how to slow down drying in high temps?

K-B

I would put them straight into brown bags using the stacking method, and leave the bags in the tent with the fan/filter on.

Brown bag stacking method

You will need brown bags, a shredder (or alternative) and plain brown non died paper.

1. Shred brown paper into strips so it looks like hamster bedding.

2. Place a layer of bud in a brown bag, and cover with shredded brown paper.

3. Put another layer of bud on top of the shredded brown paper, then cover with more shredded brown paper. Repeat this until the bag is full with layers of bud and brown paper, but there is no bud showing at the top (i.e. it's all covered).

4. Leave in your tent. Check bud every day, turning it over and relayering as necessary.

Voila. This keeps your bud in a cool environment (your tent), and the brown bags/paper will dry the bud evenly and slowly without direct exposure to the fast moving air.

Hope this helps.

• Like 1

Im in exactly the same position and was just about to post a thread about it.

Im due to harvest in the next couple of days and have high loft temps out side my tent,

My question is what is the max temp you could get away with whilst drying to give u an ok end result?

I know i should be aiming for 20-22c but could i get away with 25c?

If the temps are too warm it will dry on the outside first so I would put them in a sealed box when that happens, let the moisture even out and then re hang.

Repeat this until they stems snap and they dont remoisten when sealed.

RR

drying at the moment and they are done now at 7 days. they first started to crisp up at 2 days but i just left until stems completely snap which they are now doing at 7 days.

• 8 years later...