Cannabis legalisation Leaflets

brendog

and also under it

"We've been able to drop tobacco use without being coercive and we used FACT based advertising and focused efforts on things that matter, instead of things that don't work"

Earl Blumenauer, US congressman

@@brendog I don't think arnie wants the laws to stay the way they are. theres a lot of folk here on uk420 support normalization not legalization. theres a difference. me I want legalization, im not a fan of the idea of the monopolisation of weed but if that what it takes for me to be able to grow my own, smoke in public, buy weed from a dispensary and chill in a coffee shop then im all for legalization. the sooner the better. go hand your leaflets out dude :oldtoker:

• Like 3

@@brendog I don't think arnie wants the laws to stay the way they are. theres a lot of folk here on uk420 support normalization not legalization. theres a difference. me I want legalization, im not a fan of the idea of the monopolisation of weed but if that what it takes for me to be able to grow my own, smoke in public, buy weed from a dispensary and chill in a coffee shop then im all for legalization. the sooner the better. go hand your leaflets out dude :oldtoker:

Fair enough but i'm trying to make it come across as like tobacco you can't smoke near people for second hand smoking etc, its not fair on people who don't want it right in there face and like alcohol you can't drink it in alcohol free zones, so hopefully getting people on board who before wouldn't be. Have to tread carefully or things will stay the same and minimize the appeal that people who never have or will use it, with it being legal would negatively effect them or they will not change their mind.

Edited by brendog

And also its LEGAL to make your own beer for personal consumption, but not everyone does because its easier to buy from a shop or a pub (even when the price is so high)

Edited by brendog

Guest Nu Jerzey Devil

I think its good your trying to change peoples opinions on cannabis ect. but what is it your trying to achieve as handing out leaflets isnt going to achieve much other than changing some peoples opinions. It is good but its not going to change anything really.

I have heard people before saying they had got an MP to back there cause in order for the issue to be raised at a government level, then you could try and change laws or get a vote on laws. if you did this and handed out leaflets then you may get further.

In order to get far in this you really got to know your stuff, legally, morally, infact virtually every in and out there is to cannabis.

You would need be able to hold your ground with professional people from all walks of life and not have any slip ups.

Its not just enough to have a fondness for cannabis and a desire to have it legalized, which really should just be enough but its not, you got to be able to know your shit and show it. This I am affraid seems to be the stumbling block that many more before you have fallen at.

There are members on here that know loads about cannabis but I can bet even they will question if they know enough to be able to be successful in that arena

best wishes all tbe same

tbh I think the laws will change because the cops cant afford to police it anymore rather than us lot getting togeather to try and make them change there minds using our opinions about it, its never got us anywhere in the past. so flood the system so it cant cope seems the way to change

oh and another thing... dont make the school boy error of going public with this when you got a grow on or possess any cannabis during your endevours as you will be under the a micro scope and if you got caught cultivating or possesing cannabis you will just become another person who tried and failed

Edited by Nu Jerzey Devil
  • Like 3

I admire your enthusiasm and desire to make a change. I think we all felt something needed to be said when we realised we'd been duped by the "drugs are bad" message! I think others are right though to direct you to other avenues, even if it is just focussing your leaflets on a more targeted audience. I think the people you need to address are those over 60, Daily Mail reading folk. Maybe you'd be more effective just having a charming chat with those type of folks, armed with the knowledge to correct their misconceptions?

Anything you do is a plus but do try and focus your energies wisely before it dispirits you.

• Like 1

I think its good your trying to change peoples opinions on cannabis ect. but what is it your trying to achieve as handing out leaflets isnt going to achieve much other than changing some peoples opinions. It is good but its not going to change anything really.

I have heard people before saying they had got an MP to back there cause in order for the issue to be raised at a government level, then you could try and change laws or get a vote on laws. if you did this and handed out leaflets then you may get further.

In order to get far in this you really got to know your stuff, legally, morally, infact virtually every in and out there is to cannabis.

You would need be able to hold your ground with professional people from all walks of life and not have any slip ups.

Its not just enough to have a fondness for cannabis and a desire to have it legalized, which really should just be enough but its not, you got to be able to know your shit and show it. This I am affraid seems to be the stumbling block that many more before you have fallen at.

There are members on here that know loads about cannabis but I can bet even they will question if they know enough to be able to be successful in that arena

best wishes all tbe same

tbh I think the laws will change because the cops cant afford to police it anymore rather than us lot getting togeather to try and make them change there minds using our opinions about it, its never got us anywhere in the past. so flood the system so it cant cope seems the way to change

oh and another thing... dont make the school boy error of going public with this when you got a grow on or possess any cannabis during your endevours as you will be under the a micro scope and if you got caught cultivating or possesing cannabis you will just become another person who tried and failed

Thanks, but i don't grow and rarely even smoke it any more as i want specific types and strains and never know what I'm getting

rarely even smoke it any more as i want specific types and strains and never know what I'm getting

you should try growing your own :)

• Like 3

I do but i just throw seeds outside in random places then go back in September and see if anything is there ;) but not at home as i would get too paranoid and shit so not worth it

Edited by brendog

Guest Nu Jerzey Devil

and forget about changing the laws, grow your own whilst sticking your middle finger up to prohibition

• Like 4

Guest Nu Jerzey Devil

I do but i just throw seeds outside in random places then go back in September and see if anything is there ;) but not at home as i would get too paranoid and shit so not worth it

the johnny hemp seed philosophy. did it once myself till I realized how irresponsible it was. your leaving it where anyone can get it... including kids

• Like 2

many politicians, scientists, ex world leaders, activists etc are all rallying for drug laws to be changed, as others have said your pamphlet through your peoples doors isn't going to change anything than perhaps a small handful of peoples opinions, which in itself is a good thing, the bigger picture isn't going to change.

Edited by Golden Syrup

many politicians, scientists, ex world leaders, activists etc are all rallying for drug laws to be changed, as others have said your pamphlet through your peoples doors isn't going to change anything than perhaps a small handful of peoples opinions, which in itself is a good thing, the bigger picture isn't going to change.

Better than note, Snowball effect.

and forget about changing the laws, grow your own whilst sticking your middle finger up to prohibition

i thought about that but rather do it legally and not risk wasting my life in jail

the johnny hemp seed philosophy. did it once myself till I realized how irresponsible it was. your leaving it where anyone can get it... including kids

its in the middle of no where in a secluded space don't worry i'm not chucking them around parks :')