Killer Spider Mite Infestation!

Vyper

Half my crop has been wiped out by spidermites! :yinyang:

i have two seperate growtents in my attic, luckily there are hardly any mites in the second one - although they are still present.

what is the best way to 'clean' both growtents after i have harvested what is left? :unsure:

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• MU

• Spurious

• oldtimer1

• Vlad (the impala)

:mashed: fuckers, 1 of my blueberrys already has succumbed ..

I look in the microscope and they were laughing and bathing in the 'whetting' agent!! cos its just soap right?

Divide and rule i say, ill isolate a little bastard and feed it half strengh steroids, make it work for shit for 40 hours a week, give it arthritis , deney its genetic program and remove from all juicy cells and sap from its diet, ill feed it dried potatoe starch and emusified pig fat........ then ill release it back to breed on my plants and hopefully it will breed some more with its own kind and will eventually self destruct by destroying there own communities................sounds like where i live ::mashed::

I've noticed mite love types like Mazar, Blueberry or any short stocky plant...

reckon it must have something to do with less heat and air movement in the middle of a stocky plant....

RAZ

they`ve got good taste is all m8 :yep:

288895[/snapback]

You said it dude :( .......

BB and mazar are 2 on the keepers list's, borg or no borg :stoned: ....

RAZ

I've noticed mite love types like Mazar, Blueberry or any short stocky plant...

reckon it must have something to do with less heat and air movement in the middle of a stocky plant....

RAZ

288879[/snapback]

Not that! they just enjoy the short strolls to there next perfect enviro MEAL !!!! sativas have the bastards panting for there juices :yep:

Im gutted bout all this borg talk, I only had em once, like 4 years ago. I hope I never gett em again. If i do im settin off a crazy huge bug bomb in my grow room, and nuke them bastardz.

FTM

Once you've got them they are nearly impossible to get rid of imo. The eggs are capable of diapause which is like suspended animation until the grow is nice and warm again then they're off!!

Get an egg on your clothes from outside the grow and transfer it into the grow accidentally and the bastards are off again!!

Bastards!!!!!!

Bu. :unsure:

Bastards!!!! lol

THE BORG lol

I have had minor infesttions and came across an Austalian product called "White oil" which did the trick. Mind you the attack was not a 'full out assault'. I awaited light out and sprayed affected folage (plants were day 4 12/12 with budsites @ day 8

There is no manufacturers/product content info on lable but says use is for "control" of "Aphids, Mealy bugs, Red & White wax, and certain other scales (not San Jose Scale), sooty Mold, SPIDER MITES, White fly White Louse. :yinyang:

I don't know if you have this product outside of Oz but the can has "Australian Export"

I have not been assimulated ............... .............. Yet ! lol

:)

:unsure:

NK.

Divide and rule i say, ill isolate a little  bastard and feed it half strengh steroids, make it work for shit for 40 hours a week, give it arthritis , deney its genetic program and remove from all juicy cells and sap from its diet, ill feed it dried potatoe starch and emusified pig fat........ then ill release it back to breed on my plants and hopefully it will breed some more with its own kind and will eventually self destruct by destroying there own communities................sounds like where i live ::rolleyes::

288869[/snapback]

:ninja: and you aint far off bout our area neither dood :wassnnme:

IMHO there is a product out there called "spider Mite Control". It works 100% of the time ALL the time. It's 100% natural as well so no worries of chems or nowt.

It has taken many years of trial and error to bring you what many are now calling the definitive in clean user friendly pest control. We have produced a special blend of plant extracts with non toxic properties with you the indoor grower in mind. It will eradicate the spider mite and its eggs without causing ill effect to your plants or yourself with the minimum amount of fuss, unlike many chemicals which the pest can become immune to, spidermite control kills pests every time by interfering with

Their mode of respiration.

The respiratory organs of the spider mite are similar to that of most insects, these are the tracheae. The tracheal system consists of a number of tubes opening to the exterior by way of spiracles or respiratory pores, and air is diffused within small fluid filled tubes that ramify over the internal organs although the smaller mites may only possess cutaneous respiratory ability,breathing directly through the skin.

Usually mites are difficult to dispose of due in part to a waterproof thin epicuticle making the adherence of pesticide difficult if not impossible and allowing the pest to prosper unabated. Spidermite control circumvents the need for toxicity by simply bonding to the exoskeleton and blocking the spiracles causing death by suffocation. Any eggs treated in this manner are unlikely to hatch due to their encapsulation within the medium and their obvious inability to transpire successfully.

;)