Killer Spider Mite Infestation!

Vyper

I've used "growing Success" bug spray to great effect - two sprayings rid me of spidermites about a year ago, and I ain't seen 'em since! The spray is plant oil based, and safe for organic and food crops :wassnnme:

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• MU

• Spurious

• oldtimer1

• Vlad (the impala)

I`ve never experienced mites but I`m just wondering if LeafCoat would do anything to prevent them?? I know its designed to protect the plant from fungus and spores, etc.. but would it make the plant 'taste' different to the mites as they would have to eat the latex layer?

if u can lower growroom temps it will slow them down, and blast them with fans to also slow them down.

ive also noticed they like corners seem to start from there imho

Half my crop has been wiped out by spidermites! lol

i have two seperate growtents in my attic, luckily there are hardly any mites in the second one - although they are still present.

what is the best way to 'clean' both growtents after i have harvested what is left? :nuke:

288810[/snapback]

:blub: sorry m8 :( Had the same happen a few months back ;) If yer well in to flower I would pull them, clean up, and start again :smug: They are gona EAT yer bud, I left mine and tried ALL kinds of stuff, BUZZOFF, NEEM OIL, SOAP, ended up I killed tons of em but they still ate the bud the bastartds :smug: How's yer humidity? I've found with this grow, keeping my humidity BELOW 60% NO PESTS lol good luck m8 :yinyang:

IMHO there is a product out there called "spider Mite Control".  It works 100% of the time ALL the time.  It's 100% natural as well so no worries of chems or nowt.

;)

289076[/snapback]

is that the one in a sachet? if so it didnt touch my mites, but buzzoff/leafcoat does them in.

Has anyone ever tried introducing some spidermite natural predators into the growroom so that they wipe out the spidermites. I have read about it and would like to know if it works.

Jim

From what i have heard Preds are no good when in flower, which i am because of the 12/12 light cycle kills them ????? might be bullshit??

From what i have heard Preds are no good when in flower, which i am because of the 12/12 light cycle kills them ????? might be bullshit??

289392[/snapback]

The problem with preds when flowering is advanced, is that for the preds to do well the humidity has to be over 60 %. This increases the risk of bud rot. Spider mite likes it dry and hot while the preds like it damp and hot. They were originally introduced by accident from Chille.

If you can manage to keep your humidity over 60% the preds will multiply faster than the mites. They have a terrific appetite for mites and will eat every last mite and when finished will eat each other.

The other alternative is to start with several thousand preds and they will usually survive until all mites are eaten.

My mate has used preds with great results. I spray with neem oil at the first sign of spider mite and it keeps them away. Neem oil is also good for the plant and organic.

Preds are expensive from grow shops, there are much cheaper sources on the internet.