs/dk

you have actually read stuff before posting. nice one lol,

are you sure you want 3000k, 4000k offers slightly better lumens/w. (check out mr flux set up on riu)

What heatsink / fan combo are you using?

sorry for the questions, just interested in other peoples set up. Yours sounds very similar to mine, i had a cheapy 700mA fast tech driver die yesterday and am looking for something suitable to acheive about 100W either 4 @ 700 or 2 @ 1000. There are supposdely some new drivers coming out 'soon' which look like a rip off of meanwell but they have alot more choice in terms of Vo and Io.

Dimming is nice, but i've never dimmed my recom, just cranked it up hahaha. How big is your room box?

Edited by Badders
  • Like 1

I'm also interested in migrating from my AC_A11_p to a semi passive heatsink. Lots of study has shown if your fan dies on a cpu cooler then close fin spacing acts (thermally) like a big block. cxa's have died @ 700mA on AC_A11_p with no fan.

Iv been looking at LEDs since the cxa 3050s. These seem the best setups well most popular.

If the amount of lumens is greater from 4000k but not as use able from the plant is it a better choice? I'm not saying its not just curious as to whether the plant would use more of the 3000k light thus making it the more effective cob

My box is pretty small, its a bedside chest of drawers converted.

Also that's good thinking about the ac 11s and probably something that is often overlooked. I'll keep an eye out on passive options

Tried to PM you, will do as soon as you can accept.

The subject of chlorophyll absorption is a prickly one, you try telling someone who uses HID about spectral dis. graphs hahahaha - ( l nearly broke the forum a few weeks ago, people were pretty mad at me for making suggestions against the opinion of the vanguard; witch hunt springs to mind) Anyway, I digress.

From what I recall 4000K was reported as being equally as good for flower, but marginally better for veg, plus slightly better lm/w output.

Are you in a rush for getting going? LSD drivers are meanwell replicas there is a website with datsheets but I haven't found any suppliers yet. They look ideal ; resistance dim option and loads of flavours.

my box is 450 x 450 x 950 tall. I'm aiming for ~ 100W light - I'm exploring semi passive heatinks at the moment, I'll let you know what I come up with. heatsinks birmingham look promising.

Yeh people tend to hate new methods lol even if they have proven results.

Nah mate I'm in no rush, just getting things set up ready. Are these LSD drivers on google? I'll have to take a look

Dimmable could be handy if output is to much for the size of box, would be able to control any bleaching

I'll have to keep an eye out about the passives then

I'm new to this forum so got a way to go before I can use the message system

their website is lsd power dot commerce - a few people are waiting so i'll let you know if there any movements, theres a few threads on another forum with a lot of info on cobs riu, analysis, heatsink sizing etc.

have you bought the cobs yet btw? cxb's are out and vero 2_ series is due soon..