Do you know which god you worship?

Hughie Green

Guest bazzad9

"They do blaspheme who say Allah is one of three in a Trinity, for there is no god except One Alah".Surah 5:73

is that a yes i got it right ?

or not ?

Guest bazzad9

Basically the christian god is not the same as allah. God is holy trinity etc but allah is only one if that makes any sense. No trinity etc

not all christians beleive in the trinity though so it cant be the only factor

I believe most if not all religions began with altered states of consciousness, fasting, sitting in darkness, trance dancing can all produce

altered states and have been used by native peoples, as have many plants and fungi, interesting area but probably needs another thread lol

@@Hughie Green so start it :)

I agree with you. I'd be more specific and say that it is mystical experience (spiritual / religious), the experience of being at one with the all. The question is, once you've had the experience, what do you do with it? :)

NC

• Like 1

Yes i do, There is no god but Allah and Muhammed (pbuh) is his messenger.

Allah or Al ilah (the god) is the Arabic version of Elohim, El and Al share the same Semitic root, Allah is El, both mean god and both were used as the name for god long before the time of Mohammed, so no you don't know the god you worship which is the point of the thread.

I have no problem with people having belief but it does not make them immune from being wrong, as Reg Hunter once remarked about

Christians "once they tell you it is all part of gods plan that's shorthand for I'm done thinking!"

devout and sincere practitioners of most faiths do not sit back and just accept all that is presented to them as fact or truth, there have been many heated debates among those that believe about the nature of many things and their relationship with the god they worship,

what it all means, faith is one thing blind faith quite another, pointing out the ancient identical roots of three current religions and the

subsequent reiterations of them into three separate seemingly antagonistic faiths shows quite clearly the other point that it is men

who write the gospels prophecies and books and all are suffused with personal and religious agendas,

the bottom line is whether you know it or not all three worship the same god under different names, you all have more in common than you know and it is only the machinations of men seeking earthly power and promote division to consolidate that power that separates you all,

El is the one god, the father of the gods whether you call him Allah or Yahweh matters not.

@@Hughie Green so start it :)

I agree with you. I'd be more specific and say that it is mystical experience (spiritual / religious), the experience of being at one with the all. The question is, once you've had the experience, what do you do with it? :)

NC

Try and frame it into a world view that is acceptable and understandable to those you try to explain it to, we can agree that hallucinogens

produce identical states of consciousness in very different people, like the fact that people taking Mescaline all report meso american

sculptural imagery and faces of native indigenous people appearing to them regardless of location or ethnicity,

when taken in a group and that group can later communicate their experiences to each other it will seem to be fairly significant

that they all have the same experience as if there were a guiding intelligence or persona contained within the hallucinogen itself,

as reported by Salvia users among others,

I've posted a bit about John Allegro and sacred mushrooms while back, perhaps I will dig it out and expand on the theme.

• Like 6

I'm not religious and no longer recognise a 'God'

I was born and brought up roman catholic but realised that was not for me many moons ago.

Having said that, I have developed a faith in a divinity, but it's nothing to do with Roman Catholicism or any religion for that matter.

It's more to do with nature and consciousness, sorry for the vaguness, hard to describe.

I can feel it, just putting it into words is hard.

I started feeling this faith through my past use of psychedelics.

Also, not so long ago, I was suicidal and once I had finally decided on a method I started to feel great peace.

When push came to shove though, I could not go through with it, because I feared that if I killed off my body, my conscious awareness would still exist, however, having killled off my body, I feared I may end up more trapped as a conscious, perceiving being, but with no body.

Does that make sense to anyone?

• Like 2

I love uk420 .

Especially this section.

Cheers all .

Herbs come from somewhere good , so far as I can tell, the use of herbs often tends to lead to more and differently slanted thinking , and their cultivation to deeper and more differently slanted thought.

For me there is morethanness , and this is from personal gnosticism and psychedelic experience.

As NG says the question is what to do with this SHARED experience?

Is psychedelic politics possible?