Please stop by for a looook

Aurora Ruderalis

not sure filling the bottom 1/3 of the pots with expanded clay is doing you any favors, especially if you are lacking nutrients. that space would be better used by more compost imo... save the clay pebbles for a thin layer at the top of the pots to maximize the rooting in the top layer of soil...

• 10 months later...

doing sterling work sunshine! :)

you have more patience than i do! i would have fucked it off and built something big by now.

oddly i was awake for ages last night wondering if i could get hold of an old USA style fridgefreezer for use as a veg space and stick in garage, since it would only be vegging i wouldnt need as much height. either that or an old chest freezer?!?

i have one of those hugs black monolith fridge freezers and it would be a decent space. would maybe go with 2 led lights or something.

anyway, keep up the good work fella!

@@KanedAndUnable I already did build something bigger, just bumped this old thread as a few folks were talking about small spaces recently...

I now use four plastic lockers bolted together....

Yet another mission.....

Just so long as you are growing is all that matters...

Hope you get your own supply soon folks.

Peas and glove..

;)

• 4 years later...

What an amazing thread Phoenix!

For sure for blooming I would have considered using some garden mesh, SCRoG style grow and pushing what leaves I could below the screen to expose nodes for more branches while giving node sites prioritised lumen love! Also you mentioned to me growing vertically and that's a very good option, advice indeed!

I'm glad yoube shown me this thread it's really good food for thought and one definite item I'm going to need to invest in it seems is some of that 'cooker charcoal' sponge stuff to apply over the vents, not only does it prevent dust and rubbish but for the sake of light leaks too.

Itching to get cracking but am waiting on a few essential items, mainly being a 102mm holesaw and arbor to get cracking on the vent openings, I've silicone and enough parts available to present at least a half decent show hehh

I cannot believe you actually managed to get an HPS going, truly amazing, thought I was risking it with a few Enviros and wanting to invest in LED to be honest but at this very moment if I did obtain LEDs I would put them to use elsewhere until I had enough about to warrant using for testing purposes on a DIY project.

How is this project sat today, do you still utilise the fridge build as I notice some of the dates are from 2015 and prior or have you invested in a huge American style beast by now!

Quality home build mate, I'm going to have to add you to my following list and keep in contact more officially if that's okay with you :D

• Like 1

Jesus man, I'm humbled!  Glad you enjoyed it!  Aye the project evolved into

'The lockers'.  I think there is more diary on that some place in the micro growing and experimental sub section in the lighting forum.  Not sure if I may have set pics to private though.  I could dig it out if you fancy a peruse.

I'm really looking forward to watching your project unfold @Butterfingerz

what better time to have a focus on a project.

Again, many, many thanks for having a read.  Pop round any time man.

;)

This is what the fridge evolved into.

There is more than one diary but that's a good start.

;)

Have a gander @Butterfingerz

Edited by Phoenix
Mention