Alien RDWC Setup and Testing

SKELE-TORO

Cracking setup I'll park myself in the corner if that's ok

Wizard

yes mate.. how's it?

Get the biftas rolled.. gonna be a long ride. ;)

• Like 1

Yes yes...

The extraction has arrived. :yahoo:

I cranked up the old interwebs last week looking for a suitable fan. Initially I was gonna go for an heavily oversized 10"-12" extract and run it through a digital environment controller on half speed, but after looking at the CanFan/RUCK site and was exited to see they had a new product out..

The MAX-FAN PRO.

med_gallery_53527_9820_308380.jpgmed_gallery_53527_9820_433082.jpg

This bad boy looks and sounds sweet.. but which do I go for?

I calculated that in my space 1.2 x 2.4 x 2 = 5.76m³

x 60 for metres calculation

x 1.33 to add for CF resistance

With those calculations... (please correct me if this is wrong!) I needed a fan thats capable of moving 459.648m³/h

med_gallery_53527_9820_138351.jpgmed_gallery_53527_9820_341373.jpg

This was the smallest one they offered... a 150mm at 600m³/h

I think that should be good to go!

The MAX-PRO runs a diagonal 3D rotor stator which has been upgraded from the MAX FAN.

The air flow exits in a much straighter fashion, in turn making it run more efficient and create less rattle through the ducting.

It has removable duct adapters allowing you to connect either 6" or 8" ducting, I haven't tried removing them yet, but I will be running with 6" ducting to start with anyway.

It also has a neat little switch to change the speed down for those times when you don't need it full whack.

I also got a 125L for the intake or possibly air-cooled shades, when the wallet lets me

It's a very lightweight fan being made of fiberglass.

med_gallery_53527_9820_135813.jpgmed_gallery_53527_9820_261934.jpg

Last but not least the Filter!

Another lightweight offering.. weighing in at 4kgs, this is the recommended matching filter for the fan i have. The Lite-600 It uses a different type of lightweight carbon.

There will be no issues with weight for hanging in the tent... even though I know it can take it!

med_gallery_53527_9820_95793.jpgmed_gallery_53527_9820_29565.jpg

Just the Lights left to arrive now...

Edited by SKELE-TORO
  • Like 3

• 3 weeks later...

Yes!! It's finally arrived!

I'm pretty happy with this little power plant. :yahoo: The twin 600W Ballast with Super Lumen Boost!
(I will be saving that for a special occasion)

med_gallery_53527_9820_288819.jpg
med_gallery_53527_9820_330226.jpg
med_gallery_53527_9820_262600.jpg

Right that's everything I think?... (apart from the chiller) MUST BUY CHILLER!
I'll be buying the bulbs, reflectors and some more bits and pieces this weekend... then I'll get ready to crank this baby up.

:v:

• Like 6

oh nice looking fan, might have a look a getting one cheers :yep:

lol look at the length of that beast of a ballast, hope you've got a hilti if your mounting it on a wall lol

• Like 5

@SKELE-TORO Do you know which chiller you are going to go for? Hailea 150? All coming on nicely S-T. :rockon:

Yo Yo THCC! Yeah was looking at the Hailea 150. They are expensive though... Gotta be next month or two, as the growshop just rinsed my card on bulbs, H202, and reflectors.

Hoping the H202 will hold off any root problems until then :bored:

Thanks for looking in man.

Spot on setup!

Good luck

Been a long time getting it all together and a strain to afford the good stuff. Thanks a lot mate :thumsup:

Just noticed these new duel ballasts last night, they look quite good!

Class mate. They have been around a bit (without the superboost) but every time I tried to get one before, they never had any in stock.

Finally have one and it's better than I thought.

oh nice looking fan, might have a look a getting one cheers :yep:

lol look at the length of that beast of a ballast, hope you've got a hilti if your mounting it on a wall lol

The fan is the tits mate! Really impressed with it! So glad I did a bit of research first as I would have just gone for the normal Ruck RK's if I hadn't of found this baby!

Ballast is a frikkin' powerhouse, pretty light weight though (considering). No I won't be mounting it on the wall ;) luckily we have tiled floors here in spain so on the deck it goes :guitar:

PEACE OUT Y'ALL :yinyang:

• Like 1

@SKELE-TORRO You could use frozen bottles of water until you get the chiller. . It is a pain but it does work. All the best bud. :yep:

That's a good call actually mate.. I'll defo give that a shot to start. Cheers :v:

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

GOT ROOTS?

med_gallery_53527_9820_147260.jpgmed_gallery_53527_9820_504946.jpg

I popped the babys in the system on Sunday and I'm happy to see some little roots poking through the nets today...

I will be testing out Afgooey from Strain Hunters.. Shhh! Don't say it... :shutup::king:

I set the system up with the water 150L (inc header), nutes to 0.6 E.C, 150ml H202 every 2 days, and all p.H'd down to 5.8. I need some help nailing these settings early on... Please let me know if they sound correct or not.

I'm also struggling to decide whether or not to run a sterile system using ONLY H202 and chiller.. (Expensive) ... or possibly using a setup like phythoff + Biopak or something similar and maybe running without chiller through winter? Does anyone have any knowledge on that?

med_gallery_53527_9820_414488.jpgmed_gallery_53527_9820_335769.jpg

med_gallery_53527_9820_175683.jpgmed_gallery_53527_9820_526585.jpg

I think I have it setup to the best of my abilities so far. Now, the only thing that i need to do (but not urgent) is find a Y splitter for my intake so I can direct airflow separately to each plant, and maybe buy a fan for the canopy for later on.

med_gallery_53527_9820_475541.jpgmed_gallery_53527_9820_71073.jpg

So here we go!

med_gallery_53527_9820_338033.jpg

Oh and big up THCC for the Icepacks heads up!
It's a chore but it's working... Got the biggest freezer packs I could find and vac packed them for leaks. I swap them over every 12 hours.. Chillers still looking like the option. ;)

gallery_53527_9820_277355.jpg

• Like 6

@@SKELE-TORO cheers for a nice, informative thread... always had my eye on an Alien RDWC!

A cooler is essential, especially where your'e living, Senor, nail it on 19C, you will find this will be the most useful, but the noisiest bit of kit you'll have. When I did DWC, I used a 3 inch thick piece of sofa foam underneath it but it still made a right old racket.

I had the Hailea 150.... shop around the aquarium suppliers and find a quieter one... if you can.

Best of growing karma for the grow, Bro.

• Like 2