Orange Hill Special, Night Queen and more

shire

My first seed pop of 2015 and this time we have 2 Night Queen, a heavy hitting indica along with 2 Orange Hill Special. A cross of Orange Bud and Californian Orange which I have wanted to try since it was released recently. I will also be doing 3 unnamed DP seeds as I managed to get confused and lost the plot a bit, we will see .......looking forward to trying them all, oh yes :)

The plants are around 2 weeks from seed and are under the 110w propagation light in a DS60 where they will be staying until space is available for around another 3 weeks. They will end up in 10L airpots in a coco pebble mix , using Canna nutes.

A pic from tonight and hope all are nicely stoned :oldtoker:

gallery_72178_6911_252145.jpg

• Like 10

• 2 weeks later...

Shire mate;...... all the best Rizotonic vibes to yuz DP Dames Selection Choice, .....man.......luv that color at 14-16 days, you may need more than 110w bro....!!............ they are looking hungry and ready to explode,...............keep em lean mate, good work Shire....

I am running a mixed grow as well Shire.........BB + BV + WW + Outlaw. And already i am jumping about with the res, Ph & Ec & Temp. Some need a 5.5 feed to bring down soil Ph, so i do those and then bring res upto 6.5 Ph, and do the rest of them. The 5.5 Ph feed is brought up to Ec 0.4, and fed, (BB + BV) then upto the 6.5 Ph feed, which is then brought upto Ec 0.7 and fed...........

..... so i can attend the different requirements of the selection box !! tricky !!........ as well as monitoring the Ec of run off, to check nute salt concentrations in the soil media, essential in 4ltr cultivar vessels !!............... while making sure the soil is 21c, by raising the vessels into that stratified temp in culture space, while attempting to select and group them for canopy evenness...!!

They look some cracking pheno's you got there Shire............ good luck with them, to the finish line, allway's a nice time to harvest "Mid Summer".......... you aint far outa sync with me bro.............happy summers................. Automaster

• Like 2

Cheers Tony, if all goes as well as the last ones I am in for an easy grow.

Thanks for popping in @@AutoMaster. Yes they were indeed a little hungry in my last post. I always seem to underfeed at the start of my grows and build the feed up. Preferring to try and keep them a lime green rather than too dark. Learning all the time though.

I have not yet tried the BB or Outlaw, but the WW and BV are both fantastic smokes, enjoy your grow and smokes sir !

Plants were all topped a few days ago and are now under the 600, they are liking it. Will get the potting up done at the weekend when I get some free time. They are on 1.5ml of A/B and rhizo, temps are all stable. Got a bit of a system upgrade planned in the next couple of weeks so starting to get a bit excited.

A pic from tonight and hope all are nicely stoned :oldtoker:

gallery_72178_6911_265588.jpg

Edited by shire
  • Like 6

• 3 weeks later...

Been a few weeks since I last updated, been well busy with work, stuff and also with my grow upgrade, happy days :)

The 1.2m tent has gone and I now have a shiny new 2.4 x 1.2 tent. Only had it up few days, loving the extra space. Being able to get into the tent to water is most enjoyable. I had considered adding another 600 to make it a 1200w hps grow but did not like the idea of my hobby costing 20 quid a week in electricity as my main reason for the bigger tent was not to double the yield of a 1.2 tent, but just to give me and the plants a bit more space to work with and be a bit more enjoyable.... and I can now crop "in tent"

So I have added a Holographic series 1 Led light to the 600w hps. I really wanted to get two of the new leds but the wallet would not allow, so one will have to do for now. I have four plants under the 600hps and 3 plants under the 75w led. Looking forward to the next couple of months .

Plants are on 1.5ml A+B and 1ml Rhizo. Temps are all good. Will probably give them another two weeks till flip now that there is more space.

Hope all are nicely stoned and a couple of pics from tonight..

the hps side

gallery_72178_6911_278718.jpg

the led side

gallery_72178_6911_403250.jpg

• Like 13

Have them plants been under the led the whole time? How would you say the growth has been under just 75w? I'm looking forward to this because I trust you'll give an honest and truthful review of the led. They all look very happy so far. Atb shire mate

• Like 2

I'm looking forward to this because I trust you'll give an honest and truthful review of the led.

me too :yep: , looking forward to seeing how you get on shire, all the best mate.

• Like 2

@@greenvigilante, @@K-B and @@Shogun. I really am well excited about this grow. The plants have only been in the bigger tent with the LED for six days. I have my 600 bulb running from front to back of the tent with the reflector bent down to let as little of the HPS light from reaching the LED side of the tent. I will get some pics up at the weekend of the setup, and thanks for the confidence in me doing an open and honest grow and review. Cheers lads, off to work with a grin, happy days :)

• Like 3

@@greenvigilante, @@K-B and @@Shogun. I really am well excited about this grow. The plants have only been in the bigger tent with the LED for six days. I have my 600 bulb running from front to back of the tent with the reflector bent down to let as little of the HPS light from reaching the LED side of the tent. I will get some pics up at the weekend of the setup, and thanks for the confidence in me doing an open and honest grow and review. Cheers lads, off to work with a grin, happy days :)

defo mate:) plants look really healthy mate nice work so far:)

• Like 1

Looking good shire, it should be an interesting few weeks on a few different levels. Good luck with it all :-)